“I still remember the day when I started using QuickBooks, it didn’t require any expert advice to know about its features and how it works. But as time passed it started showing errors. When an error comes it makes me feel stressed and I start to panic as I don’t know how to get out of it. Then after doing a little research and with the support of an expert team, the QuickBooks Error 12057 has been eliminated”.
You also might find yourself stuck in a similar situation. But don’t worry, we will assist you to clear out every uncertainty regarding QuickBooks error 12057.
What is QuickBooks Error 12057?
QuickBooks Error 12057 when the user tries to update QuickBooks Payroll is quite common. Due to the wrong setup of system files, you can get this error. Later, in this, we are going to tell you the causes, symptoms, and best method to get out of it.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 12057
If you got payroll update QuickBooks error 12057, then it can be because of the following factors:
- Your subscription to QuickBooks has expired.
- Not able to update QuickBooks.
- Wrong settings of the SSL network can promote QBs error 12057.
- You haven’t given access to users.
- Response from the server is slow.
- The Firewall and wrong internet settings block you from connecting to the server.
- QuickBooks is not able to connect with the Intuit server.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 12057
Following are some symptoms that say you are the victim of this error 12057 QuickBooks:
- The QuickBooks starts freezing and you can’t move forward.
- You will be getting an error message on your screen.
- Windows turning off frequently.
- The system stops giving responses to the mouse, and keyboard.
- The PC is working very slowly and your active windows are getting crashed.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 12057
As you know the root cause of this error. So, now we can look for the solutions to get rid of this error 12057 QuickBooks:
Solution 1: Check your Internet connectivity
This might be one of the reasons for getting an error that your internet connection is weak. Due to this, your server is not able to connect. So, to fix payroll update QuickBooks error 12057, just follow the steps:
- Tap on the Start button and type Settings.
- Now, choose Settings and click on Network and Internet.
- Check for internet connectivity and fix it with your service provider in case of any major issues.
Solution 2: Run QBs as an Administrator
Sometimes you are denying access to some users to use the company files. This will create problems for them and they can’t proceed further. To avoid this, you need to run QuickBooks again as an admin. See the steps given below to do this:
- Open the Control Panel and choose User Accounts.
- Select Manage User Accounts and check if you have been given administrative rights.
- Now, if admin rights are not given then restart your computer.
- Sign in with an Administrative account and click on Run as Administrator.
Solution 3: Set System Date and Time settings
The correct date and time settings help you to keep your system up to date. But if these are set wrong then it will affect your update process. Follow the instructions given below:
- First, you need to close the QuickBooks.
- Choose the Control Panel and then select Clock and Region.
- Lastly, tap on Date and Time and do the desired changes.
Solution 4: Verify SSL Set Up under Internet Settings
Secure Sockets Layer provides security, ensures privacy, and maintains integrity. So to fix QuickBooks error 12057, go through the steps below:
- Hold Windows + R and enter the Control Panel in the Run box.
- Choose Network and Internet Option and select Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab and tick on Use SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
- Lastly, retry to update QBs Payroll
Also Read : Fix Quickbooks Won’t Open Error Quickly
Solution 5: Update QuickBooks
If you don’t update your QuickBooks then your PC might start working quite slowly with QuickBooks active on your screen. Update your QuickBooks regularly. For that, you need to follow these instructions:
- Close all your company files and QuickBooks.
- Tap on the Windows Start option and browse for QBs Desktop.
- Then on the No Company Open window choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, click on Options and select Update Now.
In the above post, we have discussed some solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 12057. We hope all the given solutions will be helpful for you to resolve this error and you are able to follow all the steps correctly. If you face these errors again or any related error on your computer then you can get through our other articles as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is the error code 40003 QuickBooks?
QuickBooks error code 40003 occurs when users try to update information in direct deposit. You will also face this error when you are running outdated QBs applications.
Q2. What is shared download in QuickBooks update?
If you turn on share download then QuickBooks updates automatically and there is no need to do it manually.