Accounting is no longer a subject that is complex and compound in the management of businesses. This has only been possible due to the existence of the Quickbooks Desktop software. Small to medium-scale businesses can perform all the accounting and management tasks very easily & efficiently. It is the breakout software when it comes to management accounting. Even though it has all the advanced features, there are still many different errors and issues present in the software. One such error is the Quickbooks Error 6123, 0. This error pops up on the screen with an error message saying the Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost.
Error -6123, 0
We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.
So, this error basically happens in the multi-user mode. Generally, you can easily repair this error by following the guidelines coming on the screen. In other situations, it can cause complete havoc. You will surely be in need of someone to assist you all through it.
That someone is QBToolHub.com – we will explicitly talk about all possible resolutions to QuickBooks error code 6123. Further, we will understand why this error occurs and how to prevent it. So, without further ado, let’s begin.
QuickBooks Error 6123 0: Reasons For Occurrence
There can be many reasons for the prevalence of Error 6123 0 Quickbooks. You just need to keep them in mind to prevent them from occurring in the near future. Read the list below.
- In case the main computer has some corrupted file.
- Your firewall configuration & settings might block the functioning of Quickbooks software.
- There is a slight possibility that you have damaged Quickbooks for Windows files.
- Presence of corrupted Quickbooks data.
- Multiple Quickbooks database servers are running on your computer.
- Another chance of existence is that the exact same company file is launched in the newer version of Quickbooks.
- There could also be some problems with your Windows OS.
Well, we got to know the causes behind this 6123 error. So, it is time for us to clear it out of our system. Let us go to the methods and solutions now.
Solutions for Fixing the QuickBooks Error -6123, 0
There are different solutions to this error. We have brought together the most effective ones. You just need to follow each and every method step by step till you get the right solution. Also, never forget to create a backup of your important data files before performing these solutions. This will cut down the chance of serious data loss.
Solution 1: Quickbooks File Doctor Use
Quickbooks file doctor is quite an astonishing tool. It has the self-resolving power to most of the Quickbooks-related issues and errors. You just need to select the specific company file in which you are facing the issues. This powerful tool will self-detect the errors and diagnose them. Let us now see step-wise how to operate it.
- Firstly, access the Quickbooks tool hub software.
- Now you need to tap on the tab of Company file issues.
- Here you will have a green-colored button namely Run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Tap on it. Now you will have to select the company file with issues.
- Sit back and chill out. The file doctor tool will self-conduct a scan and detect all the ongoing issues. Afterward, it will auto-repair all the identified issues all by itself.
Check if the error still prevails. If it does, follow the next solution.
Solution 2: QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool Use
This tool will only assist you in correcting the connection issues present on your main host server computer. Just follow these directions to carry out this solution.
- The first step is to visit the Intuit website and download the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool.
- Moving on, install the tool by simply going with the instructional window.
- Launch the tool and you will have an interface displayed like this.
- Under the section Test Connectivity, you need to choose the option to Browse in front of the company files bar.
- Select the specific company file in which you had the Quickbooks 2016 error -6123.
- Use the button of Test connectivity.
- The tool will self-resolve any ongoing issue associated with connectivity.
Solution 3: Repairing the Damaged File
If still, the errors are present in the system, then try out this solution and hope it will resolve your errors.
- For this, look out for the company file with the .nd extension.
- Do a right-click on the file and rename it to .ndold.
- Now, open the software Quickbooks desktop.
- Navigate to the File option within the menu.
- Choose the tab Utilities.
- Go to the option to Stop hosting multi-user access.
- Again, navigate to file and select to switch to the multi-user mode. This will reset all the data and diagnose your error.
Solution 4: Open the Company File From A Different Location
To troubleshoot this problem, you need to move the company file to a different directory location and it will assist you to verify if there is an issue in the path or not.
- Reach out to the location where the company file is stored.
- After this, look out for the .QBW extension in the list.
- Copy the file.
- Create a new folder there and paste the company file in there.
- Now try opening the QuickBooks software from the new location and check for the prevalence of the error.
Solution 5: Check for the Antivirus Interruption
QuickBooks error 6123 can also arise because of some interruption and hindrance by the third-party antivirus McAfee. The antivirus restricts access to the QBs company file. To correct the issue, you will have to disable the antivirus. Since there is a lot of antivirus software present out there, it is not humanly possible to prepare every step for each one of them. So, we recommend you uninstall the antivirus programs from your system. This will surely help you in QuickBooks Error 6123 resolve.
Solution 6: Auto Data Recovery Use
The corrupted data or damaged files of the QuickBooks company file can be restored via the Auto Data Recovery QuickBooks feature. The user needs to create a backup file ( .ADR folder) and then check if he is still stuck with the issue or not. Keep these points in mind before carrying out the Auto Data Recovery.
- You should have the Auto Data Recovery tool installed on your device.
- The system must operate with the latest released version of QuickBooks.
- The backup limit of the Auto Data Recovery tool is 1.5GB.
This article includes all the detailed concepts associated with the Quickbooks error -6123, 0. We hope you have been all through the solutions to fix this error and can easily apply it in your system. Take your few minutes and quickly resolve all such QBs errors in one go. We are optimistic that our content has been of utmost significance to you and you will surely admire our efforts. It will now be a cakewalk for you to troubleshoot these issues and let us shake hands one last time. Hope to see you again in the coming future as we are happy to help you again in your difficult times.