As we all know Quickbooks is the best accounting software around the globe. It is specially designed for small and medium-sized enterprises and non-profit organizations to keep up their work without worrying about hectic accounting and book-keeping work such as payroll, tax calculation, estimate business budget, and much more. Sometimes this powerful software stopped working due to some errors because of several reasons. When the error occurs in Quickbooks it harms your system as well as your business by delaying your productivity.
Quickbooks Event ID 4 or QuickBooks Event ID 4 is one of the errors that occur in Quickbooks Desktop because of corrupted and damaged files in Quickbooks. This error is most common in Quickbooks and often seen occurring in the company file. When this error arrives, the user is unable to process Quickbooks and the system starts crashing for a limited period repeatedly.
In this post, we will explain every bit of QuickBooks event log error along with the symptoms and reason behind it, and later on, we will discuss all possible solutions to resolve the error. So, start with a quick intro of Quickbooks error event ID 4.
What is QuickBooks Event ID 4?
When Quickbooks is running with some corrupted or damaged file the Quickbooks event ID 4 occurs. When this error occurs an error message box appears on the screen with a message stating that “Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open”.
Another error message that a user may notice is “QuickBooks Event ID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks”: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle” under Windows Event Viewer. This is a window-specific error that can affect the Quickbooks installed on the server.
If you encounter this error on your system, it’s better to analyze the factors before attempting any task to resolve the Quickbooks Event log error 4. Analyzing factors before a solution helps to understand the error more closely and also makes solutions more relatable. So let’s hop at the factors that cause the error in Quickbooks.
Factors That Triggered Quickbooks Error Event ID 4
These are the main reasons behind the Event ID 4 Quickbooks. If you take care of these factors this error never makes your work miserable anymore.
- QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted
- The system is infected by a virus or other malware.
- QuickBooks is not installed completely.
- If Windows registry has some error, error arrives
- Any of the company files got erased in QuickBooks because of some other malicious file.
- The trojan attack could be a factor in this error
There can be several reasons behind the Quickbooks error event ID 4 but in most cases, it is caused due to .NET Framework 4.0 SPI which arises because of trouble in the Windows 7 Operating system.
How do you Get to Know the Event Log Error 4 Quickbooks occurred?
There are some indications that your system will show you when Quickbooks Event log error 4 occurred. These signs show the interference of error with the system and how this error hijacked your work and stopped it in id-way.
- The Windows Operating System crashes suddenly while running
- The computer system will freeze again and again
- An error message box pop-up on the screen with Quickbooks event ID 4 messages
- Quickbooks stopped responding at a snail’s pace
- The system will not respond to input devices i.e. Keyboard and mouse.
Now, that you have all information related to Quickbooks Event log error 4 such as brief introductions, causes behind the occurrence of the error, and the symptoms that indicate your system is facing this error. So, it’s time to get ahead to the solution part, where you will relate all the factors with the solutions while resolving QB error.
How to Fix Quickbooks Event ID 4 Error?
There are many solutions to resolve this error from your system but before applying any tough method, I recommend all the readers to try Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool to erase the error without much hassle.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Go to the official site of Intuit to download the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool
- After downloading the QB Tool, save the Set-up file on your system
- Then navigate to the QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe file, select it and then click on the Run option
- Now, the License agreement page prompted on the screen clicks on the yes option.
- After this process, QB Install Diagnostic Tool is successfully installed in your system, restart your system to use it.
- First, go to the QB Diagnostic Tool.
- Click on the button “Quickbooks install Diagnostic Tool” to start the scan
- This process will take some time to scan the error from your system and resolve it.
- After the diagnosis is completed, just restart your device and make sure all the vital components for QuickBooks are updated.
This tool is also developed by Intuit to solve different kinds of installation errors in Quickbooks that are easy to use and helpful in every aspect. You can either install the Quickbooks Tool hub to use Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
Solution 2: Reinstall .Net Framework on Windows
Reinstalling .Net Framework on Windows may help to resolve Quickbooks event ID 4 because sometimes Incompatibility of Microsoft .Net Frameworks with third-party applications emerge the error and warning in Windows Event log.
- Type Windows + R key together on the keyboard to open the Run Window on the system.
- In the Open Field type Appwiz.cpl command and hit the enter button.
- Now go to the Program and feature list and select the Microsoft .Net framework here.
- After that, select the Uninstall/change option to uninstall the .Net Framework from your system.
- After the installation process is completed, restart your system
- Now go back to the Program and Feature Windows
- Navigate the mouse to the left panel and click on the Add/Remove Window feature
- Now, from the list of Program, click Microsoft .Net framework to expand
- Checkmark the first & second check box in the list and select the ok option
- Follow the instruction ported on-screen to completely uninstall the MS framework installation
- Now install the latest version of Microsoft .Net Framework after the uninstallation process is completed.
- At last, restart Windows and open the QuickBooks Manager once again
After completing the above steps check your system whether the event id 4 Quickbooks is resolved or not. If not then move to the next solution
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks using the Clean Install tool
Before attempting this method to resolve the error, it’s necessarily important to take a backup of your company file to avoid any data loss during this task performance.
- Go to the official site of Intuit and download the QuickBooks Tool hub
- Now Open the downloaded file on QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- After that click yes on the Licenses agreement page followed by the Next button
- Now Choose a destination to install the Tool and click on the Install option
- After installation of the Quickbooks tool hub, go to the 5th tab Installation Issue.
- Now click on the Clean Install tool option
- After that, the user is required to click on the I Agree option and then select the version of Quickbooks he/she is using
- Now Click on the Continue option and then hit on the Ok button
Solution 4: Try-out QuickBooks File Doctor
If non-of the solution makes your system error-free then there’s a possible corruption in the Quickbooks company file, which is a rare instance. This corruption may trigger the Quickbooks event log error 4 in your system and interrupt your work mid-way. Try Quickbooks File doctor to remove this error in no time.
- Download and install the Quickbooks Tool hub by the following instructions mention in solution 3
- After the installation process is done, open the QB Tool Hub
- Now navigate the mouse to the Company file issue Tab
- In the company file issue tab, select the QuickBooks File doctor
- In the QB File Doctor, use the drop-down list to find the company to resolve the error, or else you can also go to the browse option to search the file.
- After selecting the Company file(need diagnosis) in the search bar, then go to the Show Advance Setting section and select an option according to the damage and error on your file
- Both file damage and network connectivity
This option is recommended to select if the user is facing both file damage and network issue in the company file
- Check File Damage Only
This option is placed to select when there is only a file damage issue encountered.
- Check Network Connectivity only
This option is recommended to select when there are Network connectivity errors encountered
- From all the three options select the second option Check File damage only
- Now, enter the Admin credentials when the next page is prompted.
- After all the steps, the Quickbook file doctor starts scanning the file to determine the error (it will take some time)
- After the scanning process is completed, restart your system and check whether the Quickbooks company file is working or not.
Hopefully, the Quickbooks event ID 4 error has been rectified by these solutions. These are the most effective and possible solutions that can be used to eradicate these types of errors. Every error has to be dealt with in a different manner, and the approach to each of them is very different. Try all these processes to resolve Quickbooks event log 4 very carefully without skipping any steps, definitely redeem the error from your system.
Apart from the solution, this post also carried a brief introduction of this error along with the symptoms that your system will face during the occurrence of the error. This post also clarifies all the factors that triggered this error to arrive and interfere with your work. In any case, if you are not able to resolve the error on your own by following these methods, it’s recommended to contact Quickbooks customer support experts for a better experience. They are much informed and aware of all the errors in Quickbooks and give you specified answers to all your queries. You can contact them at any time as they are 24×7 available to help you when you need it.