Over the years, QuickBooks has been recognized as the most frequently used accounting software. One of the reasons for being the most frequently used software may be user-friendly. Moreover, it offers several features that are tailor-made to specific industries. This is especially true for QuickBooks Desktop, which, despite the availability of online alternatives, remains popular among small and medium-sized businesses.
The disadvantage of using this software is the number of errors that desktop users face at various stages of using this software. In this article, we will go through QuickBooks error 3371 in detail.
Before we proceed further, let us first understand what is QuickBooks Error 3371.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371?
This error code denotes a series of errors that occur when QuickBooks is unable to load the license data. These error codes arise because of the installation issues on the Desktop running QuickBooks.
The status code of QuickBooks Error 3371 are listed as follows:
- Error 3371, Status Code- 11118
- Error 3371, Status Code- 1
All of the errors listed above occur when QuickBooks is unable to initialize license properties, with data loss or file corruption being the most likely cause.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 3371
Even though all QuickBooks errors are displayed with a generic explanation, users must still diagnose the specific cause of failure. The following are some of the specific scenarios in which users may encounter quick books error 3371:
Damaged or Missing QB registration.dat file:
A QB registration.dat file is required to validate the user license because it contains the license information. If the user discovers any damage in this file or if the file is missing, QuickBooks will not function.
Damaged MSXML component:
MSXML is a Microsoft component that is required to retrieve information from the QB registration.dat file. If this system component is damaged, the QuickBooks application will not start.
Using Outdated Windows Operating system:
If the user is not using an updated version of the Windows operating system, he or she may encounter this error. To avoid this error, it is recommended that the operating system be updated.
Antivirus or third party system cleaner applications:
Antivirus and other security software may delete or modify QuickBooks application files, resulting in this error. To avoid this, remove the QuickBooks folder and its associated process from the list of applications to be scanned.
Importing file before saving:
If you’re using QuickBooks for multiple users with Web connect, save the file before opening it, as doing so may cause the application to crash. This is the most common reason for Right Networks users who use the Web Connect feature.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 with status code-11118 and Status Code-1
Solution 1: Run 3371 Error Fix from within QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is a one-stop shop for troubleshooting almost any error that a QuickBooks user may encounter. To resolve Quick Books error 3371, follow the steps outlined below::
Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop from the taskbar.
- Download the most updated version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub application.
- Navigate to the downloads where you have saved your application and run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Before installation, agree to the terms and conditions and follow the steps as they appear on the screen.
- Now, go to your Desktop and double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- If you can’t find the icon, use the Windows Search feature to find it as shown in the image below.
Run Error 3371 Fix Tool from Tool Hub
- Once the QuickBooks tool Hub application is downloaded and is on the screen, click on ‘Installation Issues’ from the left side of the application (as shown in the image below).
2. Select the ‘3371 Error Fix’ option.
3. Click on the OK button and try to open the company file in QuickBooks Desktop again.
Solution 2: Rename the Entitlement file
For Windows XP users:
- Initially, Windows XP users have to click on the start tab and then select the Run box.
- The path to reach the ‘’Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2″ must be entered.
- Once done, click on the OK button.
- Now, rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
For Windows 7 users:
- If you are Windows 7 user, go to C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*
- Next, rename the Entitlement file.
- Now, once you start QuickBooks, it will automatically create a new file for you.
- To unhide the program data folder, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Stick to the path Computer > Select Organize > Choose Folder > Search options
- Select the Hidden files and folders option.
- Finally, open QuickBooks to see whether QuickBooks error 3371 is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Deleting the Ecml file
- Click on Windows+R keys together on your keyword (As shown in the image)
2. Now, enter the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the window that pops out on the screen.
3. In the next step, spot window explorer as the next location.
4. Now remove the ecml file by right-clicking and selecting the delete option.
5. Once you have completed it, close the Windows option.
6. At last, you have to run QuickBooks and then register the product again.
Solution 4: Update your Windows operating system
- In the first step, press the Start button.
- Then, select all programs and press the Windows update button.
- After that, click on Check for Updates.
- Next, you need to reinstall and update QuickBooks Desktop again.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- To proceed with, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then open the same.
- Then in the tool hub, click on the Installation Issue tab.
- After that click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and then run it.
- Allow the tool to run and detect the problem. Also, keep in mind that the process may take some time.
- To run the process, you need to reboot the system.
We hope that by following the steps outlined above, you are able to resolve QuickBooks Error 3371, which was caused by missing or damaged files. In case you fail to resolve the error on your own, you can consult the technical team.