Intuit, an American software development company has developed the most needed software, QuickBooks accounting software. All small, as well as medium-sized enterprises, are moving towards QuickBooks to maintain their accounting activity through it, because of its fruitful results. But sometimes users get caught in some serious troubles when QuickBooks stops working. This happens because of the errors that you might face while using QuickBooks.
In this post, we will explain one such error, QuickBooks Error 6210 which is very common and prevails when you are trying to open a company file. Here you will see reasons, symptoms, and troubleshooting methods to eliminate this error.
What is QuickBooks Error 6210?
QuickBooks Error Code 6210 generally prevails in multi-user mode. You can also see this error when you are working on your company file as your network setup is not right. A pop-up message will appear “A computer that is not the server is hosting the company file”. To know more about the error let’s look at the reasons behind it.
Reasons behind Quickbooks Error 6210
Before applying any of the solutions to resolve the Quickbooks error code -6210, 0, it’s better to explore the reasons behind the error that help you fix the error and better experience. Some of the major factors are explained below, check this out.
- The first cause could be a faulty Quickbooks installation
- This error occurs if the software downloaded is corrupted or if Quickbooks was downloaded from a third-party website.
- A damaged Windows Registry can cause the system to malfunction.
- When some of the QB company files are corrupt, the Quickbooks Error Code -6210, 0 may also appear
- Viruses and malware can also cause this error
- A Quickbooks error occurs if the application or files get accidentally deleted.
Symptoms of Quickbooks Error 6210
Symptoms indicate the impacts or effects of QuickBooks Error 6210 on the system. By acknowledging these signs you will identify the type of error your system is facing. Some of the visible signs are jotted down, read it out.
- The Quickbooks Error Code 6210, 0 arises an error message pop-up on the screen staging the name of the error.
- The system gets crashed running the same program on the window
- Windows runs slowly and sluggishly.
- It takes the computer a long time to respond to input devices such as the keyboard and mouse.
- The system freezes for a few seconds at regular intervals.
The above information related to QuickBooks error 6210 gives you ample knowledge to understand this error completely. The main reason behind the above information is to make you capable of understanding the methods easily that help you to resolve the error from your system.
Methods to Troubleshoot the Quickbooks Error 6210
Before we get the methods, keeping a backup of your file helps you in getting any data that you think you have lost. For backup,
- Hit on the File option and tap on Open or Restore Company.
- Choose “Restore a Backup Copy” and press Next.
- Then tap on Local Backup and browse your computer for a backup company file.
- At last, select the folder where you save your restored company file.
Now, let us get through the best methods to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6210:
Method 1: Use Clean Install Tool
Due to damaged or corrupted company files, you might encounter this error. So to get out of this error you should use the clean install tool.
- Install the QuickBooks tool hub if you don’t have one and then open it.
- Then navigate to Installation problems.
- Tap on the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool button.
- Lastly, a clean install tool will scan for all the errors and fix them automatically.
Method 2: Run “QuickBooks File Doctor Tool”
To eliminate any errors you can use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. This top-notch tool is effective at resolving all types of 6000 series QuickBooks errors. So, users must use this tool to fix all such errors, and here is how to use this tool below.
- Choose Company File Issues from the tool hub.
- Then Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Now, tap on your company file and select Check your file.
- Wait till the process finishes and enter your QuickBooks credentials.
Method 3: Change the Name of the.ND and . TLG Files
These both are configuration files that allow users to access company files in a multi-user environment. Renaming them can easily fix this 6000 series error. Here is how to do so.
- You need to open the folder that contains your company file.
- Now search for files with the same name as your company file but with.ND and .TLG extensions.
- At last, choose rename and write OLD at the end of each file name.
Method 4: Turn Off Virus and Threat Protection
Sometimes the antivirus installed on your system creates problems due to which you can’t use your QuickBooks software and helps in the existence of QuickBooks error 6210. To turn off antivirus, go through the steps below.
- First, hit on Start and choose Settings.
- Tap on Update & Security and click on Windows Security.
- Select Virus and Threat Protection and click Manage Settings.
- Finally, make Real-time Protection Off.
You can now easily resolve QuickBooks error code 6210 0. All the solutions enlisted with detailed steps ease the way the user eliminates the error. Moreover, we are 24X7 available for any further queries related to Quickbooks. Just ping us and we will be there for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What are the causes of QuickBooks Error 6210?
Causes of QuickBooks error 6210:
- Damage installation of QuickBooks desktop.
- Due to malware or virus attacks on the system.
- Corrupted Windows registry file.
Q2. How do I fix a QuickBooks error code?
Do follow these simple steps to fix the QuickBooks error code:
- Turn off your QuickBooks and download QBs Tool Hub.
- Then open the file to download and follow on-screen instructions.
- Once installation finishes, open the tool hub on the Windows desktop.
- After that choose Program Problems and tap on Quick Fix my Program.
Q3. How do I fix unrecoverable errors in the QuickBooks desktop?
Methods to fix unrecoverable errors in the QuickBooks desktop:
- Paste your file to your Desktop.
- Make a Sample company file.
- Stop QuickBooks Desktop.
- Determine the number of users affected.
Q4. What are QuickBooks ND and TLG files?
ND and TLG files are part of QuickBooks. These files allow QuickBooks to access a company file in a multi-user environment.
Q5. How to use QuickBooks File Doctor?
By following the below instruction you can use QuickBooks File Doctor:
- From QuickBooks tool hub choose the Company File Issues option.
- Then Run QuickBooks File Doctor and select the company file.
- After that click on Continue and enter your QuickBooks credentials.