The user encounters the QuickBooks payroll error 15107 at the time of updating the QuickBooks payroll or desktop. Getting this error on your system may leave you all worried and anxious. But, you don’t have to be worried much as the best solutions are on the way. You just have to go through the sections below to get into the troubleshooting techniques.
QuickBooks payroll provides the best user experience when integrated with accounting software. However, it can also show various errors and issues when not updated to the latest release or different other causes. We have prepared a list below to know all the possible reasons that trigger this error. Therefore, if you are facing it then it might be happened due to these reasons behind.
What Triggers to QuickBooks Error 15107
Although there are lots of reasons, we have picked the most common. So, get into the list and learn what they are:
- Incomplete update of QuickBooks desktop.
- Corruption within the Windows registry.
- Ongoing QuickBooks updates are closed forcefully.
Any of these causes can be responsible for QuickBooks update error 15107. The user needs to move in and learn basic solutions to fix this irritatable issue.
Top Ways to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15107
You can apply as many solutions to simply resolve this error issue. Below is provided a full step-by-step guide for each solution. So, just move in and learn.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor is known to resolve every minor and major issue within the company file. You can easily use it on your device. Well, below are provided the steps that will help you in accessing this tool.
- To initiate, head towards the official site of Intuit.
- Thereafter, search for the “QuickBooks tool hub”
- You need to download and install the tool by following the guidelines.
- Then, just launch the downloaded file.
- Make sure that it should be saved as a “QuickBooksToolHub.exe” file.
- After successfully launching it, head towards the “Company File Issues” tab.
- You need to then tap on “Run QuickBooks File Doctor”.
- The tool will open.
- You are required to select the relevant company file which is corrupted.
- If you get some issues while finding it then tap on the “Browse” option.
- Consequently, tap “Check your file and network”.
- Hit the “Continue” button.
- Next, specify the “admin password” of your QuickBooks.
- Tap “Next” and you are good to go running the tool.
- Wait till scanning gets started on your system.
- The process may take some time more while scanning the files.
- Also, it depends on the size of your company file.
- Make sure that the issue will be automatically resolved after completing the scanning.
- However, if you find the same error again then the cause might be something else.
- Don’t continue your work after scanning.
- First, shut down your computer and then proceed ahead.
Solution 2: Install Digital Signature Certificate
Not installing the digital signature certificate can lead to the issue. So, get into the steps below to know how to do it.
- Go to the following section “C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks XX”.
- Make sure the XX here represents the version of your QuickBooks.
- Head towards the upper right side of your screen.
- Try to locate the “search bar”.
- Then, specify “QBW32.exe”.
- Get into the “Open list” and perform a right-click on the same.
- Hit the “Properties”.
- Thereafter, try to find out the “Digital Signatures”.
- Choose “Intuit” from the list that appears.
- Head towards the “Details”.
- After that, tap the “View Certificate” button.
- Select the “Install Certificate”.
- Hit “Next” continuously till the Finish tab appear.
- Restart your system after completing the import.
- Try to update the changes that you have made.
- Also, download the latest updates.
Solution 3: Run Reboot.bat File
- Make sure that the QuickBooks desktop is closed to proceed further.
- Head towards the “QuickBooks” icon.
- Then, “right-click” on the icon.
- Choose the “Properties” tab.
- After that, select the tab “Open File Location”.
- Navigate directly towards the upper-right search option.
- Specify “reboot/reboot.bat” there.
- Hit any of the two options reboot or reboot.bat extension.
- Subsequently, perform a right-click and choose “Run as Administrator”.
- Hit Yes if you see any kind of message on the screen.
- Restart the system to make and save all the changes.
- Also, open the QuickBooks software.
- Make sure to hit the “Update Now” button whenever you receive the prompt.
Solution 4: Download the Update
- Close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Go to the following location “C:\ProgramDataIntuit\QuickBooksXX\Components”.
- XX here represents the QuickBooks version.
- The user needs to change the old name by adding the “.OLD” extension there.
- This will rename your folder.
- Then, open the QuickBooks desktop.
- Head towards the “Help menu”.
- Try to locate the “Update QuickBooks desktop” option.
- Consequently, choose the “Update Now” button.
- Put a tick mark when you see the option titled “Reset the Updates”.
- Now, if you find any newest releases then try to download them on the system.
- Also, choose the “Get Updates” option.
- Just wait till the downloading procedure is going on.
- Make sure to restart QuickBooks after completing the downloads.
- Hit the “Install now” option to install these updates on your device.
Solution 5: Reinstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup
It is always recommended to note down the product and license number before uninstalling your QuickBooks desktop. This way you save yourself from getting into the worst situation. If you don’t know where to locate these credentials then head towards the Product information window by hitting Ctrl + 1 and F2 buttons. Once done, just carry out the steps.
- Initially, access the “Run” window.
- Press Windows + R buttons to do so.
- Now, specify “msconfig” inside the field.
- Hit the OK button.
- Choose the “General” button when the window opens.
- Make sure to tap on the same.
- Then, head towards the “Selective Startup” tab.
- Remove the mark from the box beside “Load Startup items” if it is marked.
- Hit OK.
- Choose “Restart” when you see any message.
- Now, just uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks desktop.
After reinstalling QuickBooks, you need to go back to the normal startup mode. So, if you don’t know how to do it, take the help with one more solution.
Solution 6: Enable Normal Startup mode
As you have modified the setting with a selective startup so try to switch it back to the normal startup mode with the assistance of these steps provided below.
- Initiate the procedure by opening your “Run” window.
- You can also press the Windows + R buttons to access it.
- Then, insert “Msconfig” on the field.
- Hit OK.
- Make sure to search for the “Normal Startup”.
- Hit on the same option.
- Choose “Apply”.
- Thereafter, hit OK.
- Finally, just restart the system to save all the recent changes made by you.
Solution 7: Configuration of Internet Explorer
The user can get several problems during installing the QuickBooks updates when the security is high. Therefore, it is recommended to examine the Internet settings and configure the websites as medium-high.
- Open your system.
- Then, head towards the “Internet Explorer”.
- Choose the “Settings” button thereafter.
- You can find the option on the upper right.
- Hit the “Tools” button.
- Thereafter, choose “Internet Options”.
- Moreover, click on the “Security” button.
- Hit on the Internet button beside the globe button.
- Also, set the website zone as medium-high if it is not set like it.
Now, just restart your system. Also, ensure the date and time there.
All these solutions would provide the best assistance to kick out the irritable QuickBooks update error 15107. We hope that the guide above has fixed all of your doubts and queries regarding this update issue. Well, it is not the only issue but several more appear during QuickBooks updates and installation. So, don’t get confused and anxious. Just get into this one platform and learn different top ways to remove this error out of the device.