QuickBooks Error 6129 occurs generally due to the failure of database connection verification. It also might happen due to some damaged company files. The users facing the error could receive a message of “Database Connection verification failure.”
If you are facing a similar issue and could not use the software efficiently, then consider reading the whole article very carefully. We will discuss all the causes, reasons, general symptoms, and possible solutions regarding QuickBooks Error 6129.
To resolve the problem it is very important to know the triggers and reasons to rectify the QuickBooks error code 6129. So before discussing the solution let us first talk about the causes and symptoms.
What is QuickBooks Error 6129?
QuickBooks error 6129 prevails when you are trying to access a company file or when your database connection fails. This problem comes in both modes that are single user and multi-user. So, you will get a pop-up “Error code: -6129, 0: Database connection verification failure”.
Causes for the Occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 6129 0
Before searching for the solution, it is important to find out the cause of the error. So below are a few cases or triggers that might be the reason for Error 6129, 0.
- One of the most possible causes behind the occurrence of the error could be some antivirus might be restricting the process to create a new company file.
- Your system might have any corrupted and damaged files with the .nd extension.
- Any malfunction in the system operation might also lead to this type of error.
- The error code 6129 0 QuickBooks might also occur due to the uninstallation of the application.
- The invalid entries in the Windows registry can also be the reason behind the arising of the error.
- QuickBooks Error 6129 can also occur due to the improper shutdown of the system during a power cut-out.
- This error can also take place when the client machine and the domain server do not match.
There is a list of such reasons and triggers. However, we have discussed some common causes that are probably causing the error in your computer.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6129 0
There are a couple of signs that you might be facing while identifying the error in your system. Let us now discuss the common symptoms of the QuickBooks Error Code 6129.
- The error code 6129 0 QuickBooks pop-ups on the screen and the active windows crash.
- If you are running the same program on your device, then the error might also cease the system.
- The computer of the device you are using the software might not respond properly.
- If the system got frozen then the error might be the reason for it.
Points to Consider Before Troubleshooting Quickbooks Error Code 6129 0
Now since we know the causes and the symptoms of the error, it is time to execute the solutions. But before that, there are a few points we would recommend following a few steps.
Case 1: Opening or Updating the Company file
- You need to first open the sample of the company file to find out the problem. If the error is occurring to all the company files then you need to try a different method to solve it.
- The user also might need to log in as the Windows admin, and then he/she can carry out the solution.
Case 2: Creating a New Company File
- If you faced the issue while creating a new company file, then the first step is to leave or exit the page.
- The user should also save the file and choose the yes option to continue.
- Now, you can rename the company file and then save the file by clicking on the save option.
Changing the name might help you to solve the issue. However, if the solution did not help you then consider transforming the location of the file.
- Go to the location where you have saved the file.
- Tap on the Company file and then select the option Copy.
- Now paste the company file to another location.
- Open the software QuickBooks and then tap on the Open or restore an existing company.
- Choose the option of Open a company file and then hit on the Next button.
- Locate the file using the location where you paste the file.
- Highlight it and then right-click on the Open button.
Resolve the QuickBooks Error 6129 0 With These Easy Solutions
There are various methods to solve the QuickBooks error. We will try to discuss them all in this article. So if you are someone who is dealing with the QuickBooks error code (-6129 0), then consider going through each of the steps we are about to discuss.
Method 1: Update the QuickBooks Desktop to the New Version
To resolve the QuickBooks Error code 6129 you can try to update the QuickBooks latest version.
- First, open the QuickBooks desktop and then search for the Help option on the menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Update Now tab.
- Select Get Updates to start the download.
- After completing the download process, restart the QuickBooks desktop.
- Follow the instructions on the PC screen and accept the option to install the new release.
Method 2: Create Another Folder and Navigate the QuickBooks Company Files
This is the first method to resolve the problem. Follow the steps below to solve the error.
- Firstly, you need to make another file folder.
- Select the QuickBooks company files to a new folder.
- Now you will be easily able to open the QuickBooks company file if using one account on one system only.
- If the user is using one account on more than one computer then he/she has to follow a few more steps.
- Right-click on the Start option.
- Choose the Programs option to continue the process.
- Tap on the QuickBooks software and then select the option of QuickBooks database server manager.
- Click on the scan folder options.
- If there is no folder available then tap on the options Add Folder and then add a new folder to it.
- Hit on the Scan button.
- Before moving on to the next step, consider closing the window first.
- The last and final step of the solution is to open QuickBooks and check if you are still facing the same problem or not.
- If you are using QuickBooks on many computers then you first have to set up folder permissions. And then try to add a new folder in the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
How to Setup Folder Permissions?
- First, you have to click on the folder with the company folder and then choose Properties.
- Select the option ‘Advanced in the security tab.’
- Make sure that you have allowed the following settings Transverse folder/ execute the file, List folder/ read data, read the attributes, Read extended attributes, generate files/ write data, Write attributes, etc. after choosing QBDataServiceUserXX & choose Edit.
To Modify ‘Not Properly Set Up Permissions
- Click on the Company Folder.
- Select the Properties and then press “Edit.”
- Go to the ‘QBDataServiceUserXX’ and click on the option “Full.”
- Click on Allow to continue the process.
- Press OK to complete the setting procedure.
Change the Folder Permissions
- Click on the keys Windows + E on the keywords.
- Open the folder of File Explorer.
- Go to the option of Folder and then select Properties.
- Try to follow the above for all the folders on the List.
- Choose the option of Everyone in the security tab. If the group or the user name box does not have everyone’s name then you can first add the names and then change the settings to Everyone.
- Click on the option OK.
Method 3: Turn Off the Anti-Virus
To solve the issue you can also turn off the anti-virus safe mode. Follow the steps below to carry out the process.
- The user needs to restart the computer and change it to safe mode.
- Now you need to turn off the anti-virus software.
- Create another company file.
- You need to keep the PC in the normal working mode.
- After completing the process, reboot the system.
- The user is required to open the QuickBooks and then open the company files.
- Now try to open QuickBooks and use the software to check whether the error is appearing or not.
Also read, How to Fix Quickbooks Error Code 6147 0 From the System
Method 4: Make sure that the system is working on the domain
You should have all the systems in the same domain. Check to verify if the domain is different and resolve it. Now open the file and see whether you are still facing the same error code 6129, 0.
Method 5: Performing the Solution at the time of the Easy Step Interview
If none of the above steps helped you to resolve your problem then try to perform the following steps below.
- Click on the Leave option when you are in the Easy Step Interview.
- Hit the Yes button when you see the message of Save the file.
- Now the last step is to enter the name of the file, and then click on the Save option.
Method 6: Renaming QuickBooks Network Data Files (.ND)
The third solution is to rename the QuickBooks Network Data files. You can carry out the steps.
- Search for the .ND file in the QuickBooks.
- Then click on the Old Company Name and to change it into a new one click on the Rename option.
- While rewriting the name, the user must put OLD at the end of the new name and then hit the ENTER button.
- Open the company file and follow the steps below to access the same company file.
- Tap on the Windows Start option.
- Then choose the programs and click on QuickBooks.
- Tap on the QuickBooks Database server manager and select the option of scan folders.
- If you do not have any folder that consists of a company file then try to create one folder by clicking on the Add Folder.
- After creating one folder, you can now scan to check if there is some issue in the system.
- Now try to open the Company File and verify whether you are still facing a similar problem or not.
Method 7: Log in to Windows as an Administrator
The user might be experiencing the QuickBooks Error 6129 because he/she has not logged in to Windows as an admin. If you also have made the same mistake then try to log in to Windows as admin first. Follow the steps below.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Choose All Programs from the list.
- Go to the Windows Small Business Server and then hit the Windows SBS Console.
- Choose Users and Groups. Then tap on the option Add a new user account.
- Follow the Add a New User Account wizard after filling out the user information.
- Provide new user administrator rights.
- Select Finish when you are done.
Method 8: Restart Computer in the Safe Mode
If the user restarts the computer to the Safer Mode, then the third-party software or antivirus would not restrict QuickBooks to perform its job. However, the user can also disable or turn off the antivirus temporarily while working or installing the QuickBooks application.
You might witness the QuickBooks Error Code 6129 0 while creating a new company file. The above-discussed solution would help you to solve the issue. However, if none of the above solutions helped you to resolve the problem then try to directly contact the customer care service of the software. You can get the Helpline Number from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks. The support service of the retail software is available 24/7 to ensure that their customer is getting instant solutions while facing a problem. Hopefully, the article was helpful and informative for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix error 6094 in QuickBooks?
- Repair your QBs Desktop.
- Delete QBs files from Blocked files.
- Set up AVG Antivirus.
- Perform QuickBooks Update.
Q2. How do I turn on hosting in QuickBooks?
- Go to QuickBooks and tap on Files.
- Select the Utility option and then choose Host Multi-user Access.
- Now, add no of the users you want.
- Lastly, if multi-user mode is enabled, press Cancel.
Q3. Can you use QuickBooks Desktop at two different locations?
Yes, you can use QuickBooks at different locations.