Quickbooks is an incredible financial management software that allows users to handle their companies’ finances hands-freely. Developed by Intuit, this software has innovative features and tools to give the best services to its clients. But recently, many users have shared their experience of encountering “Quickbooks Error 6144 82” while working on this software. This error occurs due to the improper configuration of your system settings, invalid windows registry, etc.
After receiving this error, you can’t open your company file as well as unable to perform any task on the server. Therefore, it is important to fix this nagging error as soon as possible. This informative article aims to provide you step-by-step instructions to repair Quickbooks Error 6144 82 along with its causes and symptoms.
Quickbooks Error -6144 -82: All Explained
Error 6144 82 Quickbooks appears when the system settings in your computer are configured improperly, irregularities in Windows registry. When you face this error you can’t access your company file and you are further prevented from completing the task on the main server.
The image below is similar which will appear on your screen after receiving this error.
Main Factors for QuickBooks Error 6144 82
This error doesn’t take place on its own as there are various factors that give birth to it. Look at its reasons mentioned below:
- Due to corrupt downloading of the software or improper installation.
- Any latest change made in the software increases corruption/damage in Windows Registry.
- Quickbooks-related program files or Windows system files have become damaged or corrupted due to virus attacks.
- Crucial QBs files are deleted mistakenly.
- Network issues on the server also give birth to Quickbooks Error -6144 -82.
Now that you know the causes of this error, you have got a decent idea about how you can prevent this error in the future. Let’s learn how to identify this issue.
Symptoms to Identify Quickbooks Error Code 6144 82
You can easily identify this troublesome error by reading the signs mentioned below. Also, it is quite possible that you may encounter multiple signs. Have a look:
- Windows operating system starts running slowly.
- Slow response to your commands.
- Your screen pops up a message that reads- “Error 6144 82 Quickbooks – We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- The software doesn’t function properly.
- Any open application gets immediately crashed.
- Your system starts freezing.
Now, that we have understood the reasons and symptoms of Quickbooks error 6144 82, let’s learn the fixation methods to rectify it.
Quickbooks Error 6144 82: Proven Solutions To Fix
This error can be instantly fixed using some effective solutions mentioned below. Follow all the instructions step-by-step to successfully repair the error.
Solution 1: Repairing Windows Registry
Sometimes, the Windows registry gets corrupted/damaged due to making the latest changes in QuickBooks. Perform these steps to fix it:
- First of all, tap on “Start” in your Windows.
- In the search area, write “Command” but don’t press “Enter.”
- Hold “CTRL + Shift” simultaneously and now hit “Enter.”
- After doing this, a permission dialog box will get open.
- Tap on “Yes.” After that, a black box will open immediately.
- In that black box, write “Regedit” and hit “Enter.”
- Choose the key related to Quickbooks Error 6144 82 in the Registry Editor.
- Then, tap on “File” and choose “Export.”
- Now, inside the “Save In the list”, select any folder where you need to save the QBs backup key,
- Give a name to the backup file (for example – QuickBooks Backup) in the box of “Filename.”
- After that, verify that the “Selected branch” is already selected in the box of “Export Range.”
- Tap on “Save.”
- Save that file with extension “.Reg file.”
- Now, you have a backup of QBs related registry entry
We truly hope that this advanced method will assist you out in removing the QuickBooks Error 6144 82. If yet facing the same issue, then move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Shift the Quickbooks Company File to the Original Folder
When you run the tool “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”, then it scans the file on your system and links it with the software by saving the company file’s path. If your company file is shifted to a separate folder, then QBs cannot establish connection with it and give birth to QuickBooks Error 6144 82. With this fixing step, we will shift the file to the original location and attempt to repair the error.
- First of all, open the window of “QuickBooks Product Information” by holding the F2 key.
- Take details of your company file location so that you can easily find it under the “File Information” section.
- Now reach out to the location of the “Company file” folder and see if the file is saved there.
- If you are unable to find the file in the original folder, then use the Windows search area and type .QBW.
- The Window will show all files having .QBW extension.
- Now, you have to copy the file that you need to open and paste it into the folder of “Company file.”
- In the end, try to open the company file again and see if the issue is resolved.
You Can Also Read, Download and Use Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Solution 3: Using Quickbooks File Doctor
The Quickbooks file doctor is popular for fixing numerous errors that occur in this software including Quickbooks error 6144 82. This tool saves your time because it automatically detects and repairs issues in the company file. Issue. Learn how to utilize the tool:
- The first step is to visit the Inuit site and then download the “Quickbooks Tool Hub.” Now install it.
- After that, launch the repairing tool and reach out to the “Company File Issues” section.
- Here, you need to click on “Run Quickbooks File Doctor.”
- After selecting this option, an automatic scan will get initiated.
- Now, the tool will identify the issues on its own. Also, it will repair them.
- Wait till the scanning process is concluded. Later, see, if the error is still there or not.
Solution 4: Rename .ND and .TLG Files
As we have already discussed that problem in the QBs network data (.ND) and the transaction log file (.TLG) is the major reason behind Quickbooks error 6144 82. Renaming these two files will allow the software to make new ones with no damage. The steps are:
- Firstly, open the QBs Desktop Software.
- Hold “F2” to access the window of “Product Information.”
- Note down the Company file’s location inside the “File Information” section.
- Now, reach out to the folder of “Company File” in Windows file explorer.
- Find the files having .ND and .TLG. extensions. These files have similar names as the company files. For example – company_file.qbw.tlg / company_file.qbw.nd.
- If you are unable to find the file extensions, then make some modifications to the “Folder settings” and “Windows Files.”
- For Windows 7/8 Users – Tap on “Organize” and choose “Folder and Search.”
- Now, navigate to the tab “View” and unmark “Hide extensions for the known file type.”
- Tap on “Apply” and “OK.” This step will save the changes you made.
- For Windows 10 Users: Just tap on “View” and check/mark “File Name Extensions.”
- Now you can see all files’ extensions on your PC.
- In the end, open QuickBooks and attempt to sign in to the company file.
Solution 5: Running Windows System File Checker
System File Checker is a powerful tool that assists you scan damage in system files. Here is the process to run this tool:
- First of all, tap on “Start.”
- Write “Command” in the search area. (don’t press enter).
- Hold “CTRL + Shift” simultaneously and hit “ENTER.”
- Now, a permission dialog box will come up. Tap on “Yes” there.
- After that, your screen will show a black box. Write “sfc /scannow” in that black box then hit ENTER.
- System File Checker will initiate scanning for Quickbooks Error 6144 82 and other issues related to system files. (this will take few minutes).
- Now you have to follow the commands coming on the screen.
- After that, rename all files one by one by right-clicking the file and selecting “Rename”. Also, add “OLD” at the end of the file name. (Ex- companyfile.qbw.nd.OLD).
Solution 6: Set User Permission
- First of all, open Quickbooks software and reach out to the “Company” section.
- Now, you need to select “User.”
- After that, tap on “Set-up User & Roles.”
- In the following step, you need to fill in the password to access all the information.
- After accessing the information, a “User list” will come up, from where you need to choose the “Username.”
- In the end, change the role accordingly. You are good to go!
We truly hope that you find this informative article useful and handy. The above solutions are helpful in resolving Quickbooks Error 6144 82 efficiently. In case, you need more guidance, then you can communicate with Quickbooks Customer Support anytime. The professional team is available 24×7 to assist you with the best guidance.
Now finally, it’s time to conclude our post but you can stay connected with us by reading more worthy articles on our website.