Updating your software and its components helps in improving productivity. The user receives some extra exciting features that take lesser time than the prior version. However, the user witnesses some errors while updating QuickBooks. We are going to discuss one such issue known as QuickBooks error 12029.
Well, QuickBooks downloads and installs some external files while carrying out the updates. These files, later on, are verified by the Windows OS. If somehow any glitch within the files is found then they take shape into an update issue. QuickBooks error 12029 is one of that kind.
It appears when the user downloads the update for QuickBooks payroll. If you are struggling with the issue then must read the full post. Here, we will try to help you out through top troubleshooting solutions. Therefore, just move into the post and learn about this issue.
What is QuickBooks Update Error 12029
Experts articulate that QuickBooks error 12029 is related to network timeout. That means QuickBooks has not received the IP address. Also, servers use a weak connection to communicate which leads slowly revert to QuickBooks by the backend servers.
Updating the procedure requires a strong connection. So, if there is any kind of issue within then it may take the shape of this error. It is an agitated issue as the users could not easily conduct the task. You must learn about all the triggers and factors responsible for the issue. These will help you in conducting the appropriate solutions.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 12029
Well, the issue appears through external and internal causes.
- Internet explorer is not being used as a default browser
- SSL settings are not correct
- Expired Internet plans
- Firewall and security programs create issues
- QuickBooks is having connection issues
- Blocked server
- Timeout while updating QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks fails to connect to the Internet.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix Quickbooks Update Error 12029
Given below are some of the most appropriate methods that will surely help you in resolving this issue. So, let’s get started.
Solution 1: Check Connectivity and Settings
- First of all, close the QB software.
- Access the Microsoft Internet Explorer now.
- Navigate towards the Tools button.
- Also, hit the Alt key.
- Access the Internet button and try to locate the Security option.
- Now, tap on the Globe icon.
- Try to set the Security level to medium-high.
- Once done, search for the Connection option.
- Choose Never dial a connection if you are not using the dial-up node
- Otherwise, pick the Correct internet service provider if you use it.
- Hit OK.
- Move your cursor towards the LAN settings.
- Try to spot the automatically detect settings button.
- Once done, just find out the Proxy server checkbox and click on that.
- Then, hit OK.
- Visit the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Restore Advanced Settings button.
- You need to choose TLS 1.2 now.
- Also, choose OK.
- Just close the Internet Explorer now.
- Later, reboot your system.
- Make sure that you download and run the utility for TLS 1.2.
- Just check if Internet Explorer is working as the default browser or not.
Solution 2: Configure SSL Setting
- The user has to first click on the Start Button and go to the Help Menu
- Now select the Internet Connection Setting
- After that, the user has to make sure the Quickbooks uses the internet connection of the system, click on the Next button, and then select the Advance Connection setting option.
- Now the user has to check the internet properties and then click on the Advanced tab
- Checkmark on the Use SSL 2.0
- Checkmark on the Use SSL 3.0
- After that, select the connect opinion and then hit on the Ok button
- Now, the user has to close the Quickbooks and restart it again
- Go to the help icon and then select the update now option to update the Quickbooks
Steps to Configure SSL settings in Internet Explorer outside of the Quickbooks:
- First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser.
- Now go to the Tools and select the Internet Option
- After that, the user has to tap on the Advanced Tab
- Go to SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 and marked the check box beside both options.
- Finally, the user has to click on the Apply option and then hit the Ok button to close the current Window.
Now the user has to check whether the Quickbooks still has the error or not. If the Quickbooks error 12029 updating still interfere with the update procedure then try out the next solution
Solution 3: Run the System As Administrator
- To initiate, click on the Start button from the bottom left of the Display screen.
- Now go to the search field and type Command in it.
- When Command prompt option visible on the screen, right-click on it and choose the option Run as Administrator.
- After that, the user has to return to the start button and go to the All Program option and then choose the Accessories option.
- Inside the Accessories, select the System tool and then go to the System Restore option.
- Now, after the above step, the user has to choose the Restore My Computer to an Earlier Time option and then hit on the Next button.
- After that, a list will open up on the screen choose the System Restore point option and then click on the Next button.
- Through these steps, a confirmation window will pop-up on the screen click on the Next button there.
- Finally, the user to open the Quickbooks and verify the Quickbooks update error 12029 is resolved or no.
If the error still misbehaving with the updating process then the user has recommended trying the next method to resolve it.
Solution 4: Update the Internet Explorer
If you are a QuickBooks user then it’s important to update the Internet Explorer on your system, because Quickbooks generally uses Internet Explorer to function. Follow these steps to update Internet Explorer
- Go to the Browser and click on the Tools option
- Inside the Tools, choose the Internet option
- After that, go to the Security tab, and click on the Globe Icon there to set Medium-high for the security setting.
- Now the user has to click on the content button to disable content advisor.
- After the above steps, choose the connection tab and select the Never Dial a Connection option.
- Now that you complete the above instruction, go to the LAN setting and checkmark the box beside the automatically detect setting option.
- If Port 80 shown in the port section, make sure to check the proxy checked
- Now, click Ok on the LAN setting screen
- After that go to the Advanced Tab and check the boxes beside the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 option
- At last, just click on the Ok button and close the internet option window
- After that, the user has to restart the Computer and Quickbooks.
- Now, update Quickbooks to check whether the Quickbooks payroll update error 12029 persists or not.
Solution 5: Examine Security Settings (Antivirus and Firewall
- To initiate, visit the official site of Intuit
- Then, try to download QuickBooks file doctor from there.
- Make sure to save the tool on your system.
- Once done, just run this doctor tool.
- Now, the tool will configure the firewall ports on its own.
- In the end, just examine whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Solution 6: Update QB Security Certificate
- Open the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Thereafter, choose Properties.
- Go towards the shortcut button and hit the Open File location.
- Choose OK.
- Consequently, go through the list carefully and hit QuickBooks.
- Also, try to locate the Details option under the Digital signature button.
- Make sure to choose the View Certificate button.
- Go to the General button to choose Install Certificate.
- Try to set the current user as the store location.
- Later, choose Next.
- Again, click Next and Finish.
- Put an end to the entire task by hitting OK.
Solution 7: Re-Configure QuickBooks Payroll
- Remove the wireless router from the Internet switch.
- Just wait for around 10 seconds.
- After that, turn on the wireless router.
- Try to examine the Internet latency.
- Further, open QuickBooks and QB files.
- Hit Ctrl and K buttons from the keyboard.
- Tap the Edit button.
- Remove the checkmark from the Open Payroll setup.
Solution 8: Open Windows in Safe Mode
If the QuickBooks update error 12029 has not been fixed yet then open Windows in safe mode with the help of these steps.
- Click on Windows + I buttons together.
- Navigate towards the Update and Security page.
- Then, choose the Recovery button.
- Also, move towards the Advanced setup.
- Go through the prompts that appear on your computer screen.
- Just try to reboot your system now.
- While restarting, an option to enable the safe mode will networking will appear on the device.
- Just verify if you still face issues or not.
Solution 9: Authenticate Internet Connectivity
- The first and foremost step for you to do is to access Internet explorer.
- Also, open the sites like www.google.com
- If you find no issues while accessing the website then move towards the steps below.
- Try to examine the Internet connection first.
- Thereafter, verify if the data and time of the system are correct or not.
- Just access the Internet explorer.
- Choose Tools from the top.
- Then, pick Internet options
- Move under the Advanced tab.
- Hit another tab titled Reset/Restore defaults
- Subsequently, choose Apply and OK.
- Finally, just update the QuickBooks desktop for payroll and verify if the error persists or not.
So, these are all the impressive solutions that will help you in eradicating the error issue. We hope that you have now resolved all your queries regarding QuickBooks error 12029. Make sure to check out other articles as well. They will help you in developing a better understanding of QuickBooks. Also, you would diminish the future probability of any QuickBooks issue.