Accounting and bookkeeping have evolved significantly from conventional methods in the new world. The documentation is no longer required, and sophisticated computer accounting applications have taken their place. With the rapid advancement of technologies and the sheer volume of jobs, using such an application is the easiest way to minimize manual labor and speed up company processes. QuickBooks is a top-tier financial accounting program. Intuit Inc. developed and designed this technologically advanced accounting and bookkeeping software suite. Unfortunately, despite the fact that this cutting-edge program is reasonably priced, it still suffers from ‘QuickBooks Errors,’ which obligates the QB operations that are needed for an enterprise or business house. Intuit Inc. launched the QuickBooks File Doctor tool at this stage.
Quickbooks File Doctor was created specifically to protect the QuickBooks data file(s) from harm and corruption. It can also aid users in manually resolving network problems.QuickBooks Doctor File is a useful and resourceful application that can be used to repair any errors that could occur in this accounting management program. You can also use the QuickBooks recovery service if your company files are lost, broken, or deleted. It quickly detects and corrects these problems.
With the help of this post, you will be able to understand every part of the QuickBooks File Doctor (QFD) Tool. Without further ado, let us get started.
What Exactly is QuickBooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks File Doctor is software that combines two connection diagnostic methods. Previously, intuit has two competing programs to address diverse problems. The first was the QuickBooks connection file diagnostic tool (QCFD), and the second was the QuickBooks network connection diagnostic tool (QCCD) (QNCD).
QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor utility (QBFD) is a built-in tool in QuickBooks 2016 and later versions. This file doctor tool is mostly used to identify and resolve QuickBooks errors in your company file over the network. You should use this method if you suspect that your data has been corrupted or if you are receiving -6000 series errors that block you from accessing your company file.
Here are some plausible details that could result in QuickBooks Data Corruption/Damage:
- When the QuickBooks Database file measurements exceed the maximum of 200 MB for 450 MB, QuickBooks Pro, and QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Lack of Specification, as well as a scarcity of tools RAM, Network Interface, Virtual Memory, Network Cables, Routers, and so forth.
- This problem may be caused by an incorrect QuickBooks shutdown.
- If you do not have a proper UPS, an abrupt power fluctuation or fall will cause damage to the entire disk.
- As a result of the destructive assault of this malware or virus on the hard drive containing the QB database.
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Types
- QuickBooks file doctor standalone: A standalone version of QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Built-in version: QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later have a built-in file doctor.
A Vital Reminder
- The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool (QBFD) is only compatible with QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. It is incompatible with QuickBooks for Mac.
- You may see a prompt on your computer that shows QuickBooks 2015 and later QuickBooks versions. Please use the built-in (internal) version of QB File Doctor.
- In Windows systems, use the Admin login to control Network diagnosis and repair settings.
- To access the Multi-user repair and diagnosis settings, the user must first ensure that QuickBooks Hosting is turned on.
When Do You Use the File Doctor Tool?
- QuickBooks File Doctor has been added to tackle errors and technological problems.
- It is an easy and powerful program that detects and restores a wide range of files, as well as repairs data corruption.
- This app is also used to troubleshoot network diagnostics, Windows issues, and a variety of other issues.
- This platform assists users in identifying all broken files and immediately repairing them.
- QB File Doctor is said to be the most user-friendly way to troubleshoot and repair errors.
How Does the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Assist You?
- If you have forgotten any of the company’s valuable information or employee records, the QuickBooks file doctor app can assist you in quickly retrieving the company files.
- If you are unable to access company files and are experiencing QuickBooks Error 6000 sequence errors such as 6146, 6150, and 6130, this app will resolve both issues.
- When dealing with network problems, specifically accessing the multi-user configuration problem (H101, H202, H303, or H505), this method can be quite useful.
- If your file is seriously compromised and you are unable to access it, QuickBooks File Doctor will help.
Download and Install QuickBooks File Doctor
The Quickbooks file doctor download can be completed by following the simple steps outlined below.
- To begin, close all QuickBooks-related programs that are running in the background.
- After that, go to the QuickBooks main website and look for QBFD.
- Now, download Quickbooks File Doctor.
- You would have a downloaded.exe file in your directory after a full update.
- When you run the.exe file, you will see an install setup window appear on your desktop.
- If you choose Yes, the installation process will begin.
- You can now see a few on-screen instructions; obey them and agree with the terms and conditions to complete the installation process.
- Finally, press the Finish button.
How Can I Use QuickBooks File Doctor (Stand Alone Version)?
- QB File Doctor can launch immediately after a successful download and installation. If File Doctor does not appear, go to the green icon in the “Task Bar” windows.
- Look for the requested QB company file in the drop-down list. If you don’t see the QB company file list, click the “browse” button and follow the on-screen directions.
- Choose one of the following options: – QB file damage as well as network connectivity: If you see some harm in the QB company register, or if you get 6xxx sequence errors like -6150, -6000 -305, -6000 -82, etc.
- If you are using QuickBooks in a multi-user environment and get error code H202, H303, or H505 while trying to access a QB Company file in a multi-user environment.
- If prompted, enter the QB Company file Admin password and then click the “Next” button.
- Upon redirected, choose the ‘Host/Server’ or ‘Computer’ option.
- Make sure you choose the correct choice.
- When told to exchange the company register, choose one of the following alternatives: –
- Yes: This choice is presumed to be selected if File Doctor is running on the device hosting the QB Company file.
- No: This alternative should be selected if File Doctor is not installed on the server hosting the QB Company file.
- Finally, wait for QuickBooks File Doctor to complete the diagnostics.
- After the QuickBooks diagnostic and repair operation is completed, close the QuickBooks File Doctor.
Important Information About the In-Built Version
- The built-in version is mostly used for the QuickBooks software in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
- The Quickbooks company file diagnostic tool is also used for network analysis and maintenance, and the QuickBooks app must be installed on the device that is running the internal file doctor tool.
- It is also used to restore data and files. It makes no difference whether or not QuickBooks is mounted on your machine in this situation.
- It runs on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Server 2003-2012.
- If the.NET module 2.0 is not present in the device, the QBFD tool will self-install it using the QBs Diagnostic tool.
How to Use the Built-In QBFD Version
To begin, launch QuickBooks but do not pick the specified company file.
- Navigate to the File menu.
- Pick the Utility option from the File menu tab.
- After that, choose Repair File and Network Problems to run Quickbooks doctor.
- You can now look for the problematic company file and click Open.
- Select the form of a problem to be solved under the Show Advance Settings option and then press Next.
- Fill in the Administrator ID and password for the mentioned QBs company file and press the Next button.
- The company file is now primed for restoration, and you just need to wait a few moments.
The Occurrence of Additional Possibilities (Built-In Version)
After accessing the company file, you will be presented with three options and results. All of these options are briefly listed below.
The Problem Was Not Identified
The first possibility is that the Quickbooks file repair was unable to detect some kind of error or problem in QuickBooks. If this result is shown, login to the company file and select the Auto data recovery set up to fill the list of transactions from the most recent backup.
The Problem Was Identified and Resolved
The best solution for any problem could be self-detection and automatic error correction. This is the second outcome option that can be seen, and you do not need to do anything other than browsing the company file from the option Open new company.
The Problem Was Identified, But It Was Not Resolved
The third result option also necessitates the use of Auto Data Recovery Setup from the QBs company register, during which you must manually fill in the transactions from the most recent backup.
QuickBooks Doctor Tool: Flaws in Quickbooks File Doctor
- The QuickBooks Company file must be smaller than 2GB in size.
- The need and limitations of internet access for uploading the company paper.
- To use QBFD, you must be logged in as an Administrator.
- The choice network diagnostic and Quickbooks file repair are not available.
- The Network Connectivity diagnostic and repair option does not work properly when there are several versions of QuickBooks applications in a device.
- Database Server Manager, if installed, does not allow the option Network Connectivity diagnostic and repair to function properly in your computer device.
Quickbooks File Doctor Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How much does QBFD cost?
Ans. The QuickBooks Doctor Repair Tool is available for free to all users worldwide. You just need to download it from QuickBooksIntuit’s official website.
Q2. What types of errors can QBFD correct?
Ans. The QuickBooks File Doctor tool will fix Error H202, Error Code, 6000 305, QBs Error 6150, QuickBooks Not Responding, among other issues. It also resolves problems caused by broken, garbage, or deleted data. It also immediately corrects the company’s client list’s blank and incomplete entries.
Q3. What can be accomplished by using the QuickBooks Doctor file tool?
Ans. QBs File Doctor is described as a troubleshooting tool that aids in the resolution of network issues, connection errors, Windows-related issues, data corruption, diagnostic errors, upgrade errors, and so on. It first senses all bugs and errors and then troubleshoots them with a few clicks.
Q4. What is the distinction between the built-in doctor method and the standalone version of QFD?
Ans. The built-in version of QBs Doctor Tool has some minimal specifications and is only available in Quickbooks 2016 Desktop and later published updates. This standalone version is mostly used for hosting servers, connectivity, and network-related issues, but it is only accessible if the QBs Database Server Manager is enabled (DBSM).