QuickBooks is a well-known and well-designed piece of software with a wealth of advanced capabilities. Glitches and technical errors are, nevertheless, unavoidable technicalities. QuickBooks users may encounter several issues when exploring the software’s capabilities and abilities, one of which is QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel. This issue can be encountered by many QuickBooks users.
In today’s article, we will show you how to fix QuickBooks that won’t export to excel. For that, stick to the page. Let’s go.
Why Won’t QuickBooks Export to Excel – Explained
Sometimes you may see that QuickBooks is not able to export to excel due to some issues like less space, a hard drive, and a small processor. It might be possible that you will lose your important files and reports as the system gets crashed anytime. Your MS Excel should not be damaged.
Causes of QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel Error
The following are the most prevalent causes:
- Your MS Excel is damaged or corrupted.
- In case your QuickBooks application is not working.
- The QBs program is outdated.
- The file registry is not workable.
Elements that lead to QuickBooks won’t Export to Excel
These elements can appear if your system doesn’t gather the requirements for the QBs program to function properly. Among these requirements are:
- QuickBooks Payroll needs an active internet connection to print forms.
- It requires 2 to 4 GB RAM and a high intel core duo.
- You need 250 MB of disk space.
- QBs need Mac 2016 R5 or Mac OS 10.10.2.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel Error?
Below is a list of a few steps that you can follow if your QuickBooks won’t export to excel:
Solution 1: Disable UAC Temporarily
UAC protects your system from any malware or virus attack. But to resolve QuickBooks won’t export to excel you need to disable it temporarily. Do follow these steps:
- Enter UAC in the Windows Start option.
- Choose Change User Account Control Settings.
- Then move towards Never notify and restart your PC.
Solution 2: Update your QBs Software
By updating your software you are able to resolve many of your problems. For that follow the instructions given below:
- Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop from Help.
- Then click on Options and press Yes to on automatic updates.
- Lastly, tap on Close.
Solution 3: Repair “Microsoft Excel”
As the problem relates to excel files so to resolve it you need to repair your Microsoft excel. Do this procedure to repair it:
- Tap on File and select Open.
- Now, go to the location and find the folder that is corrupted.
- Choose a corrupted workbook from the Open dialog box.
- Hit on Open and select Open & Repair.
Solution 4: Export by Using the Correct Method
It is also possible to encounter issues when exporting an Excel file using the wrong method. You can avoid it by following the right procedure for exporting Excel files from QuickBooks.
- From the Customer Center, choose Transactions and then navigate the transactions.
- Now, tap on the transaction that you want and click on Transaction Journal.
- Lastly, visit Excel and then select Create a new worksheet to export.
Also Read: How to find QuickBooks License Number?
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Export to Excel Not Working on Mac
You will need to follow the steps as described if you are using QuickBooks for Mac:
- Firstly, you need to check if MS Excel is suitable for QBs or not.
- Then see if QuickBooks have fulfilled all the requirements.
- After that, you need to install it again on your PC and do the registration process.
- Now, you will need to reinstall QuickBooks and register.
This brings us to the end of this post, with the goal that by reading it, the user will be able to cope with situations such as QuickBooks won’t export to excel. You can check out other articles as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What version of Excel works with QuickBooks?
Excel Version of 2010, 2013, 2016, and 365 works with QuickBooks.
Q2. How to export files from QuickBooks?
- Choose Utilities from the File option and then select Export.
- Now, click on Lists to IIF Files and tap on the list you want to export.
- Finally, search for the place where you want to save your file.
Q3. What is an IIF file?
IIF files are those that QBs desktops use to import or export lists or transactions.