QuickBooks is a powerful accounting app with a fantastic range of tools to help you. It is also one of the most popular accounting software programs, with millions of users worldwide. Despite its flawlessness, Intuit’s QuickBooks contains several errors that you can encounter from time to time. QuickBooks Error 6147 is one such error that you might find.
QuickBooks error 6147 0 occurs when you attempt to access a business or backup file but are unable to do so. This is normally caused by a weakened, broken, or corrupted company file. In any case, we accept that you can be disappointed as a result of this error. What we will tell is that you don’t have to!
This article will assist you in fully removing the QuickBooks error code 6147. Not just that, but we will also go into other facets of this fault in depth. So, let’s begin the article with no additional folders.
What is QuickBooks Error 6147?
QuickBooks error 6147 belongs to a series of 6000 errors that take place when you can’t restore the backup or are not able to open a company file. Many reasons can hamper this error like the wrong setup of QuickBooks, bad network connectivity, etc. It will come up with a message “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your file”.
What are the Possible Causes of Error 6147 0?
This error may occur for a variety of reasons. Let’s go over them one by one.
- If the QuickBooks file has been compromised.
- If you attempt to recover a backup file from a network disk.
- This error will occur if the name of the business file exceeds the 210-character limit.
- If your QuickBooks download was tainted.
- This error may also be caused by incorrect QuickBooks installation.
- If the Windows registry file has been corrupted.
- Your system may be under threat from Malware or a Virus.
- If some QuickBooks Desktop-related files are removed.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 6147
When QuickBooks error 6147 pops on the screen, then a lot of other factors also get affected. So, we must not only manage our QuickBooks software but also look for the symptoms.
- QuickBooks error 6147 displays on the screen.
- Your active window gets crashed and freezes.
- You are getting no response from inputs.
- The system is getting hung and turned off frequently.
Points to Keep in Mind Before Carrying out the Solutions
You must keep a backup of your company file because if your system stops working or the file gets corrupted then you will not lose your data. For that follow these simple steps:
- Open QuickBooks then from the File option select Restore Company.
- Tap on Restore a backup copy and press Next.
- Click on Local Backup and search for your backup company file.
- Lastly, select where you want to save your restored company file.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6147
There are many solutions to this error; you just need to test each one at a time. You must do this before you find the best option for your specific case.
Solution 1: Install Trend Micro Antivirus Software
Trend micro antivirus software protects your device against any malware, fraud, scam, or virus attack. So if you install it on your PC you will be able to fix this issue. Follow these steps to install it:
- Firstly, go to the official website to download the installer.
- Then open the downloaded file to run the installer.
- After that UAC window will appear just press Yes.
- Now, do follow the on-screen instructions tiil it is completed.
- At last, fill out the information to activate.
Solution 2: Make Use of Rebuild Data
Rebuild data automatically to fix your minor company file errors. So, using rebuild you can easily fix your QuickBooks error 6147. By following the instructions below:
- Tap on the File option and choose Utilities.
- Then select Rebuild the data and if you are getting an instant backup of your company file press OK.
- And if you get the message QuickBooks is not answering, press OK.
Solution 3: Run “QuickBooks File Doctor Tool”
This tool is designed in such a way that it fixes all your errors whether it is related to network connectivity or your QuickBooks company file. Do follow these steps:
- Hit on Company File issues from the tool hub.
- Then select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Wait for a few minutes till the tool fixes the issue.
- Check if the error is fixed or not.
Solution 4: Change the Name of the.ND and . TLG Files
These files are part of QuickBooks files. But if these files are damaged or corrupted then you may encounter this error. To avoid this, you should rename the files. Here is what you should do:
- Browse the folder that has your company file.
- Then find the files with extensions.ND & . TLG.
- Right-click on the file and click Rename.
- Lastly, access the company file.
Solution 5: Trend Micro Active Scan
Trend Micro Active Scan acts as a free scanner that cleans and detects viruses, worms, and other threats that can harm your computer or laptop. This will reduce the chance of errors. Just follow these steps:
- Hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and double-click on the company file.
- Without opening any company files, open the application.
- Pick the company file from the No company open slot.
- Ensure that the company file is at the top.
Read Also: How to Convert Quicken to QuickBooks?
We hope that all the solutions that we have given will help you in one way or the other to fix your QuickBooks error 6147. After doing this, if an error still exists or you are not able to understand anything then do not hesitate to contact QuickBooks customer service support.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What are the 5 common errors in QuickBooks?
- You were not keeping sales tax preferences.
- Deleting transactions.
- Forget to keep a Backup of the data.
- COA has duplicate and useless accounts.
- Not proper Admin rights have been given to users.
Q2. How do you fix payroll errors in the file you specified?
- Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Update your QuickBooks Windows.
- Setting up Internet and Firewall Settings.
Q3. How do you know if the invoice was paid?
Once you have paid the invoice, the client will close the purchase order. Then the vendor receives the check and he will send you an invoice number on the pay stub.
Q4. Does QuickBooks Payroll have 24-hour support?
Yes, 24 hours support is available via call and chat.