You may have to print documents via Quickbooks because of different reasons. But, there are times when a user may encounter Quickbooks printing problems while trying to print a document. This may happen because of the corrupted and missing Quickbooks components from your system. It can also occur when there are some issues with your printer’s hardware or software. Other than this, there can be some other reasons due to which you may encounter issues which we have discussed in the next section of the article.
Triggers of Quickbooks Printing Problems
To resolve the issue easily, you must be aware of all the causes of the error. Here, we have listed all the triggers of the Quickbooks not printing issues.
- Quickbooks can not connect to the XPS document writer.
- The XPS writer is missing from your system.
- Quickbooks is unable to save the file in pdf form.
- Different issues may occur while connecting Quickbooks to the printer.
- Also, the Quickbooks application may not be able to communicate with your company file.
- Communication issues may lead to issues in converting print.
- The PDF converter is not activated on your system.
- Whenever, you attempt to save the file as pdf, the Quickbooks application freezes.
List of Quickbooks Printing Problems
So, Quickbooks printing problems may occur on the system in different forms. Below we have listed all the types of printing issues that may occur on your system.
- Quickbooks application may not respond
- Quickbooks is unable to save the document as a pdf
- Not printing checks correctly.
- Error code 1722
- The application will freeze when you attempt to reconcile your accounts.
- Users can not print directly using a Pdf converter.
- Print driver has stopped working on your system.
- The print converter’s status is offline.
- Unable to print to the printer
- The user is unable to complete the current process because of the missing component on the system.
- Error codes like 20, 41, or 30 may occur when activating the Quickbooks converter.
- A device may not be ready.
- Unrecoverable error in Quickbooks
Troubleshooting Methods for Quickbooks Printing Problems
By now we hope that you are aware of all the causes of the Quickbooks printing issues. Below we have listed all the methods that you can use to troubleshoot Quickbooks errors.
Method 1: Check if the Printer is Fine
To make sure that your printer is working fine, you will have to take a printout. You can use any text editor for the same. Here’s what you need to do:
- To start with, tap on the start icon on your screen. Now, in the search box, type Notepad.
- The notepad application will open on the screen. You will have to type anything on the Notepad application.
- When done, choose your document and tap on the print option.
- Now, you will have to select your preferred printer and tap on Print.
- In case your printer does not work or print any document, you will have to switch to the next method.
Method 2: Change the Name of Printing File
Now, another reason for which you may encounter Quickbooks not printing issues is that there are some issues with the printing file. Renaming the printing file may help you to get rid of the issue. Here are all the steps that you will have to follow.
- To start with, you will have to look for the qbp file and then right-click on the same.
- From the menu, you will have to tap on the rename option. Now, you will have to change the name of the file by adding OLD at the end of the name of the file.
- When done, start Quickbooks on the system and then tap on the File option.
- Now, from the menu, choose the printer setup option.
- After this, from the list of all the form names, you will have to tap on any of the transactions. A new QBprint.qbp fil will be then created on the system.
- When done, you will have to tap on the OK button.
- In the end, you will have to try opening or printing a transaction.
Method 3: Change the Folder Permissions for Temp Folder
In case you are still facing Quickbooks won’t print issue, you need to start your system again and then attempt to print the file. If you are still not able to resolve the issue, you will have to reset the folder permissions. For this, you will have to follow the steps listed below.
- To start with, you will have to open the Run window on the system. For this, press the Windows and R keys together.
- You will then have to type temp in the search box and then press enter key.
- Next, the temp folder will open on the screen. You will have to then right-click on the folder and then tap on the properties option.
- In the properties folder, you will have to hover to the security option and then choose the username and groups option. Choose Full control.
- In the end, you will have to save it as a pdf after you will set the permissions to full control.
Method 4: Delete Your Printer File
Another method that you can use to fix Quickbooks not printing issues is to remove the printer file from the system. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to look for the printing files and then change the name of the file by adding OLD at the end of the name.
- You will then have to start Quickbooks and then start the Quickbooks file on your system.
- Now, you will have to choose your file and then choose the printer setup.
- Next, from the form name, you will have to select any transaction and then tap on the OK button.
- With these steps, you will be able to reset all the printer settings.
Method 5: Printing a Test Page
So, if you are facing issues while printing a document within Quickbooks, you can try printing a test page. Here are the steps that you have to follow.
- First, you will have to turn off your printer and then start your device again. When done, start your printer again.
- Now, you will have to ensure that you have loaded all the papers correctly and there are enough papers in the tray.
- Next, you will have to tap on the windows icon and then open the Control panel on your system.
- You will now have to go to the printer and faxes tab.
- After this, you will have to check if your printer is online or offline. If the printer status is offline, you will have to right-click on the same and then choose the Use printer online option.
- Look for the printer and then double-click on the same.
- Check if any job is present in the printing queue. If there is any job present, choose to cancel all the documents.
- When done, you will have to end the window.
- Now, go to your printer and then right-click on it. From the menu, choose the properties option. You will then have to choose to print a test page.
- In case the print test page works properly, you will have to try printing the document via Wordpad.
- For this, you will have to go to the start icon on the screen and then open the Run window.
- You will then have to type WordPad and hit the enter key.
- Type something in the WordPad and then choose the file and print tab.
- Now, you will have to make sure that there is no LED turned on for error.
- In case you face any issue, you will talk to the support team regarding error lights, the printer won’t print test page issues.
Method 6: Use Quickbooks PDF and Print Tool
Intuit offers Quickbooks pdf and print tools to assist user-repair Quickbooks won’t print issue. You can either download the tool from the official website or use the Quickbooks tool hub for the same. Here are all the relevant steps for you.
- To begin with, make sure that you are not using the Quickbooks application on the system.
- You will now have to open Intuit website and then look for the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Now download the latest version of the tool on your system.
- After this, tap on the downloaded file and then agree to the terms and conditions. When done, complete the installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Next, you will have to double-tap on the tool hub icon.
- In the tool hub window, tap on the program problems tab.
- Under this tab, you will have to choose to run Quickbooks pdf and print repair tools.
- The tool will now take some time to load and scan the system. Sit back and wait till the process completes.
- On completion, check if you can print the document or save the form as a pdf.
We hope that with the help of this article, you will be able to fix Quickbooks won’t print issue. Still, if the error persists, you can contact the support team and seek assistance.