Quickbooks is a powerful accounting app with a fantastic range of tools to help you. It is also one of the most popular accounting software programs, with millions of users worldwide. Despite its flawlessness, Intuit’s Quickbooks contains several errors that you can encounter from time to time. Quickbooks Error 6147 is one such error that you might find.
Quickbooks error 6147 0 occurs when you attempt to access a business or backup file but are unable to do so. This is normally caused by a weakened, broken, or corrupted company file. In any case, we accept that you can be disappointed as a result of this error. What we will tell is that you don’t have to!
This article will assist you in fully removing the Quickbooks error code 6147. Not just that, but we will also go into other facets of this fault in depth. So, let’s begin the article with no additional folders.
What Exactly is QuickBooks Error -6147?
When you want to enter the business file and it does not open, you get Quickbooks Error 6147. This means that the business file is compromised or destroyed.
This error usually occurs while attempting to recover a Quickbooks business file backup from a network drive.
What are the Possible Causes of Error 6147 0?
This error may occur for a variety of reasons. Let’s go over them one by one.
- If the Quickbooks file has been compromised.
- If you attempt to recover a backup file from a network disk.
- This error will occur if the name of the business file exceeds the 210-character limit.
- If your Quickbooks download was tainted.
- This error may also be caused by incorrect Quickbooks installation.
- If the Windows registry file has been corrupt.
- Your system may be under threat from Malware or a Virus.
- If some Quickbooks Desktop-related files are removed.
Quickbooks Error Code 6147 0 Solutions
There are many solutions to this error; you just need to test each one at a time. You must do this before you find the best option for your specific case.
Solution 1: Copy the Backup File to Another Device
- First and foremost, ensure that the system is not being hosted.
- Now, open Quickbooks and select File from the menu.
- Then, choose utilities.
- Avoid hosting multi-user access by clicking the button.
- Simply choose Yes.
- Now, in the window that says the business file must be locked, press yes.
- Restore a backup file stored on the system.
- Check to see if the error is indeed there.
Solution 2: Install Trend Micro Antivirus Software
- Install the antivirus software.
- Go to the options menu of the antivirus app.
- Select the overlook route alternative now.
- You must disregard the business file folder.
- You must launch the Quickbooks Desktop program while keeping the Ctrl key down.
- Without any business files, the Quickbooks app will launch.
- On your keyboard, press the F2 key. This displays the product specifics along with the business file folder route.
Solution 3: Make Use of Rebuild Data
- Launch the Quickbooks app.
- Pick services from the file menu.
- You must now pick restore files.
- If you get an instant backup to take company file files, press Ok.
- Also, if you get the message “Quickbooks is not answering,” press OK.
Solution 4: Trend Micro Active Scan
- Keep down the control key and double-click on the business file.
- Without opening any business files, open the app.
- Pick the business file from the No company open slot.
- Ensure that the business file is at the top of the list.
We hope your error is no longer there. Check out our other posts on our website to fix all of your Quickbooks problems.
Even, if the error continues, do not hesitate to contact Quickbooks’ customer service support. They would undoubtedly assist you in resolving your problem.