Quickbooks error 6000 83 is another error related to the Quickbooks error series 6000. 6000 series can damage the data as well as the application. You may encounter the issue when you attempt to open the Quickbooks file or restore the backup of the same. This error may occur because of insufficient settings or if you have turned on Hosting on more than one system. In this post, we have explained to you what Quickbooks error -6000, -83 is and what measures can you take to resolve the same. Continue reading to know more.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 6000 83
Quickbooks error -6000 -83 can occur on your system because of multiple reasons. Here, we have listed all the reasons for which you can encounter the issue.
- Important Quickbooks files are no more present on your system.
- In case you have not provided proper permissions to run services like QBDtataServiceUserXX.
- Another reason for the occurrence of Quickbooks error 6000 83 is that you are attempting to convert a Quickbooks file present on the network.
- Also, there are chances that you are NOT using the US or Canadian version of the Windows operating system.
- You may have turned on hosting on one or more systems.
- Other than this, there are chances that the firewall installed on the system is blocking Quickbooks communication.
- The windows users may not have sufficient permissions to access the file.
Identification of Quickbooks Error -6000, -83
Identifying Quickbooks error 6000 83 is important so that you can easily fix the error. Here are some symptoms of the error.
- Quickbooks error prompt will appear on the screen frequently.
- Quickbooks applications may start freezing frequently.
- Other than this, you may notice that your system has started responding to the inputs sluggishly.
- Also, when an error will occur on the system, your system will crash.
Easy Solutions for Fixing Quickbooks Error 6000 83
You can use more various methods to fix Quickbooks error code 6000 83 depending upon the cause of the error. In this section, we will explore all the common methods to fix the error.
Solution 1: Edit Windows Host File
Now, if you wish to connect to the server, you need to have all the admin rights. You will then be able to edit the host file on the system. In case you have stored your Quickbooks file on a Linux server, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Configuring the Database Server Manager
- The very first thing that you have to do to configure the QuickBooks database server manager is to create a directory Initord. conf file and then you will have to start your system again.
- When done, you will have to ping your server.
- After that, proceed with editing the host file.
2. Configuring the Host File
- For this, create a new folder in your C drive.
- You will then have to manually create a backup of your file and then save it to the folder that you have created recently.
- When done, tap on the start icon on the screen of anyone device connected to the network.
- Now, you will have to open cmd on your system. Simply type cmd in the windows search bar and hit the end key.
- In the new window, you will have to enter ping and add the name of your server.
- You will then have to hit the enter key.
- When done, type the name of the server and the IP address.
When this is done, you will also have to edit the host file on the system. Check if all the systems connected to your network have the proper server name and IP address.
- First, you will have to terminate the Quickbooks application on each system present in the network. You will then have to go to the File tab and then choose to Quit Quickbooks.
- When done, hover to the start icon on the screen and then in the search bar, type file explorer.
- Tap on the “my computer” icon and then hover to the C drive.
- Now, click on the system32 folder. Also, open the drive and ETC folder.
- When done, you will have to look for the Hosts file and then right-click on the same.
- Choose to open it using Notepad.
- In the file, go to the bottom and add your Linux server address and then hit the TAB key.
- In the end, save your file.
3. Restoring Your File
In case you are not able to restore the backup of the file or face any issue while doing so, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- First, you will have to check the extension of the file.
- You will then have to ensure that the backup file that you have restored has a .qbw extension.
- Next, make sure that your company file is not damaged or corrupted.
Solution 2: End Quickbooks Processes
There are chances that you may encounter Quickbooks error -6000 -83 because any other Quickbooks process is interacting with the working of the Quickbooks application. Therefore, it is advised to terminate all the Quickbooks processes. Below we have listed all the steps that you will have to carry out.
- The very first thing that you will have to make sure of is that you have logged in to your system as an admin.
- You will then have to open the task manager on the system. For this, simply press the Shift+Ctrl+Esc keys together on the keyboard.
- Now, the task manager will open on the screen. In the task manager, you will have to tap on the user’s option and then choose the processes option.
- From the list of all the processes, you will have to look for QBDBMgr.exe, QBW32.exe, qbupdate.exe process. Choose each process individually and then tap on the end process.
- When done, close the task manager and then start Quickbooks.
- You will then have to open the Quickbooks company file in multi-user mode.
- Verify if you are facing the same issue.
Solution 3: Disable Hosting Mode on the Workstation
In case you are using your company file over a network, you will have to make sure to disable multi-user mode on the host system. It is important that the hosting is turned On only on the server system. Here are all the steps that you will have to follow.
- First, you will have to open the Quickbooks application on any one of your workstations.
- On the workstation, you will have to make sure not to open your Quickbooks company file and then tap on the File tab. Under the file tab, choose the utility option.
- When done, under this, you will have to click on the option to host multi-user access. Tap on the Next option.
- Tap on the option to stop the multi-user access tab in case you see it.
- You will now have to turn off the multi-user mode on all the workstations.
Solution 4: Use Quickbooks File Doctor
Quickbooks file doctor can help you to fix most of the Quickbooks errors including Quickbooks error 6000 83. The tool can then be downloaded from the website or can be used using the Quickbooks tool hub. Below we have listed all the steps to download and install the Quickbooks file doctor tool on the system.
- First, you will have to terminate the Quickbooks application on the system. Now, from the official website, you will have to download the tool hub.
- You will then have to click on the downloaded file and then start the installation process.
- Follow all the instructions appearing to complete the installation process and when prompted, tap on the “I Agree” option.
- Now, you will have to start the tool on the system. You will then have to tap on the company file issues.
- Under this tab, choose to run the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- You will now have to wait till the tool loads on the system.
- Now, tap on the Browse option. From the folder, choose the company file and then tap on the check file damage option.
- When done, from the two options regarding the type of error, choose the first option.
- Next, choose the type of system that you are using.
- Click on the start scan option. This process may take time according to the size of your file.
- In the end, close the tool window and then start Quickbooks. Check if you can open the Quickbooks file or not.
Solution 5: Verify Backup File’s Name
If the name of your company file or the backup file is not correct, It may lead to different errors in Quickbooks including Quickbooks error -6000, 83. So, here are some steps that you will have to follow to ensure that the name of the company file is correct and change the same if needed.
- Tap on the windows icon and then open the menu.
- Now, in the search bar, type file explorer and then find the Quickbooks company file folder. Open the folder on the system.
- You will then have to look for the files having qbb extension.
- Right-click on the file and choose to rename the file.
- When done, if you see any special character present in the name of the file, remove it.
- Save the changes made and then restore your company file.
Solution 6: Resolve Issue Manually
So, if the methods that we have mentioned above didn’t help you, here are some manual methods that you can use.
- First, you will have to update the Quickbooks application. You can do it within the application or download an updated version individually.
- Next, you will have to change the firewall settings and also create exceptions for the software,
- Also, you will have to verify hosting mode with the help of the Quickbooks database server manager. Make sure that you have turned off hosting on all the workstations.
- Next, make sure that the QBDBMgrN file is listed under task manager on your system. Under this, check the name of the users and make sure it is correct.
- After this, you will have to open your company file on your host system. From there, copy and paste the file to the desktop and then open the Quickbooks file.
- In case you do not face any issue while opening the Quickbooks file, it means that the error is resolved. You will then have to paste the Quickbooks file to the original location.
- Lastly, you will have to attempt to open the Quickbooks file from the original location.
So, we have come to an end of this article. In this post, we have listed 6 proven methods to resolve Quickbooks error 6000 83. We hope that this article has helped you resolve the issue. However, if you still encounter the same issue, you may have to talk to the support team. Also, check out our website to read more such articles.