QuickBooks has flawlessly maintained its place as one of the best and most relevant accounting software. This software adds commendable value and convenience to the storage of financial transactions, making it an excellent tool for small and medium-sized organizations. After all, where will you get an accounting software that does it all, from maintaining accounting, and recording transactions, to paying salaries and getting reminders for tax and other important things?
But many users are still confused about whether they can access QuickBooks remotely or not. So, in this guide, we are going to talk about QuickBooks Remote Access. You will get more clarification after reading our article. So without any further delay, let’s just jump on the main topic.
What is QuickBooks Remote Access?
Before delving into the details of how to access QuickBooks desktop remotely, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the fundamentals of QuickBooks desktop Remote access. Essentially, it is a secure server via which users may access their PC from any other machine, and all you need is a robust internet connection to do so. This fantastic QuickBooks feature will allow users to access email, documents, and many other critical items regardless of where they are. Not only that, but you can also use this functionality to transfer data from one PC to another.
Advantages of Remote Access QuickBooks 2016
When it comes to the benefits of remote access to QuickBooks desktop, the list is lengthy. Users that use QuickBooks remotely can take advantage of a variety of advantages, some of which are stated below:
- Users can move a single file or a full folder between two machines.
- They can also copy and paste between local and distant PCs.
- Not only that, but several people may collaborate on the same QuickBooks file.
- Clients and management can simply monitor the accountants’ activity.
- The advantages do not stop there; users may easily print documents from a distant PC to a local printer.
Also Read: Download the Quickbooks Clean Install tool
Pricing Range of Quickbooks 2016 Remote Access
If you wish to use QuickBooks remotely, you should be aware that this service is not free; you must pay to utilize it. There are two plans available:
- Full Desktop Access ($99.99/month)
- QuickBooks Access ($49.99/month)
Different Options for Using Quickbooks Remote Access 2016
The following choices are available to QuickBooks users in order to help them with QuickBooks remote desktop multiple user:
Through Quickbooks Online:
QuickBooks Online is one of Intuit’s most impressive cloud-based products. The user can use it from any location, as long as they have an active internet connection. The plan selected by the user determines the number of clients who collaborate on it at any one moment.
With QB Remote Access Tool:
The QuickBooks remote access feature enables users to connect to a remote machine that has the QuickBooks desktop installed on it. This utility is easily available via the official Intuit website. There is a plethora of third-party software available on the market that performs the same functions as the QB remote access tool.
By Hosting QB on Cloud:
Intuit allows authorized hosting of QuickBooks desktop software on third-party servers. Authenticated users with a suitable internet connection can access the QB software installed on the server of hosting providers regardless of location. This solution gives accounting professionals an advantage because they don’t have to invest any time or effort in installing or maintaining QuickBooks because the hosting service provider handles such chores.
Ways of Getting Quickbooks Remote Access 2016:
To utilize the QuickBooks remote access capabilities, users must first obtain the QuickBooks feature. Users can utilize any of the choices listed below to enjoy this fantastic feature on their PC.
QuickBooks Remote Access Tool
QuickBooks Remote Access is one of the choices for connecting to the system where QuickBooks Desktop is installed. Certain operations, including transferring files between local and distant computers, accessing QB data directories, printing files on the distant server using a local printer, and so on, can be completed fast.
This solution is based on the Cisco WebEx product, which typically supports and backs up communication services and online meetings. Furthermore, the remote access functionality is available as an add-on for the QuickBooks program in two editions.
QuickBooks Online is regarded as a fantastic solution that combines many of the capabilities of QB desktop with cloud-based functionality. It is essentially an Intuit solution that operates entirely in the cloud. It may be accessible at any time from any internet-connected device, and users may begin working on their accounting responsibilities. Depending on what you choose, many customers may be working together on the tool at the same time.
QB users can permit third-party servers to host approved QuickBooks Desktop Software. Furthermore, the QuickBooks placed on the server hosting provider may be simply accessible from anywhere on the internet by authenticated individuals. All of the major functions of the desktop program are available to users across all platforms such as desktops, laptops, smartphones, and so on. Furthermore, it provides an advantage to accounting experts because they do not have to do any installation efforts because the hosting providers handle these concerns. Not only that but there is multi-user cooperation, as well as a better and simplified QuickBooks Add-on connection.
How to Access QuickBooks Remotely?
The techniques outlined here are a godsend for QuickBooks customers who want to access QuickBooks remotely. Thus, in order to use QuickBooks Remote Access, follow the instructions outlined below.
- On the Intuit website sign up for Quickbooks Remote Access.
- The following step is to access the account using the QuickBooks Remote Access website. Before signing in, users must start a web browser on the machine from which they want to access QuickBooks remotely.
- Click on “Setup computer” to obtain the remote access tool installation file.
- Enter a computer nickname in the “Nickname” section and then click “Next.”
- After that, select the boxes next to the options you want to use every time you log into a remote session. “Use full-screen view by default,” “Disable this computer’s keyboard and mouse,” “Automatically drop screen resolution to match,” and “Make this computer’s screen blank” are just a few of the options available.
- After that, check the boxes next to the programs you want to be able to access remotely from this computer. It should be emphasized that for a little monthly price, you may only access your QuickBooks accounts. Then click the “Next” button.
- Check the box next to the verification option you want to use. Enter either a phone number or a passcode. When you choose the passcode option, you may input the passcode on the login screen every time you visit QuickBooks. The phone number option, on the other hand, requires that the tool contact you and then question you for the access code every time you log in. Finally, press the “Finish” button.
Alternate Way for Quickbooks Remote Accessing
After you’ve finished configuring the remote access tool, it’s time to put it to use. Let us have a look at the measures that must be taken:
- The first step is to run a web browser on a distant computer and then log in to your QuickBooks Remote Access account on the website.
- After that, tick the box where you defined a computer nickname and then click on the “Connect” option.
- Now, either use the password or phone authentication to approve your desktop. When the remote tool contacts you and asks for the passcode, enter it into the phone.
- Once you’ve finished your session, click on the Remote Access drop-down menu and then on the End QuickBooks Remote Access Session button.
Security Concerns Regarding QuickBooks Remote Access
When it comes to security, your data is completely safe with QuickBooks. They use high encryption software to protect your data. Even in multi-user mode, there are no security threats. However, when it comes to multi-user mode, you need to be very careful regarding whom you are giving access to QuickBooks. Because if you share your account details like password and username with someone who is not trustable, there can be chances of data leak and company file damage.
Accounting operations are undeniably secret for all businesses, regardless of sector, and there is a need for a security check at each level. You need a trustworthy method to gather information and carry out accounting procedures for both offline and digital activities. QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Remote Access are both effective and dependable solutions with dependable security safeguards. As a result, it is best to stick to the tried-and-true remedies.
Also Read: Quickbooks Online Journal Entry – Explained
All in all, QuickBooks remote access is a very useful feature of QuickBooks. With this feature, multiple people can access the same QuickBooks account at the same time. However, if you opt for a QuickBooks multi-user, you need to be very careful regarding with whom you are sharing the remote access and your QuickBooks password and username. Make sure that you share it with trustable people only to prevent any data leaks and data misuse. We will conclude this blog post with the hope that it will be beneficial for you. We hope that all your doubts related to QuickBooks Remote Access 2016 have been resolved. Our team of professionals is going to be there to guide you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I log into QuickBooks Online from another computer?
Yes, by storing your QBs product and data files on the server you can use your QuickBooks anywhere and anytime.
Q2. How much does QuickBooks remote access cost?
QuickBooks remote access costs $3.95 per month per computer and there is no long-term contract required.
Q3. Is QuickBooks Remote Access still available?
Yes, QuickBooks remote access is still available. For this, you will need to switch your QuickBooks account from single-user mode to multi-user mode. This way, multiple people would be able to access your QuickBooks account from different locations.