Many QuickBooks users prefer to clone the operations that help the QuickBooks user to perform better. However, this software can also trigger errors. Due to the cloning, you can face many post-cloning errors, one of them is QuickBooks License Error after Clone.
We would discuss the QuickBooks license error, along with other errors like error 3371 status code 11118 Quickbooks could not load the license data and error 3371, status code -1 QuickBooks could not load the license data, and many more. If you are someone who is dealing with the error and looking for some solution then read the whole article till the end.
If QuickBooks license error after clone disturbing you with its frequent occurrence then make sure to read this whole post. Not only you will come across some best troubleshooting but also the causes and symptoms. Well, the error occurs when you enter license numbers and product codes after installing the software.
You can get any of the following errors on your desktop that state:
- QuickBooks could not initialize license properties
- Could not initialize license properties: Error 3371
- QuickBooks has encountered a problem with startup
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -1118]
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1]
The troubleshooting would be the same to resolve these error issues. You can start from the first solution and then jump consequently. But, there are lots more that you need to know about this issue. So, make sure to jump directly to the next part.
What is Quickbooks License Error after Clone?
QuickBooks License Error is an error that occurs after QuickBooks Cloning. QuickBooks is an application that helps to integrate numerous accounting processes of accounting. It allows you to do plenty of features including:
- Tax filing
- Managing bills
- Managing payroll, and
- Scheduling payments to small and medium businesses.
The software helps to manage and track the operations like handling all spreadsheets, and expense sheets, checking the bills, filing the taxes, maintaining the account sheet, etc. However, after cloning the data the software may get damaged or missing, which helps the user to easily access the data.
The Quickbooks License Error After Clone is also known as a license error and it is a very rare and complex error of all. The error takes place if the encrypted file consists of the product code and the license number. While facing this error all the products of QuickBooks might freeze. But you do not need to worry about it. We will discuss all possible solutions to help to resolve the issue. Just read the whole article till the end and follow the steps carefully.
Symptoms of QuickBooks License Error After Clone
There are lots of ways through which you can detect the issue. Get into the pointers below to know the different symptoms of the error.
- Any of the above errors would display on the screen.
- Syncing of the license properties gets failed.
- Sudden crash of the running window
- The computer is performing badly.
Tips and Tricks to Solve QuickBooks License Error after Clone
One of the ways to resolve the issue is to delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml, which got corrupted. If you delete the file you can also solve the following issues:
- The Company Window does not show any Edit list.
- QuickBooks re-configured the errors.
- The user might also face errors like “You must subscribe to the accountant’s copy file transfer service.”
- If you do not have a registered QuickBooks then that could make you unable to use Online Banking.
Causes of QuickBooks Licence Error After Clone
Before directly jumping into the solution, let’s understand why the error takes place in the first place and what are the main reasons for its trigger.
- Dat is a file that consists of information about license MSXML. It is a vital Microsoft component that assists in efficiently working in QuickBooks. The error might be occurring due to the damaged dat or MSXML file.
During the installation of the file, it holds the license information. The information is used to validate before the start of QuickBooks. QuickBooks will not be open if the QBregistration.dat file is corrupt or damaged.
MSXML is a Microsoft feature that allows the users to retrieve and recover the information/details of the QuickBooks in the Qbregistration.dat to start the software.
- You might not have updated your operating system.
- The.QBO file is probably not saved before importing.
- One reason could be that a third-party antivirus has blocked the QuickBooks software.
Now since you know all the triggers that cause QuickBooks License Error After Clone.
After cloning other than the license errors, QuickBooks registration might throw various errors. Below is a list of a few.
- Registration errors
- Error Code 3371
- Issues with online banking Error
- The error might disable the Sync Licensed Data
- Users are not able to open the company file.
Error 3371 Status Code 11118 Quickbooks could not Load the License Data-
The error occurs due to the damaged or missing data in QuickBooks which restricts the software to load the license data. During the process of cloning the license, data might get corrupted and hence users encounter the QuickBooks Error Code 3371.
While facing the issue you might get the following message:
“QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup. This may be due to an invalid software license. Insert the QuickBooks CD into your computers and then reinstall the software. If you encounter the problem again, contact Technical Support.”
“Error: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in a web browser window: www.quickbooks.com/support/register.html.”
Few Points to Consider Before Resolving the Error
Consider reading these instructions very carefully before starting the process of resolving QuickBooks license error after clone. Those are:
- Ensure that you have the product registration key with you so that you can verify the Support.
- You should create a backup of your company file before transferring the QuickBooks software from one computer to another.
- After completing the cloning try to run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Use the latest version of QuickBooks on both of your devices.
Resolve QuickBooks License Error After Clone
Now without further ado let’s explore the various methods of solving the QuickBooks License Error. Read the steps thoroughly if you are also facing any similar issues while using your QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Delete the Entitlement Data File
The Entitlement Data folder is named as EntitlementDataStore.ecml file that helps to save the registration information that is the encrypted product key and information of the license. If the Entitlement file is damaged or corrupted then the user would not be able to read the content in the folder and it will also create errors while transferring the data on a new device. You can resolve the error by deleting the Entitlement Data folder.
- Press the keys CTRL + ALT + DEL together on the keyboard to open Task Manager.
- Click right qbw32.exe under the Processes and then select End Task.
- Tap on the Yes button on the confirmation window.
- Press the keys Windows + R together on your keyboard.
- On the box, type “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6).”
- Tap on the OK option and then locate the ECML file.
- Select the file folder and then click on Delete.
- Hit the Yes to continue the process and exit the folder.
- Now try to re-register the product by opening QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Update Windows Operating System
Updating the Windows in the latest update while ensuring the user provides bug- free features in the Operating System. The update will also help them to resolve the damage to the supporting components like MSXML and .NET Framework. Follow the steps below to get the latest Windows updates.
- Tap on the Start button and on the search bar look for Windows Update.
- Choose the System Update from the list of programs.
- Tap on the Check for Updates.
- Choose the Install Updates option if any update is available.
- After completing the download restart your system. The process will install the update on the boot screen.
- After completing the installation of the WIndows try to run and register the QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Disable the Antivirus
Sometimes the third-party Antivirus also restricts the users from using the QuickBooks software. Try to disable the Antivirus temporarily.
- As all antivirus has a different user interfaces. Hence it would not be possible to list down every possible step, to begin with. It would be recommended to follow the process according to your installed antivirus.
- At the bottom right of the PC, the screen looks for a small arrow in the taskbar and clicks on it.
- Click right on the antivirus icon and select Disable Protection.
- Choose the time according to your preference.
- As the product is registered you can follow the same above process to enable antivirus protection.
- If you are not able to disable or enable the antivirus then contact customer support of the antivirus, hopefully, they will guide you through.
Solution 4: Resolve Using the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
Follow the steps below to resolve the QuickBooks license error after clone.
- The users of the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool should download the software and then save it to the local desktop.
- Make sure that all the programs should be closed, only the QBInstall Tool should run.
- The above process is a little time-consuming; do not leave the page or the window in the middle of the procedure.
- After that, you need to restart the computer to update the components.
- If you are using outdated Windows then the chances are QuickBooks will not work properly.
- The user must update a newer version of Windows and restart the system to complete the update of all the components.
- If you are not able to fix the components of Windows manually then consider taking help from some IT expert.
Solution 5: Reinstall the QuickBooks
There could be some issues during the installation of the software. To solve that the user needs to uninstall the QuickBooks and then reinstall it.
- Uninstall QuickBooks
- Press Windows + R to open the Run Window on your computer screen.
- Then type Control Panel in the Search Bar.
- Tap on ‘OK’ to continue the process.
- Choose the option Programs and Features.
- Click on the Uninstall a Program in the Control Panel if the app is customized in Category View.
- If the software appears in the list then the user must select QuickBooks and then Change/Uninstall it.
1. Rename the Installed Folders
The QuickBooks Tool can be downloaded and run simultaneously to rename the folders. Otherwise, users can also do it manually.
2. Removing Error while Renaming the Folders
Follow the steps below to rename the folders.
- Right-click the Window Task Bar and select Task Manager.
- The user must also choose the Image Name and sort the column in alphabetical order.
- Users must select the file QBDBMgr.exe, Qbw32.exe, and QBCFMonitorService.exe, and choose the option of “End Process.”
- If you are still getting a warning message even after following the above steps. Users might get a message like “WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability.” In that case, you must tap on the Yes button.
3. Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
Now you can reinstall the software QuickBooks Desktop which will help to solve the issue.
- Download the correct version of the QuickBooks file.
- Go to the Downloads and Updates folder and from there Download the Link to your preferred version of QuickBooks.
- Choose the Product and Version.
- Hit on the Download button.
- After the completion of the downloading process, click on the Yes to All option.
- Select the Next option.
- Tap on Agree to the Software license agreement.
- Type the Product and License Number.
- Select the type of installation which may vary for different PCs.
- Then choose the location by clicking on the Install Location or select NEXT to the default directory.
- Click on Open QuickBooks and try to activate it.
Solution 6: QuickBooks File Doctor in QuickBooks Too Hub
QuickBooks Tool hub is powerful software. It helps to get all the necessary QuickBooks tools which will help to resolve the issues of QuickBooks. Below are the steps to download the software.
- If you do not have the downloaded version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub software then you need to download the application first.
- Launch the Tool Hub by clicking on the icon.
- On the left pane of the Programs tab, look for the option Run File Doctor.
- Hit the button to continue.
- It will start the File Doctor. The software will then detect the issue and then try to resolve it.
Solution 7: Allow QuickBooks the Admin Rights
Your QuickBooks might be getting blocked by other third-party applications. To solve the problem change the Admin rights and assign them to QuickBooks. Follow the steps below to change the Admin Rights.
- Click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Select the Run as an Administrator option. Hit on the Yes button if any warning message.
The above are a few solutions that will help you to resolve the QuickBooks License File Error. If you are also facing a similar issue then consider reading the whole article very carefully. However, in some cases users could not still register QuickBooks then you can contact Customer Service. You can get the Helpline Number from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks. Hopefully, this article was informative to you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix a QuickBooks license error?
Answer- Follow these steps to fix the QuickBooks license error:
- Step 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Step 2: Close all QuickBooks tasks.
- Step 3: Restart MSXML
- Step 4: Verify your date and time settings.
Q2. How do I activate the license in QuickBooks?
Answer- Here is what you need to do to activate the license in QuickBooks:
- First, open QuickBooks then go to the Help option.
- After that choose Activate QuickBooks Desktop.
- Lastly, follow the steps to check your info.
Q3. How do I remove a license from QuickBooks Desktop?
- Go to the QuickBooks option and click on Manage My license.
- After that select Deauthorize this computer.
- As of the final step you will see a prompt simply tap on Deauthorize and Quit.
Q4. How do I sync my QuickBooks license to my desktop?
Answer- This is what you should do to sync your QBs license to your desktop:
- Go to the Help option then and choose Manage My License.
- Then click on Sync license data online and press OK.