Whether you use Quickbooks as general accounting software or to increase sales, the error is constant on the other side of its features. Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number.” is the result of usage of Point of Sale. There is no issue rendering this Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number error the most frustrating time for your company, yet the solutions are there to regain your sales graph. However, it is inescapable that the sale rounds around software & third-party interface in Quickbooks.
Before considering any professional help, a better approach is some basics to advance level guidance on your end. Let’s consider the majority.
Detailed Overview of Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number
Several problems are significant when you use Quickbooks for making Point of Sale or any other choice via software. The problem occurs when you have added the wrong/defective product code while making a sale. The association is out because of the defects of corrupt files. Furthermore, you may not make any sales and run your business securely. Administrative authentication also is a cause of concern for this.
Causes of QuickBooks POS Invalid Product Number
Apart from the basic description, chances are witnessing numerous other justifications for invalid product number QuickBooks POS. Let’s list some for a clear understanding to troubleshoot the issue.
- If the cause is the point of sale, everything will be almost relevant to POS only. The game stays around damaged files for most of the errors of the Quickbooks. Here and now, the corrupt files stop you from making high sales and representing error messages on your desktop software screen.
- Registration of point of sale is unsuccessful due to improper user/admin rights. In this way, you must check if you are an owner to conduct this task or not.
- An installation is not in the queue because of the wrong/unwarranted product or item code of the company/services.
- These three fundamentals will make you stressed and not let you conduct your business smoothly.
Points to Keep in Mind Before Fixing Quickbooks Invalid Product Number
- Identify the data of your software and make arrangements to take backup of them (means Company Files). To save data disasters, you must finish this work before considering any other point.
- Invalid product number Quickbooks can be because of real-time maintenance non-release. Try to capture the steps to fix this point in advance, besides long and descriptive error removal sources.
- The folder “POS entitlement” exists in windows with hidden folder security. Search it to move to window settings highlighting the hidden folders and then delete it to resolve the error.
- These actions may help you save time in massive methods.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix QuickBooks POS Invalid Product Number
Invalid product number Quickbooks is not a one-way service issue. You may have to chase various points to smoothen your journey. After initiating the short passages, assume the preference of descriptive steps to battle against Quickbooks software error 176109.
Method 1. Entitlement Client Folder for Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number
- Search “Windows Explorer” to proceed for “C:-ProgramData-Intuit-Entitlement Client-V8.”
- Select all the files by pressing the keyboard: Ctrl+A.
- Press the “Delete Button.”
- Permit the confirmation.
- Open Quickbooks for confirming the service of QuickBooks point of sale invalid product number. Try to re-register now.
Method 2. Change the Name of WS files
- Search “Windows Explorer” to proceed for “C:-ProgramData-Intuit-Quickbooks Point of Sale-xx-ini.”
- Right-click on the files that appeared after applying the first step path.
- Get the “Rename” option over there.
- Type “OLD” in the Ws activity.
- Strike the cursor in any place to save the changes.
- Come out of the window.
- Delete the existing entitlement folder.
- Finally, go back to your QuickBooks software to try the registration once more.
Method 3. Reinstallation-Uninstallation
- Reinstallation or uninstallation to tackle invalid product number Quickbooks point of sale.
- Repair the POS.
- Complete the verification of license no & item/product number.
The End Note
At this point of note, one must understand the administration of overall steps to remove the issue of invalid product number QuickBooks. Furthermore, you should not take your feet back while considering the problems of the most sensitive software of your company and immediately take professional help if these steps are not enough to maintain your concern. We are available for you 24×7.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix the invalid product number in QuickBooks?
Answer- Follow these steps to fix invalid product numbers in QuickBooks:
- Step 1: Do a Clean reinstall of QuickBooks Points of Sale.
- Step 2: Remove the Entitlement Client folder.
- Step 3: Change the name of the WS Activity File.
Q2. How do I reset QuickBooks POS?
Answer- Here are the simple steps you need to follow to reset QuickBooks POS:
- First, open QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Then use SYSADMIN as the username.
- After that leave the password field blank and press OK.
Q3. Why does my QuickBooks not open?
Answer- This happens because of a damaged or missing QBWUSER. INI file. Another reason can be the partial installation of QuickBooks Desktop.