QuickBooks Error 15222 takes place when you try to download payroll or any new updates within this financial software. This error code occurs in QuickBooks 2020, 2019, and 2021. Being a man-made software, QuickBooks is not free from uninvited technical glitches and errors. QuickBooks Update Error 15222 can snatch away your precious time and peace of mind. This is a common issue but a challenging one as it stops you from completing your crucial tasks. This is very frustrating as your work gets stopped in the middle leading to less productivity and time waste. But you can fix as well as avoid this nagging error with some preventive solutions.
In this informative post, we will discuss QuickBooks error 15222 in detail, its causes, symptoms, and fixation methods.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15222
Before fixing any kind of error, it is important to understand the main causes of the error in order to learn how can one avoid the error in the future. Some factors behind Error 15222 QuickBooks are:
- QuickBooks fails to establish a stable connection with your internet required to download the update files.
- An outdated Quickbooks version i.e. 2015 and older versions.
System security applications such as firewall applications, antivirus, anti-malware sometimes construct the software from connecting with the internet.
- You have not set up Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- You aren’t logged in with an admin account.
- Invalid date, as well as time, also triggers the software to show QuickBooks error 15222 windows 10.
Indications to Identify QuickBooks Error 15222
When this error occurs, users often mistake it with other issues. So, to help you, we have listed some signs and indications through which you can easily identify QuickBooks Error 15222 windows 7 and apply correct methods to fix it.
- You fail to download the latest payroll updates.
- QuickBooks updates fail to download.
- An error message repeatedly comes on your screen reading “QuickBooks Error 15222.”
- The software hangs for a few seconds.
- Your computer’s performance becomes very slow.
These symptoms are enough to identify this error. Let’s learn some proven troubleshooting methods.
Proven Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15222
The error 15222 QuickBooks is fixable and can be easily avoided with the help of the steps given below. You need to follow each step attentively and in order.
Method 1: Install a Digital Signature Certificate
- The first thing is to exit from QuickBooks in your system.
- You can’t see the digital signature in case you have left QuickBooks open.
- The following step is to look for ‘QBW32.exe file‘ in ‘C: \ Program Files \ Intuit \ QuickBooks‘.
- After that, tap right on ‘QBW32.exe‘, then choose ‘Properties.’
- Now, choose ‘Digital Signature‘ select the ‘Intuit Inc‘ from the available signature list.
- Then select ‘Details.’
- After this, choose the option of ‘View Certificate‘ from the window of Digital signature details.
- Now, select ‘Install Certificate.’
- After this, tap on ‘Next‘ after you see the finish icon on your computer screen.
- Now, tap on ‘Finish.’
- Once done, restart the system.
- Now again open QuickBooks to download the latest updates.
- At last, you can easily download the updates now.
Method 2: Adding QBs Processes and Domains in Security Programs Exclusion
Note: If you have an external firewall, then it is important to add the domains mentioned below to the exceptions by reaching out to the settings:
Method 3: Disable Windows Firewall
Perform the tips given below to disable Windows Firewall:
- First of all, tap on ‘Start.’
- Then, reach out to ‘Settings.’
- After that, tap on ‘Windows Security.’
- Now, tap on open ‘Windows Security’ then ‘Firewall and Network Protection.’
- Select ‘Public Network‘, then ‘Domain‘, and after that ‘private Network‘ in order.
- In the end, turn off the ‘Windows Defender Firewall.’
Way to Check your Internet Connectivity
You can do this by bypassing the router. Check out the steps:
- Disconnect the ‘Ethernet cable’ connecting the modem to your router.
- The next step is to attach that Ethernet cable to your system directly and ‘Restart‘ the ‘Router‘.
- Finally, check if your PC can identify the system linked.
Method 4: Running QuickBooks File Doctor
- Visit the Intuit site and download QuickBooks Tool.
- Now, reach out to the folder of download and tap on QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to run it.
- Tap on “I Agree” to the terms and conditions in order to install the application.
- Tap on ‘Next’ to carry on the installation process.
- After installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub, run it by tapping on the icon recently created on your desktop.
- Now reach out to the ‘Program Problems’ and choose ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor.’
- Then, choose ‘Repair this file for an existing version of QuickBooks’. Tap on ‘Next.’
- At last, after the file is successfully repaired and see if ‘QuickBooks error 15222’ is resolved.
Method 5: Validate the Internet Explorer’s Settings
- Firstly, make sure that Internet Explorer is set up as the default browser.
- Now, check that the computer’s date and time are correct.
- After that, remove all temporary Internet cache and files.
- Choose LAN settings on the tab ‘Connection.’
- Mark ‘SSL2.0 as well as SSL3.0’ checkbox beside ‘Automatically Detect Settings.’
- In the end, restart the browse.
By now, you must have successfully resolved the error 15222 Quickbooks.
To sum up, these steps are easy to apply and any new user can apply them to repair Quickbooks Error 15222. Also, make sure to check the error is gone or not after executing each step. We truly hope that this article satisfied you and helped you in fixing this nagging error. However, if the problem persists then we would recommend you to get in touch with Quickbooks Customer Support for further guidance. The expert team is 24×7 ready for you to help you out.