QuickBooks error 6010 belongs to the 6000 error series and indicates that there is some corruption within the company file. The user can end up with the issue when the antivirus and firewall software restricts QuickBooks to access the network.
It usually appears during the re-installation of the QuickBooks desktop. Let’s learn more about this issue so that you can resolve it in the best possible way.
A Quick Glimpse on QuickBooks Error 6010
Reinstallation of QuickBooks turns out to be a difficult process when the error continuously pops on the screen. Antivirus and windows firewalls are the major factor behind the issue. Disabling them may relieve you in some manner. But, don’t merely depend on this one as other reasons can also trigger the issue. You must get into the section below to learn all those causes and reasons behind this irritable issue.
Causes that trigger QuickBooks error -6010
- Windows registry files get deleted because of the third-party application.
- The system framework is junked.
- Interruption between the .ND files and .QBW .TLG files.
- Using the wrong way to install your QuickBooks software.
- Antivirus software like ESET NOD32 blocks or restricts QuickBooks.
- Registry optimizing programs deletes the QuickBooks registry files.
- QuickBooks becomes unable to access the network because of antivirus and firewall software.
Any of these causes could make you bear the issue. Now, let’s move into and learn different symptoms to identify the issue.
Pointers to Detect the Issue
Well, you not only receive the error text as hindrances but many other issues as well. Those issues are no better than the symptoms. You must examine each pointer provided below to detect and identify the issue within your system.
- The user fails to access the QB file even after performing several attempts.
- Getting the error text on your computer screen.
- Host system saves your company file
These issues indicate the user about the prevalent corruption. The user should conduct every possible way to fix this nonsensical issue. Therefore, let’s move ahead and learn the different ways to do so.
Solutions to Eradicate the QuickBooks Error 6010
The solutions are given below. Instead of picking any, make sure to start from the first one and then jump consequently. This will help you to get rid of all kinds of confusion and uncertainty. So, let’s just proceed.
Solution 1: End the Processes
This is the first solution in which we have to end the processes of QuickBooks and then set it to single-user mode. The steps provided below help you in doing so:
- Initially, “log in” to the PC.
- Make sure to do it with the administrator credentials.
- Thereafter, hit the “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” button.
- You need to open the “Task Manager” window with these keys.
- Then, click on the “Users” button.
- After that, try to highlight the processes which are titled “QBDBM.exe, qpupdate.exe, and EXE”.
- Choose the “End Task” button.
- Now, you need to examine the error issue. For that, make sure to open the QB file.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Issues within the company file get easily resolved with this tool. The steps to run it on your device are:
- You need to first commence the downloading of the “QuickBooks tool hub”.
- Visit the “Download bar”.
- Then, choose “QuickBooksToolsHub.exe”.
- Hit the “Yes” button when asked about saving changes on the device.
- Further, choose “Next”.
- Thereafter, you need to click on the “Yes” button provided with the license agreement.
- Again, hit “Next” and try to install the software.
- Tap on the “Finish” button after the installation gets completed.
- Just “launch” the tool hub icon.
- Consequently, hit on the “Company File Issues”.
- Choose “Run QuickBooks file doctor” from there and let the tool scans the whole folder.
Solution 3: Rename the .ND Extension
The steps below help you to rename the .ND extension and this way help in resolving the issue. Take guidance from the steps below to learn how you should change the name .ND extension.
- The first and foremost step is to locate the QB file with .ND extension.
- Double-click on the file to launch it.
- After that, head towards the company file that is corrupting with error code 6010.
- Perform a right-click on the same.
- Expand the drop-down menu.
- Then, choose the “Rename” button.
- Add “.OLD” extension at the time of renaming the file.
- Do as suggested (My company.qbw.ND.old)
- Finally, just open the QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 4: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QuickBooks database server manager contains the .ND file that helps in establishing the network connection between the host and different workstations. Make sure to repair the network issue with this tool. You can carry out the steps as suggested below to understand how to run this tool on the device.
- Firstly, try to “download” the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Thereafter, you need to locate it on your system.
- Try to locate the file downloaded as “QuickBooksToolsHub.exe”.
- Launch the same.
- Choose “Yes” when asked to allow this app to make changes.
- Consequently, hit “Next”.
- Try to “install” the tool.
- Go through the license agreement and put a tick on the “Accept” button.
- Make sure to choose the “Install” button.
- The installation procedure might take some more minutes to get completed.
- Then, open the tool.
- After that, visit the “Network Issues”.
- Click on “QuickBooks database server manager”.
- Try to find out the location of the QB file by hitting the “Scan Folders” option.
- Now, you need to browse the folders that is having your QB files (.QBW)
- Hit the “OK” button.
- Afterward, choose the “Start Scan” button.
- Login back to the QB files after completing the scanning procedure.
Solution 5: Repair QB File
This is another solution preferable for those who still cannot get rid of the issue. At times, the company file gets corrupted due to lots of reasons. So, try to repair it as soon as possible with the steps provided below.
- Try to locate the folder where you placed your QB file.
- Open and expand the relevant file.
- After that, you need to find out the file having “.QBW” extension.
- “Right-click” on the file to copy it.
- Once done, paste it.
- Then, you need to hit the “Ctrl” button.
- It will give you access to the QuickBooks software.
- Consequently, the window titled “No Company Open” would appear on your device.
- Visit “Open or Restore an existing company”.
- Make sure to open the QB file and examine the system still brings this issue or not.
Solution 6: Reinstall the QuickBooks Software
Head into and learn the reinstallation of QuickBooks software with the steps provided below if you still face this QuickBooks error 6010. The solutions are divided into three parts to provide you with a clear way of how to reinstall the software with a clean install tool.
First of all, you need to uninstall the QuickBooks software by heading towards the Control Panel. So, make sure to do it.
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Head towards the “Control Panel” now.
- Thereafter, choose to “Uninstall a Program”.
- Tap “Uninstall QuickBooks”.
- Here, you need to use the “QuickBooks Clean install tool”.
Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
Before using the QuickBooks clean install tool, it should be noted to make a backup of the company files. Also, don’t forget to note down the product and license number of the software that you have to refill after installing QuickBooks. So, take these cautions before using the tool.
- Download the “QuickBooks Tool hub”.
- You can hit the link provided above to download this tool.
- Then, head towards the location where you have saved your file.
- Go through the on-screen prompts to install the tool hub.
- Complete the entire installation procedure by marking on the “I Accept” button.
- “Launch” the tool hub now.
- Also, choose the “Installation Issues” button.
- Thereafter, you need to mark on “Clean Install Tool”.
- Hit the downside arrow to expand the list of product versions.
- Now, choose the “QuickBooks desktop version” that you have installed earlier.
- Also, hit the “Continue” button.
- If you see the message “Please Install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location” hit the OK button.
- The tool then uninstalls the QuickBooks software. Make sure to conduct a reinstallation of QuickBooks after that.
- Now, you need to restart the Windows
If you face the error while renaming the folder, move to the steps below to resolve it.
Resolve Error During Renaming
- Right-click the “Windows Task Bar”.
- Also, you can hit the “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” buttons.
- Click on the “Task Manager”.
- Head towards the “Processes” tab.
- Pick “Image Name column” from there.
- Consequently, perform a right-click on all these files and choose “End Process” QBCFMonitorService.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, Qbw32.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe.
- Hit the OK button when you receive the Warning message.
- Thereafter, just rename the QuickBooks folder.
The user is now all set to reinstall the QB desktop. Make sure to put in the relevant Product and License number.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error Code 6190: How to Resolve
Solution 7: Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
- Start with moving towards the “File” section.
- Then, open your “QuickBooks file menu”.
- Head towards the “utility” button.
- Further, choose “Stop Hosting multi-user access”.
- Just “restart” your QuickBooks software.
- Tap the “Program settings”.
- Thereafter, disable the “Internet Monitor feature”.
- If your computer has “ESET NOD32 anti-virus software” then try to add .OLD as an extension.
- Finally, restart your QB software.
Solution 8: Enable Single-User Mode
- Open the server system.
- Try to “sign in” as an admin.
- Hit three tabs named “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” buttons to access Task Manager.
- Bring your mouse towards the “Users” tab.
- Then, visit “Show Processes” for all users.
- Try to highlight the “QuickBooks process”.
- Thereafter, tap the “End Task” button.
- After that, get back to QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Solution 9: Restore the QuickBooks Backup File
Try to restore the backup of the company file if nothing has worked for you. As the company file can become corrupted and bring several issues.
- To begin with, close the QB desktop.
- Use the Ctrl key till the “No Company Open” window appears.
- Head towards the “Open or Restore an existing company” and click on it.
- Head towards the “Restore a backup copy”.
- Further, choose “Next”.
- Go through the instruction carefully provided on the screen and restore the backup.
So, with this, we are ending our guide on QuickBooks error 6010. We hope that the solutions work wonderfully on your system and you get rid of the issue. Although, if you find any kind of issues then make sure to comment below.