QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 is associated with payroll software that hinders the working procedure. It can occur whenever the user tries to update QuickBooks payroll software. To kick out this error from your device, you must get into the post.
|Error Message||QuickBooks is having trouble installing payroll tax table updates.|
|Error Cause||Incorrect software settings|
|Error Solution||Repair QB desktop|
What is QuickBooks Error ps077?
This payroll error PS077 appears when downloading updates of payroll. You can encounter the message provided above. Though the error is common many users still don’t have knowledge on eradicating it. So, make sure to move with us to this post and learn several ways of troubleshooting.
Well, QuickBooks payroll is known for its smooth payroll services. Receiving any error text inside it can lead to so many problems. You may end up with no payment to your client and other transactional issues. However, we bring this guide to move you out of this tough situation. So, let’s start the troubleshooting procedure by learning each cause leading to this issue.
The Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Payroll Error ps077
There are several reasons behind the Quickbooks Payroll Update Error ps077.
- When Quickbooks is unable to read the information registered to the software.
- If the billing information on payroll is incorrect.
- When Quickbooks payroll or some of its components damage the tax-table files.
- If the Billing information is outdated
- If the Quickbooks company file is damaged or corrupted.
- Quickbooks software is not registered.
Symptoms of Quickbooks Payroll Error ps077
These symptoms/signs will inform the Quickbooks payroll users that the system is facing the Quickbook ps077 error and the user has to perform solutions to resolve this error.
- You are unable to update the tax table.
- Users are not able to download Payroll updates.
- QuickBooks starts hanging now and then.
- The computer starts performing slowly.
- QB Error PS077 messages come to the screen
Points to Remember Before Performing Quickbooks error ps077
- First of all, check and verify that the user has only one QuickBooks software in your system
- Check and validate the QuickBooks Payroll subscription
- Repair the software to avoid or correct the problems in your account
- Your payroll account should have the correct billing information
- Before the update, upgrade, or, repair of the Quickbooks company file take the backup of the company file.
- Also, update the QuickBooks desktop account to the latest version.
- You have to authenticate the QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
- Check if the billing information mentioned in the payroll account is correct.
How to Solve the Quickbooks Payroll Error ps077?
The user is required to perform the below-mentioned solutions to resolve the Quickbooks ps077 error in Quickbooks payroll.
Solution 1: Close All Opened Payroll Windows
In the first solution, the user has to perform the following steps;
- First, log out from the Quickbooks account
- After that, make sure not a single window in your payroll system is open, so close all the windows in the first place.
- To verify all the windows are closed open the task manager by clicking the Ctrl+alt+Delete key together.
- Now, reopen the QuickBooks Desktop again and try to download the Quickbooks payroll.
If the Quickbooks payroll starts downloading then you are good to go for further work but if the error still persists, then move to the next step.
Solution 2: Update Quickbooks Desktop
The next solution includes some steps to resolve the Quickbooks payroll error ps077.
- Open the QuickBooks accounts and check the QuickBooks License. The user should have the latest updates for the QB version.
- Now verify the details like billing information dates available on the QuickBooks payroll service account information.
- Go to Files and click on the Utilities option to verify and create the QuickBooks Data.
- For users having Microsoft Windows 7 and 8, you need to switch off the UAC and after that, you need to try downloading the QB payroll updates.
If this solution resolves the error then enjoy using the Quickbooks payroll, if not then go for the next method.
Solution 3: Re-install Quickbooks Desktop Version
In the third method to resolve the Quickbooks error ps077 the user has to perform these simple steps in two different cases:
- If the user is using a single version of Quickbooks
- If the user is using multiple versions of QuickBooks
Case 1: Single Version Quickbooks
If the user is having a single version of Quickbooks in his/her system then he/she doesn’t have to perform any other method to resolve the error just follow these steps, and the error will redeem itself.
- Create a backup of the Quickbooks company file
- Check and close all the Applications running in the background
- Now open the Run Window in your system, the following steps to open run in your system whether you are using
A: Windows 8
- Go to the Windows System Tab.
- Now, Click and open the Start Screen.
- Right-click the option background to all apps.
- Finally, select the Run option.
B: Windows 7 and XP
- Click on the Start button if you are not logged in as the administrator.
- Now, go to the All Program option and select Accessories.
- And then, click on the Run option.
C: Windows Vista
- Click on the Start button
- And go to the search field
- Now, enter Run, and hit the enter button on the keyboard.
Now when the Run option prompted on your screen
- Now in the open field type control and click on the ok option, the control panel is now open.
- Now, go to the programs and feature option and double-click on it.
- After that, a list of all programs installed in your multiple versions of Qukcbooks will open up
- Now, select those Quickbooks Desktop programs you want to delete
- Click on the change/remove option or in vista, you will see uninstall/change option, click on it
- Now the Quickbooks desktop installation Wizards open
- After that, click on the Next button after selecting the Remove option.
Case 2: If the User has Multiple Versions of Quickbooks
In the second case scenario, if the user is having Multiple Versions of Quickbooks in his/her system then perform a clean installation process of the Quickbooks desktop version with the help of the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. Follow the steps to complete the process.
- Reset the Quickbooks update for multiple versions of Quickbooks after uninstalling all the additional Installations on your system.
- Now, the user is required to download the latest payroll tax table
- Re-sort the list, and then use the verify Data/rebuild data Process (rebuild data only if required)
- Now, perform a Clean Uninstall/reinstall in selective startup mode.
Solution 4: Downloading QuickBooks and Latest Payroll Tax Table
- Start the procedure by removing the existing and additional installation.
- Thereafter, navigate towards the Help menu.
- From there, choose Update QuickBooks.
- Also, try to reset the QuickBooks update.
- Then, you need to download the latest payroll tax table.
- Try to go through the lists
- Choose the Selective Startup method to conduct a clean uninstallation of QuickBooks.
- Finally, just update the tax table.
Solution 5: Turn Off UAC
- First of all, press the Windows + R buttons.
- Thus, open the Run window.
- Make sure to specify Control Panel there.
- Also, choose OK.
- Pick User Accounts.
- Then, click on User Accounts (Classic View)
- Thereafter, the user needs to pick Change User Account Control Settings.
- Choose Yes when receiving a prompt from UAC.
- Just move the slider to Never Notify to disable the UAC.
- Finally, choose OK.
Solution 6: Modify the CPS Folder name
- Open the File Explorer by hitting Windows + E buttons.
- Then, click on the PC button.
- Visit the Local Disk C option.
- Just access the program file folders if there are some issues while finding the program files.
- Thereafter, just access the QuickBooks desktop folder that has the same version.
- Launch it.
- Navigate towards the Payroll folder.
- Subsequently, perform a right-click on the CPS folder.
- Also, select the Rename button.
- Make sure that you need to rename it as CP SOLD.
- Then, hit Enter.
- Create a new folder for CPS.
- Afterward, access QuickBooks.
- Try to update the latest payroll tax table to move further.
So, here we reach the end of the ost. We hope you like it and resolve the error issue. Make sure to consult with our experts if there is any other problem that appears in your mind. We hope that you like this article. Do check out our other articles as well which would be masterpieces for many of you struggling with different payroll errors.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I update my payroll in QuickBooks?
- Choose Employees and click on Get Payroll Updates.
- Tap on Download Entire Update and select Download Latest Update.
- A window will appear once the download is finished.
Q2. What is QuickBooks Advanced payroll?
With the help of QBs advanced payroll, you can manage the time sheets, pensions, and other payroll accounts.
Q3.What is the difference between Intuit payroll and QuickBooks?
Intuit payroll helps in managing the payroll of your business while QuickBooks handles basic accounting needs.
Q4. How do I know if I have enhanced payroll in QuickBooks?
- Log in to QBs Desktop company file as Payroll Admin.
- Then choose the Payroll Center and from the Payroll option, you can see which payroll service you were using.