QuickBooks Error 15241 is an error related to the issues in the Payroll functions. The issue will restrict the QuickBooks Desktop application from properly updating. It can occur due to the disabling of the File Copy Service of QuickBooks Desktop.
The QuickBooks Payroll software helps business owners, bookkeepers, and accountants to manage their business payroll process effortlessly and without any hassle. The error in the payroll generally occurs when the initial input data is wrong.
If you are also facing any of the issues and can not use the software properly, then read the whole article till the end. We have discussed the symptoms that generally users face, the cause that arises the problem, and also the solution of the QuickBooks update Error 15241. So let’s get into the article.
What is QuickBooks Error 15241?
There are many factors that lead to a payroll error. The damaged QuickBooks Desktop Installation or the corrupted Microsoft Windows Installer can trigger the error to arise. The error 15241 QuickBooks does not allow the user to conveniently use the QuickBooks Payroll function. You might face an error usually while updating or installing the new version of payroll.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15241
The user generally faces the following symptoms while facing the QuickBooks Update Error 15241. If you are struggling with some issue in your QuickBooks software read the points below to identify the error.
- The user might also receive a notification to update the QuickBooks payroll.
- Due to the QuickBooks update error 15241, the user could not install the updated version of QuickBooks Payroll.
- Your system might also get crashed due to the error 15241 QuickBooks.
- The Windows run slow and do not appropriately respond to the input of the keyboard or mouse.
- If you are experiencing sluggishness in your device then chances are you are facing the QuickBooks Update error 15241.
Causes of QuickBooks Update Error 15241
Below are a few reasons for the occurrence of the error 15241 QuickBooks.
- The QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) might be set as disabled. As the FCS is very important for the QuickBooks software and the payroll service.
- The file that you have downloaded could be corrupted.
- You did not have successfully installed the QuickBooks software.
- If the Windows registry files are damaged or corrupted then it may also cause the error to arise.
- QuickBooks Error 15241 might have occurred due to some Trojan attack.
- Some essential QuickBooks files got removed or deleted from the device.
- The third-party antivirus program might be blocking the updated file and hence you are facing the error 15241 QuickBooks.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 15241
We have discussed the causes and symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 15241. Now it is time to look for the solution to the error. So without further ado let us directly jump into it.
For Windows 8/ 7/ Vista Users:
If you are a user of Windows 7/ 8/ or Vista then you should follow the following steps to solve the problem on your system.
- The first step is to close the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Click on the option Windows Start button and then tap on the Computer option.
- Choose the Manage tab.
The user of all the versions can follow the steps up to these, after that we have different steps for different versions of Windows. So read the steps of the version that you are using.
For Windows 10 Users-
The user who is facing the QuickBooks error 15241 Windows 10, follows the steps to resolve the problem.
- Firstly, you have to tap on the option of Services, and then from the left pane tap on the Applications.
- Hit on the Services from the right pane.
- Double-click on the Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- Tap on the Start option and choose the OK option.
- Now again open the software QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the updated QuickBooks Desktop product.
- Lastly, Update the latest payroll tax tables.
For Windows XP Users-
The users of Windows XP should follow the steps below to solve the QuickBooks error 15241.
- The first and important step before solving the error is to close or exit from the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Desktop and then right-click on the option of My Computer and choose Manage from the list.
- The above steps will lead you to Open Computer Management.
- Click on the option Services from the Services and Applications tab to open the Services Windows.
- Now scroll down and look for the option “Intuit QuickBooks FCS.” It will take you to the QuickBooks FCS Properties window.
- Tap on the General Tab and choose the option Startup.
- You will have a drop-down list tap on the option of Manual in that list.
- Click on the OK button after following the steps.
- Open the software QuickBooks Desktop again.
- Update the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Make sure that you also have updated the Payroll tax tables.
- Go to the options Employees on the header menu and tap on the Get Payroll Updates from the drop-down list.
- Choose the tab Update.
- During the downloading process, you will get a displayed message that says, “A new tax table and/ or updates to your payroll tax forms have been installed on your payroll tax forms have been installed on your computer.”
- At the end tap on option OK to finish the process and read about the changes on the screen.
Also Read: 5 Simple Methods to Resolve Error 15106 Quickbooks
Bonus Solutions: Update QuickBooks Desktop
You can also set your system to automatic update settings to avoid manual updating of the software. There are various tools and applications that will help you with the automatic update. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, Tap on the option “Help” and then select ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop.’
- After that, look for the tab “Option” and click on it.
- Hit the “Yes” button to automatically update.
- Then click the Close tab.
If you are still getting the error 15241 then try to contact the customer service of the software. You can access the Helpline number of QuickBooks from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks. We have tried to cover all the related points regarding the QuickBooks payroll update error 15241. Hopefully, the article was helpful and informative for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix error code 15106 in QuickBooks?
- Disable User Account Control.
- Perform Installation in Selective Startup.
- Sign in as Administrator.
- Stop Antivirus and then change the name of the folder.
Q2. How do I fix error code 15270 in QuickBooks?
- Correct Employer Identification Number.
- Install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Upgrade Payroll Manually.
- Run “Reboot.bat” file.
Q3. How do I fix a QuickBooks license error?
- Get the latest release of QuickBooks.
- Turn Off Antivirus Protection.
- Remove QuickBooks Entitlement Data File.