The financial software QuickBooks may have achieved tremendous popularity all over the globe for having efficient features, but users often face technical errors at times. Even though most of these troublesome errors can be easily fixed, few of them need expert guidance. One such error is the QuickBooks Error 6210 which mainly occurs when you are performing tasks in the multi-user mode. This nagging error not only affects your work but also crashes your system completely.
This informative post will explain the fixation methods to repair this error in no time. Let’s learn about the error in a better way to know the factors that cause this error and symptoms to identify its impacts. But first thing always first, let’s know What exactly Quickbooks error 6210.
What is Quickbooks Error 6210? All Explained
Even though we have already explained a few important facts about Quickbooks Error Code 6210 0, it is equally important to understand this error in-depth, as it assists in getting rid of this nagging error with ease.
QuickBooks error 6210 appears when working with the multi-user mode, and it comes abruptly on your screen, obstructing the user from performing any of the tasks. You can stumble upon this error when there is a corrupt download process of the QBs software. This error takes place in the operating systems of Windows 7, Windows 10, MS Windows 8, Windows 2000, Windows ME, MS Windows XP, Windows Vista.
When this error occurs, your screen shows the following error message:
“We’re Sorry. Quickbooks encountered a problem when opening the company file. Review this helpful article on the Quickbooks support site to resolve the issue. Error codes: (-6210, 0)”
“A computer that is not the server is hosting the company file”
Now, let’s move to know how you can identify this error.
Symptoms to Identify the QuickBooks Error -6210
Sometimes users confuse Quickbooks Error Code -6210, 0 with some other issues as they can’t identify the problem properly. To help you with this confusion we have listed the symptoms that occur in your system after getting this error.
- This error is encountered when an active program gets crashed
- Also, while running a similar program, your system can crash.
- You can recognize the QuickBooks error 6210 when the windows run poorly and consume time to respond to the commands by the keyboard and mouse.
- Your system starts freezing at regular intervals.
If you witness these signs then prepare yourself to fix Quickbooks error -6210, 0.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 6210
It is equally important to learn the causes behind this error so that you could avoid this error from its root in the future. After learning the causes, you understand what mistake gave birth to Quickbooks Error 6210.
- The QuickBooks software is installed improperly
- You have accidentally downloaded Quickbooks from a third-party website.
- Windows Registry is corrupt.
- Some of the company-related files are corrupt or damaged.
- The error can also occur if the system is infected by any virus.
- Some applications or files got removed unintentionally.
Now that you know the error, its symptoms, and its causes, let’s learn the best ways to fix it. But before that, there are few pointers that you have to remember.
- You must check if the hosting is “ON”, by pushing the “F2” key and look for the local server details. After that, you should make sure to turn the hosting “OFF.”
- Also, you have to rename the files having.ND and.TLG, then reach out to the QuickBooks Tools Hub and run the Database Server Manager.
Proven Solutions to Fix Quickbooks Error 6210
The solutions to fix this troublesome error are super easy to understand. The only thing to remember is that you need to apply the methods in order to get the desired outcome.
Solution 1: Run Quickbooks File Doctor
This is a miraculous tool that can single-handedly fix numerous Quickbooks errors. Read the steps to run the tool:
- First, of all, reach out to the Intuit site, from there download the Quickbooks File doctor. In case you have Quickbooks Tool hub installed already then you can download the tool from there as well.
- After the downloading procedure, save the file to an accessible location.
- Now, you need to run the file on the “Qbfd.exe” to install the tool.
- After the installation, the tool will open automatically, or, you can search the doctor file by typing the name in the search field and then tapping on the QBs File doctor icon from the results.
- Inside the tool, use the browser to look for the company File that requires the diagnosis and choose it.
- After that, reach out to the option of “Show Advanced Setting” and choose the correct option to fix the Quickbooks Error 6210.
- Tap on the “Check file Damage only” inside the Advanced Setting.
- After that, fill in the admin credentials. This step will initiate the scanning process and identify errors in the system.
- The scanning process will consume some time, after its completion, just open the Quickbooks company file and see if the error is still present or not.
Solution 2: Renaming .ND and .TLG Files ( In Single User Mode)
You can rename the .ND and .TLG files to fix QuickBooks error 6210. The process is:
- First of all, shift the folder to QBs installation directory and then open it.
- Now, you have to locate the network data (.ND) and a transaction log file (.TLG).
- After that, right tap on the .ND file and select “Rename.”
- The following step is to add .OLD at the extensions’ end.
- Now, you have to perform a similar procedure for the .TLG file and then “Rename” it.
- After doing that, “Create a new folder” and then shift the QBs files to that location.
- In the end, you have to open QBs and company files in the freshly created folder.
Solution 3: Running QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
The corrupt QuickBooks software can cause QuickBooks Error 6210 and this is when you should use the Clean Install Tool to fix the issue.
- Before applying this resolving process, make sure to take a backup of the data to prevent any kind of data loss.
- After that, download QBs Clean Install Tool
- Now, reach out to the downloads option and tap twice on the downloaded file.
- Then, Agree with the license agreement and choose the QBs version then tap on “OK.”
- Now, utilize the Clean Install to reinstall QBs and resolve the error.
Solution 4: Updating QuickBooks Desktop
Another solution that you can go for is to update the QBs desktop. The steps are:
- First of all, you have to access the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then reach out to the “Help” and then tap on the option of “Update QuickBooks Desktop.”
- Followed by, tapping on “Update now” on the top corner.
- Now, tap on “Reset updates” and after that on “Get updates.”
- In the end, close QuickBooks once you complete the update.
Solution 5: Close all QuickBooks Processes
This is an effective method to fix Quickbooks error 6210. The steps involved are:
- Firstly, “Login as an Admin” on the server system.
- Then hold “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” in order to access the task manager.
- Now, tap on “Users” and then select “Show Processes.”
- Moving ahead, highlight the following QBs processes (qbupdate.exe, QBW32.EXE, QBDBMgr.exe), then select “End Task.”
- In the end, open the “Company File” via multi-user mode
Now, you have to check if the error is still bothering you or not. If yes, then follow to the next latest fixation method.
Solution 6: Locally Open Your Company File
- First of all, open the folder containing the company file
- Then look for the file having .QBW file extension.
- The following step is to make a right-tap on the “File” and select “Copy.”
- Now, reach out to the desktop, then right-tap the desktop and select “Paste.”
- After that, hold “Control” and open Quickbooks, which will take you to the window of “No Company Open.”
- To conclude the process, you have to select “Open or restore an existing company” then look for your copied company file and then open it to confirm if the error is successfully repaired.
Solution 7: Running QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- First of all, download QuickBooks Tools Hub from Intuit’s site.
- Now, hold Ctrl+J to visit the downloads.
- The following step is to tap on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe inside the downloads list.
- After that, tap on “Yes” and then on “Allow this app to make changes.”
- Then, tap on “Next” for installing the tool and hit on “Yes” to accept the license agreement.
- Now, you need to tap on “Finish.”
- Open the QBs tools hub.
- Finally, tap on QBs database server manager which is available under the “Network Issues” option.
Scanning the Location of the Company File
- Reach out to the “Scan Folders”.
- And then tap on “Browse” and choose the folder having your company file.
- The following step is to tap on the “OK” first and then on “Start Scan.” (If you can’t find the company file, browse the file’s location and then tap on “Start scan”).
- Reboot your system after that and open the company file to check the error.
Solution 8: Turn off Anti-virus as well as Anti-Malware Software
According to many users and technical experts as well, sometimes the third-party security application can lead to some unexpected QuickBooks Desktop errors and thus obstruct its functioning. In fact, they also pose a threat to your crucial company files and you might fail to get access to your financial data. so, you must check the Virus Vault to identify the quarantined files and then delete them.
You can simply change the settings of the antivirus and disable the application. Since there are hundreds of anti-virus software, it is tough for us to explain the steps to disable each of them. Hence, we recommend you to visit the official website of the anti-malware installed in your system and look for a setting guide.
By now, you must have easily resolved Quickbooks error 6210.
You can perform any of the above steps to fix Quickbooks Error 6210 on your own. Not only this, once you go through this post, then you will be able to prevent this error from occurring in your system in the future as well.
If you have more doubts or facing trouble while performing any solution, then you can always communicate with Quickbooks Customer Support for further guidance. The trained experts are available 24×7 for you to resolve your queries.
With this, we finally conclude our informative post here. But you can remain in touch with us by sharing your experience in dealing with errors and tips to help other readers.