QuickBooks Error 6000 77 occurs when the user tries to open QuickBooks software. Also, the issue is known to be a company file issue. That means you can resolve it with the QuickBooks file doctor. However, if you don’t know how to use the tool then we will tell you in the troubleshooting section.
The guide contains not only the possible solutions for this issue but also the causes and symptoms as well. You will get rid of the issue once you have reached the end. So, let’s move in together in this post and explore various things associated with the issue. It would be best if you first know about the error through its definition, causes, and symptoms. Therefore, move in toward the next section.
What is Quickbooks Error 6000 77?
|Error Message||We’re sorry, QuickBooks encountered a problem|
|Error Code||6000, 77|
|Error Name||Company file Issue|
|Error Cause||The file is stored in the wrong path|
|Error Solution||Run QuickBooks File Doctor|
The error generally comes when the file is placed in the wrong folder. Also, if you don’t have the essential admin credentials to run the company file. Not only this but accessing QuickBooks in multi-user mode can also bring the issue. It can provide damage to the company data as well.
Therefore, it is advisable to resolve the error immediately. For resolving, you must know all the causes that bring this issue. So, move in and learn.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 77
Once you understand the causes, it would become easy to carry out the solutions.
- If the Company file is located on external media rather than a local or a network drive.
- QuickBooks is trying to open the Company file.
- When you are running QuickBooks in multi-user mode, the Bit Defender security software is blocking communication.
- Incorrect Folder permissions are given in which the company file is located.
- The server system is not running with admin credentials.
- Accessing the QB file on a mapped drive.
- When the user does not update QuickBooks to its latest release
- Opening the damaged or missing company file
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
- Reboot QuickBooks with all the rights and permissions. Then, restart the software.
- Run QuickBooks file doctor for resolving issues within the corrupted and damaged QB files.
- Also, if the QB file is placed in an external storage device then save it to a network or local drive. Thereafter, examine the error issue by accessing the QBW file.
- Make sure to modify the settings and server if the company file references the mapped drive. For that choose File menu > Open or Restore > Open a Company file > Network > entire Network > server. Just restart the system and examine if this solution helps or not.
Now, let’s move into this section and learn how you can resolve QuickBooks error 77.
Solution 1: Use Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
Follow the steps mentioned below to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 77 with the help of the File Doctor Tool:
- First, download the QuickBooks File Doctor from the official site of Intuit.
- Once the download is finished, save the setup file on the system.
- After that, go to the qbfd.exe double-click on it to install the QuickBooks File Doctor, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the installation is done the QuickBooks File Doctor opens up automatically.
- Now just look for the green wrench icon in the Windows Taskbar.
- After that, use the drop-down list to select the company file that needs diagnosis.
- The user can either click on the browse button to locate the company file in the list and then manually locate it to continue
- Now choose one of the below-given options:
- File Damage and Network Connectivity – choose this option when you are encountering any suspected damage or view 6000 errors such as the QuickBooks Error Code -6000 -77, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, – 6000 -301, etc. while opening the QB company file.
- Only Network Connectivity – Select this option when you are facing network errors such as H202 or H303 or H505 while trying to open the Company file (network errors) in the Multi-user mode.
- Now the user has to enter the admin password and then choose the Company file and press the Next button.
- In the next step, the user is required to select the Host/Server or the Workstation when the page is prompted on the screen
- Choose the Workstation option if you are looking to run the QuickBooks Company File Doctor on a Workstation. It also means that the QuickBooks file is now physically hosted on this device.
- Choose the Server option if you are running the File Doctor on the server computer.
- In case you are the only user, then select the Server option and utilize QuickBooks on only one System or single-user mode.
- If you are asked to share the company file, then choose one of the following options.
- In case you are running the File Doctor on the server computer or host computer, then press YES
- In case you are running the File Doctor on a computer that is not hosting the company file then click on the NO option.
- The above steps initiate the diagnosis process, now the user just has to wait till the file doctor completes the diagnosis.
Once the file doctor finishes its scanning procedure, it’s advised to go back to the company file and check whether the error is resolved or not. If not then get ahead to try another method.
Solution 2: Rename the .ND and .TLG Files
- First of all, the user has to go to the Local company File folder on the system.
- Now navigate to the file with .ND and .TLG extensions
- After that, double-click on both files one by one and select the rename option.
- After selecting rename, add .OLD at the end of both file names such as Company.ND.OLD and Company.TLG.OLD respectively.
- Once these steps are completed, go to the company file and check whether the error is gone or not.
If the error still persists then move to the next step to resolve error 77 from the system.
Solution 3: Perform System File Checker on the Computer
- Go to the Start button and navigate to the search field
- Now type the command in the search field, but do not press enter key
- Now hold the Ctrl + shift key on the keyboard together and then press the Enter key.
- After a permission dialogue box is prompted on the screen click yes in the box.
- Now a blinking box will open up on the screen, now the user has to type SFC/Scannow in the box and then hit the enter button
- The above steps will initiate the System File Checker which starts scanning the error and determines it.
- Now the user is required to follow the on-screen commands and check whether the error is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Recreate the Damaged Folder
- First of all, go to the C: drive and create a new folder there
- Navigate to the folder where the company file folder is saved.
- In the company file, select the .QBW file, such as company_file.qbw
- Now, right-click on the .qbw file and select the Copy option
- Now go to the new folder in C: Drive where you create one, and paste the file there.
- Set Windows access permission to share company files
- Now open the Quickbooks Desktop and navigate to the new location to open the company file.
At last, the user has to check the system, if the error still continues then try the next method written below.
Solution 5: Use a UNC Path Instead of a Mapped Drive
- The user has to close Quickbooks and right-click on the Quickbooks Icon on the desktop
- Press the Ctrl key on the keyboard and select the Run as Administrator option
- Continuously hold the CTRL key until the No Company Open Windows is prompted on the screen.
- In the No Company Open window, go to the File Menu and select the Open or Restore Company option
- Now the next step is to choose the Open Company File Option and then hit on the Next option.
- After the above steps, go to the left pane, select the Network option and then navigate to the location of the company file.
- Now, just select the company file and select the open option.
Solution 6: Remove Spaces
- To initiate, log out of the QuickBooks software.
- Subsequently, visit the QB company file to access it.
- After that, perform a right-click on the same.
- Hit the Rename button.
- Select the company file name and click Enter.
- Also, remove the spaces between the file extension and the company name.
- Finally, just access the QB file and make the one.
Solution 7: Configure the Firewall and Security Software
- Enable automatic firewall port settings.
- Try to manually configure the exceptions.
- Finally, just install an anti-virus defender.
This may definitely erase the Quickbooks error 77 from your system.
So, these are the ways through which you can tackle the QuickBooks error -6000 -77. We hope that you are now accessing the QB file without any extra effort. These solutions are specifically for all the causes that bring the issue. So, they will surely help you out. However, if you want to ask anything from our experts and still any query is forming in your mind then don’t hesitate to let us know in the comment section. You will receive the best possible answer instantly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I uninstall QuickBooks and reinstall it?
Yes, you can uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
Q2. When should I use QuickBooks File Doctor?
You should use QuickBooks File Doctor when you can’t open your company files or if there is a problem with your network.
Q3. Why does my QuickBooks keep aborting?
If there is damage or missing. INI files then your QuickBooks starts to abort. Due to the wrong firewall or antivirus settings.