QuickBooks is one of the most well-known accounting software packages in the market. This is why QuickBooks introduces new updates on a regular basis. This assists QuickBooks in remaining at the top of the game. But sometimes you see that it started showing errors in your QuickBooks data file. So, to solve this error we have QuickBooks File Repair Tool.
Today in this post we are going to tell you the ways how to spot corruption in the file, its causes, and how to repair QuickBooks company files.
How Do You Spot Corruption in a QuickBooks Company File?
Before you can consider how to patch the corruption, you must first determine if the file is infected in the first place. These are symptoms of broken or infected data.
- You found some Errors stating QuickBooks is unable to continue in the Verify Data section of the screen when you open the Qbwin.log file due to a data error.
- QuickBooks unexpectedly closes as you are attempting to save or uninstall a transaction.
- Reports were produced incorrectly. In the Balance Sheets, for example, the net assets do not match the total liabilities and equity.
- The receipts and entries are omitted from the lists, as you have discovered.
- QuickBooks may have added an asterisk (*) when the original accounts were incomplete.
- The QuickBooks Desktop is sluggish.
- Paying bills and invoices are showing up as outstanding.
- Your Transaction History seems to have a pessimistic balance.
- You see an HTML code when you open the Send Feedback Online and the error Report window.
What Triggers QuickBooks Data corruption?
QuickBooks data corruption can occur for a variety of causes. Let’s take a closer look at what they are.
- This will happen if the QuickBooks database file size exceeds the legal limit of 200 MB (for QuickBooks Pro) or 450 MB (for QuickBooks Enterprise).
- Since your computer lacks resources such as RAM, Virtual Memory, network interface cards, routers, and network cables.
- An unexpected power outage resulted in an inappropriate shutdown of your system.
- Your system may be under threat from a virus or malware.
- The hard disk on which the archive is held has been compromised.
Check out, QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostic Failed
How to Repair a Corrupt QuickBooks Company File?
These are the solutions you must employ in order to restore the files. Try them out one at a time to repair QuickBooks files that won’t open.
Solution 1: Make Use of QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor is a tool that helps in solving almost all issues related to network or company files. After using it the result that you will get will be in your favor. Just look at the instructions given below:
- Hit on Company File Issues and Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- You need to wait for a few seconds till it finishes.
- Then open your company file in QBs file doctor and Check your file.
- Lastly, write your QBs admin password and press Next.
Solution 2: Verify Rebuild Data Utility
Rebuild data helps to fix minor company file data issues. So, you don’t need to waste your time searching for the method. Just use rebuild data to get out of this. Follow these steps:
- Select File then choose Utilities and tap on Verify Data.
- In case you got a message stating Your data has lost integrity then there is damage in the file.
- Now, select Rebuild Data and use Verify Data utility to see if any errors exist or not.
Solution 3: Merge Corrupted Items and Accounts
Once you merge the corrupted items and accounts then you will be able to differentiate. But before doing this keep a backup in case you want to undo any item. This is how you can merge:
- After opening QuickBooks, choose COA from the List option.
- Then Hold Ctrl and select an account that is corrupted.
- Tap on Edit Account and use the * symbol.
- Now click on Cancel and make a New Account.
- Choose the type of account and enter the name of that account that is corrupted.
- After that press OK once you selected the damaged account,
- Lastly, a pop-up will appear just click Yes.
Solution 4: Update Windows to the Latest Version
Try to update your Windows so that your system works smoothly and you will not face such issues. You can easily carry out QuickBooks file repair by updating your Windows. For that look at the procedure below:
- Go to Start and choose Settings.
- Now, tap on Update and Security and select Windows Update.
- At last, Check for updates and install them if any.
Read about: QuickBooks POS Software
This is an in-depth look at QuickBooks file repair software. We hope that after reading our message, you were able to resolve the issue. Check out our other posts on our website to gain a comprehensive understanding of QuickBooks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can QuickBooks files get corrupted?
Yes, QuickBooks files can get corrupted because of hardware or software, system breakdown, or due to large file size.
Q2. How long should the QuickBooks file Doctor take to repair the company file?
In most cases, it just takes 5 Minutes to repair a company file. Once done you can open it and check if the repair is done.
Q3. Why do my QuickBooks keep aborting?
This happens when a user is facing an issue accessing company files. When it arises you are not able to change anything.