Have you run across QuickBooks error 12157 and aren’t sure what to do? Your quest has come to a conclusion. This problem is caused by a variety of factors, including poor installation, data connectivity issues, upgrade failures, update errors, and so on. This problem is part of the 12000 error series, and it can be caused by web connectivity troubles with the Microsoft Win32 internet. Keep in mind that QuickBooks uses this API to quickly access internet protocols including FTP, HTTP, and Gopher.
You could find this problem a little perplexing, which is why we’ve created this part, in which we’ll discuss the causes and processes for resolving QuickBooks error 12157. Continue reading to discover the most effective options.
Understanding QuickBooks Error 12157
As previously stated, QuickBooks error code 12157 is a member of the 12XXX series of errors. Due to web connectivity troubles in the Windows operating system with Microsoft Win32 internet or WinInetAPI, you may see such an error. The API is used by QuickBooks accounting software uses API to execute internet protocols such as FTP, HTTP, and Gopher. This type of problem generally occurs when downloading or installing software updates.
Few of the Common Connectivity Issues
A few error codes commonly emerge as a result of the internet connection. It’s conceivable that no particular warning messages are displayed, or that any of the problem codes listed below are displayed:
- Error Code 12045 in QuickBooks
- 12038 QB Error
- Error Code 12037 in QB
Indications and Signs of the Error 12157
Once you are familiar with the indicators of a mistake, spotting it becomes simple. Although the list isn’t exhaustive, it is likely to assist you in identifying error 12157 Quickbooks.
- The error code itself flashing on the screen with a warning message and crashing the current window is one of the most basic signs.
- Another indicator is if any pop-ups appear from the firewall settings or internet security programs.
- This problem can also be detected if your machine fails for whatever reason.
- Another symptom of error code 12157 is a slow system and software.
What are the Reasons for Triggering QuickBooks Error 12157?
The following are some of the most common causes of QuickBooks error 12157 when upgrading QuickBooks Payroll or the implementation:
- A wide range of framework conflicts, PC registry errors, and Active X issues can be found.
- Setups and Internet security apps were limited by several firewall programs.
- Many QuickBooks software variants were published on the same computer system in the same year, including:
- 2018 QuickBooks Desktop Pro
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions 16.0 is the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions.
- While upgrading the QuickBooks desktop computer program, conditional firewall software settings and web protection applications, as well as specific Internet or protection apps, may surface.
Troubleshooting Steps to Error 12157 in QuickBooks
You may repair QuickBooks error message 12157 by using the solutions shown below. Let’s have a look at each strategy one by one:
Solution 1: Changing the Network Connectivity
This sort of problem is frequently caused by incorrect internet connection settings. In this case, you’d have to adjust your internet connection settings. The following are the actions to take in this situation:
- To begin, you must first open QuickBooks.
- After that, go to the help menu.
- Select the internet connection setup as well.
- To create a connection when this program accesses the internet, choose to use my computer’s internet connection settings.
- After that, you must select the next tab.
- The advanced connection settings must be opened.
- Select the Advanced tab from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the option to restore advanced settings.
- Finally, select the OK tab and then click Done.
Solution 2: Go to the Settings and Verify the Date and Time
- To begin, right-click on the clock in the bottom right corner of the computer and select Properties.
- Next, select the Date/Time Adjustment option.
- After that, go to Change date and time and input the current date and time.
- After that, press the OK key.
- Close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop now.
- Finally, make sure QuickBooks Desktop is updated.
Solution 3: In the Computer System Restore
When upgrading QuickBooks Desktop to the newest edition, you may see the Intuit error 12157 as a result of your Internet browser’s settings being incorrect. To correct it, follow these steps:
- Before you begin the troubleshooting step, make sure QuickBooks is closed.
- Now open Microsoft Edge and go to the Tools menu on the left side of the screen.
- After that, go to Internet Options and select the Advanced tab.
- Finally, choose Restore Advanced Settings to complete the process.
Now open QuickBooks to see whether it can be updated to the most recent version. If the QuickBooks payroll update issue 12157 continues, move on to the next step in the troubleshooting process.
Solution 4: In your Firewall Add QuickBooks
You’ll need to add QuickBooks to the firewall exceptions list using this approach. There are times when the firewall or internet security settings aren’t correctly adjusted. You’ll need to make sure that ports 80 and 443 are open. The following set of files should have access in such a scenario:
Solution 5: Restore the Advanced Settings
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Activate Microsoft Edge.
- Pick Internet choices from the drop-down menu after clicking the Tools tab in the upper right corner.
- After that, select Advanced Tab.
- Exit the window after selecting Restore Advanced Settings.
Solution 6: Disable UAC
QuickBooks has ceased running due to restrictive user account control settings, resulting in QuickBooks error code 12157.
As a result, users must take the following actions to disable their system’s User Account Control settings:
- To begin, press “Windows” + “R” to open the command prompt.
- After that, type “Control Panel” into the search box and hit “Enter.”
- Then touch “Security-Maintenance” under “System and Security.”
- Pick “User-Accounts” from the drop-down menu, then “Change Users-Account.”
- Lastly, choose “Never Notify” with “Ok” under “UAC Settings.”
- After you’ve disabled the UAC, try upgrading QuickBooks to see if you still get the QuickBooks 12157 problem.
That’s all there is to it when it comes to resolving QuickBooks problem 12157. If the issue persists after you’ve followed the above methods, don’t hesitate to contact QuickBooks error help pros and trained experts. We think the approaches we gave you were successful in resolving QuickBooks error code 12157 for all QuickBooks Downloads versions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I fix error codes in QuickBooks?
You can simply fix error codes in QuickBooks by downloading the Quickbooks tool hub. Here are some steps that you can follow to eliminate Quickbooks error code.
1. Install the QuickBooks tool hub from its official page.
2. Complete the installation process by following the onscreen wizards.
3. When you are done with the process, launch the tool.
4. Choose program problems.
5. Select your problem and get it resolved by following the screen wizards.
Q2. How do I fix a network connection error?
You can simply re-establish your internet connection so that a refreshed internet connection will help you to resolve your internet errors. However, you can turn off the router entirely and, after a few seconds, restart it and test your QuickBooks, if the issue has reduced or not.