Quickbooks is financial software that has become a top choice of entrepreneurs to manage their businesses. Designed, developed, and marketed by the company Intuit, this software is specially created to help small and medium-sized businesses. The great thing is you can also decide from desktop and online versions of this powerful software as per your company’s needs. Quickbooks have changed the old methods of performing accounting and bookkeeping. Now, these things can be performed at your fingertips.
It has a feature known as Quickbooks Payroll which helps in creating paycheques, making deposits to employees, Filling up State and federal tax forms, handling E-File, E-Pay, Print W-2s, etc. But is important to update the software from time to time to enjoy more features and no errors. And this is when you might come across Quickbooks Update Error 15270. Recently many users posted queries about this error that occurs while updating the Quickbooks payroll. Your screen flashes an error message reading, “Payroll update didn’t complete.”
This error won’t let you complete the update which ultimately will obstruct your work. It means you not only can’t perform business-related tasks but also face loss. This is why you must resolve it instantly to avoid any crucial data loss. In this power-packed article, you will read the symptoms, factors responsible for the Quickbooks Update Error 15270, and effective ways to fix it.
Symptoms of Quickbooks Update Error 15270
According to many users of QuickBooks, they’ve experienced these symptoms (mentioned below) after getting Quickbooks error code 15270.
- This troublesome error crashes all programs that are active.
- PC suddenly blackouts while running a program
- The system runs sluggishly after receiving Quickbooks Essentials Error 15270
- Your screen pops up error code messages on the screen.
Factors Responsible for QuickBooks Update Error 15270
An error can’t just take place out of the blue. There are several factors responsible for the occurrence of an error like human intervention or technical glitches. Below, we have discussed major reasons for the error so that you could avoid it in the future.
- The computer can’t download the updated files due to poor network connection, sudden termination of the program, and lack of memory.
- User Account Settings manages security and control of programs and many apps that consume internet connection for better functioning. This sometimes interrupts the updating functions of QBs.
- For QuickBooks, it is recommended to use Internet explorer. So, if you have not made Internet Explorer your default browser, its network access might get interrupted.
- Improper program files
- An Incomplete installation also impacts QuickBooks as few crucial components should be there for the smooth functioning of the software.
Fixation Steps to Fix the QuickBooks Update Error 15270
Now that we have explained the symptoms and reasons for the Quickbooks Update Error 15270, it is time to learn how to fix it. These steps can be performed by non-technical users also as the solutions are easy to implement. Have a look.
Step 1: Update Quickbooks Manually
- First of all, reach out to Quickbooks. Restart it.
- Go to the Quickbooks Update Service then tap on Install Later.
- Tap on the Help icon and choose the option of Update Quickbooks.
- In that section select Reset Update.
- Tick the Reset Update and then select the option of Get updates.
- Approve these steps by tapping on OK.
- After completing the above steps, the option of Get Update will be activated.
- After that, a confirmation message will pop up on your screen reading Update complete. Now Restart the Quickbooks software again.
- If you receive the pop-up message reading- Quickbooks update services then select the option of Update now/Install Now.
- Now, tap on the Employee tab.
- Inside it, choose Get Payroll Update.
- Try to update payroll once again by clicking on the Download entire Payroll Update option.
- Choose the option of Update to conclude the step.
Step 2: Run the Reboot.bat File
When you run the reboot.bat file, ut re-registers QBs related .DLL and .OCX files. The steps are:
- First of all, turn off the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the folder having the Reboot.bat file:
- Right-tap on the QuickBooks icon.
- Pick the Properties option.
- Select the “Open file location.”
- Tap right on the “Reboot.bat file” and after that, you need to choose “Run as System Administrator.”
- A black window will come on your screen with scrolling file names. Do not close this window manually. After the reboot.bat file utility gets finished, the black window will get closed automatically.
- Now, Restart the computer.
Step 3: Fixing Quickbooks Update Error 15270 Through Quickbooks Tool Hub
Quickbooks tool hub is a powerful tool that is integrated into the QBs software to fix numbers of Quickbooks errors including Error 15270 Quickbooks.
- Close your QBs desktop.
- Reach out to Intuit’s site and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After downloading the tool successfully, search “QuickBooksToolHub.exe” in order to install it.
- Follow the instructions popping on the screen to install the tool and agree on the Terms and conditions.
- After the installation, tap twice on the icon. The tool will automatically identify and rectify the Quickbooks Update Error 15270 accordingly.
- In case, you coil not find the Tool Hub icon then go to the search box on the window then type Quickbooks tool hub. You will find the results, just tap on the tool and you are good to go!
Step 4: Install QuickBooks Desktop Using Selective Startup
- First of all, activate the subscription.
- For the users having Basic, Standard, or Enhanced Payroll: Select the Employees first then the My Payroll Service option, and then choose the Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences section.
- Sign in to your Intuit Account, view the page of QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance as well as subscription activity.
- Make the Internet Explorer a default browser.
- Temporarily cease the “User Account Control” icon.
- Select the option of Repair QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Selective Startup option to conduct a clean installation process.
Steps to Avoid QuickBooks Update Error 15270 in Future
After fixing the error by following the above solutions, you can smoothly use the QuickBooks software. But it is crucial to know how you can avoid the error forever in the future. Read the following points, to prevent the error 15270 QuickBooks.
- Update the QuickBooks appropriately. Make sure to download the right file and install it completely.
- Never shut down your PC inappropriately.
- Modify the software settings from time to time.
- Download the authentic version of the software to prevent QuickBooks error 15270.
- Reboot the PC first and update the QBs update service window. After that, click on Install Later option.
Also Find, Steps to Install Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
We hope that the article was worthy to you. We have explained all the relatable topics of QuickBooks error code 15270. Now you can easily fix as well as avoid this error permanently. However, if you need more guidance about the software or any error then feel free to contact the customer support team of QuickBooks. The number can be accessed from Intuit QuickBooks site. The support team is available 24X7 to resolve your query.