Quickbooks Point of sale is one of the support to Quickbooks accounting software that has feature-rich components to maintain the business-book of any company. However, users may face issues like Quickbooks pos invalid product numbers while using it.
Quickbooks accounting software is the most versatile and useful software package for small and medium-sized companies worldwide. This software pack is developed and marketed by an American software development company, Intuit. Quickbooks is essential software that any businessman wants to maintain their business books and get ahead in the path of success. This software has every aspect to maintain payroll, record transactions, make bill payments, create customized receipts, tax calculations, set reminders for future payments, and much more. These qualities make distinct Quickbooks Desktop from other software.
Quickbooks POS is one of a kind that eases the work of the users and works as a central hub. Track sales, managing inventory, keeping track of the customers to keep up with their activities, and improving the relationship with the business is the most crucial work of Quickbooks POS. Quickbooks Point-of-sale supports various small and medium-sized enterprises such as small franchises, clothing, and shoe stores, sporting goods stores, etc. It can easily handle a large number of inventories in business at one time because the system is integrated to handle over 1500 items at a time. Despite such amazing features, users often complain about the several errors they face while using Quickbooks Point-of-sale. The users may often encounter invalid product numbers in Quickbooks POS.
This post is all bout the Quickbooks POS invalid product number, where we discussed the error in brief and also find out the reasons causing the error, and solution in a step-by-step guide one after the other lately. So, without any further ado, let’s hop on the topic.
What is Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number?
Quickbooks Point-of-sale invalid number refers to invalid product code or number code. This error is also known as Quickbooks error 176109. This error often occurs when the user tries to open Quickbooks POS and it is denied access then a pop-up message flashes on the display screen with an error message. The message says the key authentication file is basically corrupted or missing.
Quickbooks need enough permission to read and write the company file without further interruption. If the user has not had the Administrative level authentication, then the Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number error will appear.
What Causes the QuickBooks POS Invalid Number (QuickBooks Error 176109)?
These are the factors behind the occurrence of Quickbooks POS invalid product number error code 176109.
- The content of the Quickbooks POS Entitlement field is missing or damaged.
- The Quickbooks point-of-sale installation process is completed with wrong or incorrect product code.
- The user does not have the Administrative level authentication to access the company file.
Important Point to Note Before Troubleshooting Invalid Product number Quickbooks POS
Before going to troubleshoot the Quickbooks error 179106 or you can say Quickbooks POS Invalid product number error, the user must accomplish some task. These tasks are;
- Must create backup data of the company file before proceeding with any of the methods to get rid of the error.
- Check out the latest available version of Quickbooks point-of-sale. If available then update the Quickbooks POS cause the latest version helps out to resolve the error.
- You need to delete the entitlement folder from windows that are a hidden folder so change the windows settings to show hidden files.
- Display Hidden Files in Windows 7 and Windows Vista:
- Click the Windows Start button and select My Computer.
- Under the Organize tab, select Folder and Search Options.
- Under the View tab, click Show Hidden Files and Folders.
- Now unmark Hide Protected System Operating Files and click Yes.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Display Hidden Files in Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E on the keyboard.
- Select the File Extension under the View tab and click Hidden Items.
- Display Hidden Files in Windows 10:
- Click the Folder icon at the bottom of the screen in the System Tray.
- Click, Hidden Items under the View tab.
How to Troubleshoot the Error Code 179601
It’s easy to resolve the Quickbooks POS Invalid Product number error with different methods in step-by-step guidance.
Solution 1: Rename the WS Activity File
- Press the Windows +E key together to open Windows Explorer
- Follow the pathway C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini
- Now click on the WS Activity file.
- Now right-click on it with the Mouse and headed to rename
- Rename the file with OLD WS Activity and click anywhere to save it.
- Now exit from the folder
- Delete the entitlement folder again
- Now Relaunch the Quickbooks POS
Solution2: Delete the Contents within Entitlement Client Folder
- Press the Windows +E key together to open Windows Explorer
- Navigate to the C drive and follow the path C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- Now you show the whole content written in the entitlement file, press the Ctrl+A key together to select all the files.
- Click on the delete option to delete it.
- Now, go to the Quickbooks POS, open it, and try registering the application again
Solution 3: Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop Point-of-sale
If all the above solutions did not make-up to resolve the Quickbooks pos invalid product number error. Just uninstall the Quickbook desktop pos from the system and install it again. But before hoping for this solution make sure you have created the backup of the company file data on your system. If not then it’s advised to create it before trying this method.
This solution is in different steps. Let’s get to the first one.
Step 1 Uninstall the Quickbooks Desktop Point-of-Sale
- Go to the control panel
- Click on the Program and Feature
- In the list of Programs and features select Quickbooks Desktop POS.
- Now click on the Uninstall option to uninstall it
- After that follow the trail to complete the process.
Step 2 Rename all the Point-of-Sale folders
- Just add OLD at the end of each folder’s name to create a difference between the old and new folder of Quickbooks POS
Step 3 Re-Install the Quickbooks Point-of-Sale
- Go to the official site of Intuit and download the Quickbooks Desktop POS
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the installation process of QB POS.
Step 4 Restore the Company File
- After successful installation open the Quickbooks Desktop POS
- Here, create a new company file and restore the created backup
- Now, open the Point-of-sale again to verify the error is gone or not
- Register the Quickbooks POS again
Regarding all the above information, hopefully, your all concerns and queries are fulfilled. This post upheld all the information related to Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number aka QuickBooks Error 179106. In this post, we discuss a brief introduction of this issue and the factors behind the error. This post also includes the solution in different terms along with detailed steps to ease the way of the users to resolve the error. We filled up the post with all the basic to advance facts to scoop up the users of QuickBooks POS who are facing errors related to invalid product code.
In any case, if the error still persists after trying all the above-mentioned solutions you are advised to contact experts from Quickbooks Customer support for better assistance. They are always available to help you out in a bad situation and give you a quick and easy solution to get rid of the error.