QuickBooks consists of various features but payroll steals the spotlight. Everyone can smoothly use this function in their organization for tackling various tasks. However, a minor issue can lead up to a QuickBooks payroll error. The QuickBooks error 15222 is one such issue that can stop all your ongoing work and activities.
At times, it turns out to be agitating. Even the primary functions of software do not run well. But, don’t be worried as we are here to assist you through different solutions. We only want you to go through the instructions carefully for fixing the issue. So, let’s move in without any other kind of delay.
What is QuickBooks Error 15222?
QuickBooks error 15222 appears when QBs can’t make a connection with the internet to download the updated files. This shows that your QuickBooks failed to verify the digital signature. Several other reasons can be seen like the wrong setup of internet settings or using an old version of QuickBooks.
|Error Name||Error 15222|
|Error Description||QuickBooks could not verify the digital signature for the update file|
|Cause||Internet Explorer is not functioning|
|Symptoms||Unable to download QuickBooks updates|
|Solution||Install digital signature|
|Applies to||Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8|
Why Does QuickBooks Update Error 15222 Error Occur?
There are lots of reasons that trigger the QuickBooks update error 15222. Check out all of them to root out the cause.
- You haven’t signed in as an Administrator.
- Ransom or malware attack on Windows.
- Using an old version of QuickBooks can be the reason for this error.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15222?
If your system is showing these indications then it’s good as you have recognized the QuickBooks error 15222. Have a look:
- The performance of your system slows down.
- QuickBooks error 15222 displays on your screen.
- Interruption in the downloading process of Payroll Updates.
- Active Windows gets frozen.
- QuickBooks update is not completed.
Also Read: QuickBooks File Doctor: Download And Installation Guide
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15222?
Now that you have acknowledged all the factors, it’s time to move further to kick out these factors to resolve the issue.
Solution 1: Update the QuickBooks Core Data Files
Updating QuickBooks is one of the necessary solutions as it modifies all the programs while adding new features. Therefore, try to update these core data files:
- QBUptdate.exe process
- Payroll.com Domains
Solution 2: Digital Signature Certificate Installation
- To initiate, close the QB application.
- As you may not be able to locate the digital signature while opening QuickBooks.
- Then, just move towards C:\Program file\Intuit\QuickBooks\properties.
- Choose QBW32.exe in the Properties section.
- Consequently, perform a right-click on the QBW32.exe file.
- Hit the Digital Signature button.
- Also, choose Intuit Inc from the signature list.
- Click on the Details button.
- Thereafter, pick View Certificate.
- Tap Install Certificate.
- Hit Next when you see the Finish icon on the screen.
- After that, choose Finish.
- Make sure to reboot the system once you have done these steps.
- Open QuickBooks desktop for downloading updates.
- Finally, just download the update.
Also read: QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Solution 3: Verify the Internet Connection
- The first action to take in this solution is to set Internet Explorer as the Default Browser on the system
- After that, the next step is to verify the Date and Time on the system are correct or not, if not then make it correct.
- Now, check the Cipher strength, the cipher strength has to be higher than 128 encryption.
- Once the above steps are completed, the user has to update the settings by selecting the Tools and Internet option.
Solution 4: Disable the Firewall and Network Protection
- Go to the Start Button and Right-click on it to choose the settings Option
- Now click on the Update and security option.
- In the next step, go to the left pane, select the Windows Security tab and click on the Open Windows security option.
- Inside the Window security, the user has to select the Firewall and Network Protection option.
- Now click on the Domain, Private, and Public Network one at a time and turn off the Microsoft Defender Firewall will all types of networks.
If the user performs all the above steps precisely as instructed above, then the QuickBooks error 15222 is definitely going to be erased.
These above-mentioned solutions will definitely help you to fix QuickBooks error 15222 and you can continue using QuickBooks software. Also, don’t hesitate in asking any questions related to this error. Because we are 24*7 available for your support and we feel happy if we get the chance to serve you again.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix error code 15222 in QuickBooks?
- Check your Internet connectivity.
- Download Digital Signature Certificate.
- Disable Windows Firewall.
- Upgrade your QBs core data files.
Q2. How do I open a QBB file on QuickBooks desktop?
- Firstly, open your QBs Desktop.
- Then open the company file in your QBs account.
- Tap on File option and choose Open file.
- But if you can’t find it then find a file with the .qbb extension.
Q3. How do I fix error code 6073 in QuickBooks?
- Rename corrupted or unavailable network data file.
- Display transaction log and network file.
- Run “QuickBooks File Doctor Tool”.
- Fix QuickBooks error 6073 manually.