QuickBooks is a very useful and popular accounting software around the world. Many people use it to keep a record of all the business transactions. However, the user generally faces QuickBooks Error 6000 80 when he/she tries to back up or open a company file and fails for some reason. You might come across a different type of error due to the corruption of the company file.
In this article, we will talk about the above-mentioned error. If you are facing a similar error then read the whole article till the end. We will discuss the cause, the symptoms, and the solution. Hence before directly jumping into the fixation let us first understand the cause of the application.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000 80 and What Triggers it?
You may face the QuickBooks Error code 6000 80 if some background software is running in the background during the installation of the Windows application package, Windows shutdown, and Windows opening. This error also occurs when QuickBooks could not communicate with the company file on the network.
The issue lies under the series of QuickBooks 6000, which is related to the company file in the software. The error code suggests the occurrence of the issue during the opening of the company file and the application needs to be closed. Now lets us discuss the reasons behind the occurrence of the error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80
The QB error code 6000 80 in QuickBooks might get triggered for the reasons below:
- The error of the software arises when you installed corrupted and incomplete QuickBooks.
- Any damage in the QuickBooks company (.QBW) file can trigger the QuickBooks error -6000,-80.
- The user might be converted and restored over a network instead of the local storage.
- The internet server that you are using does not provide proper authorization to access the financial data.
- It is also possible that the QuickBooks software can not communicate with the Host computer.
- When the user tries to access a large file the QuickBooks error code 6000 80 might also arise then.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks 6000 80
If you are facing the QuickBooks error 6000 80 then you might come across the following signs.
- The user might get a message with an error code of 6000 80 on the display screen.
- Some issues might also occur while you would try to check the financial records.
- You could also face some kind of technical problem when you would try to resolve the error code to access the data file.
- Whereas, the user might lose the data while solving the error.
Fix the QuickBooks Error 6000 80
The QuickBooks 6000 80 error is faced by both the multi-user version and the single-user version. There could be many reasons for the occurrence of the issue. If you are someone who is facing the same kind of problem then read the ways to solve the issue below.
Solutions for Single-user Mode
Method 1: Using QuickBooks Data File Diagnostic Tool
The method would not help you to solve the solution or resolve the issue. However, the QuickBooks data file would help the user to detect corrupt files, irregularities, and damages. To use the tool follow the steps below.
- Fire, you need to download the QuickBooks Data File Diagnostic Tool and then run it in the Administrative mode.
- If the tools find out some issues then the user might try the two options.
1. You could try to restore the backup that was saved before the occurrence of Error 6000 80.|
2. The user can also recover the data or file using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery (ADR).
- If you are facing the error it could be possible that there are some severe damages that are needed to be solved to use the software.
- After completing the scan, if you get the message “No problem detected in QuickBooks Company File,” and still face the same error, then go for the next method of resolving the issue.
Method 2: Copy the File to the Local Drive
- Copy the .qbb file extension backup file that had been saved before the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error 6000 80.
- Restore the backup to the local drive-in folder.
- Verify and open the company file to update it.
- Overwrite the existing file back with the copied file to the original file location.
- Try to open the file and check if you are still facing the error.
Solutions for Multi-user Mode
Method 1: Use QuickBooks Data File Diagnostic Tool to Detect the Issue
- Download the QuickBooks Data File Diagnostic Tool and then run it in the Administrative mode so that no third-party antivirus can interfere with the application.
- Just like the single-users, the multi-user version also has two options.
1. Get the data using Auto Data Recovery (ADR)
2. The user can also recover the file from the recent backup.
- If you are facing the QuickBooks error 6000 80, then there must be some issue in the company file.
- After receiving the message “No problem detected in QuickBooks Company File” if you are still facing the problem, then try the next solution.
Method 2: Use the QuickBooks Connections Diagnostic Tool to Resolve the Issue
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is an amazing tool that helps to detect and fix QB Error 6000 80. However, it is more effective when used in the Multi-User setup of QuickBooks.
- To use the tool, you first need to download the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool from the internet.
- After the completion of the download, click on the downloaded file to open it.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions to start the installation procedure.
- Now follow the Installation Wizard instructions.
- Use the software after installation to detect the issue. If you got a green checkmark then the internet connection is fine to open the QuickBooks file.
- However, if you are still facing the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80 or any other error from the QuickBooks 6000 series, then follow the steps below to solve the issue.
Method 3: Copy the File to the Local Drive
- Search for the backup file .qbb file extension taken before the occurrence of the QuickBooks 6000 80 and then copy it.
- Restore the backup in an easily accessible folder.
- Open the company file and verify it.
- Copy the backup file to the original file location and try to overwrite the data.
- After that try to use the file and check if you can use the data without any trouble.
Read Also: List of Different QuickBooks Error Codes
Method 4: Resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000 80 Manually
There could be plenty of reasons behind the QuickBooks Error -6000 -80 hence if none of the above steps helped you to resolve the error of your computer then do not panic, try the following steps.
- Ensure you have permission to access the company file.
- Now scan the company file and then fix the corrupt data.
- Open the company file and check whether the location of the file is damaged.
- Verify if the damage is in the company file.
- Check the hosting on the devices.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop file to solve the QuickBooks error -6000 -80.
In conclusion, QuickBooks Error 6000 80 is an error that occurs when a user attempts to open a QuickBooks company file. This error is often associated with issues related to network connectivity, file permissions, or data corruption within the company file. But now that you know the solutions for this error, you can fix this error immediately.
However to get fast technical assistance then try to contact Customer Support of QuickBooks. You can access the 24×7 Helpline Number from the official site of Intuit QuickBooks. We have discussed all the possible methods to solve the issue. Hopefully, the article was helpful and informative to you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix error 6000 in QuickBooks?
- Open “Sample Company File”.
- Change the Name of the .ND and .TLG Files.
- Keep your file on the Desktop.
Q2. What are the most common QuickBooks file extensions?
The most common QBs extensions are QBW, QBB, and QBO. These extensions may differ depending on your OS and the version you are using.
Q3. How long do QuickBooks keep records?
QuickBooks keeps a record of your data for 12 months.