Are you searching for troubleshooting ways to fix QuickBooks Script Error? So, we are here to assist you by providing all the information about the QuickBooks Script error. This error occurs on your system when you try to access the web page from the QuickBooks program. Want to know more about this then read till the end and follow the below-given method to resolve the error correctly.
Whenever a user opens a web page then a certain feature is connected with the QuickBooks server to execute functions. If QuickBooks can’t connect with those functions then you may face the “QuickBooks script Error Code 0” issue on your system. When this error appears you may also receive an error message like “An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 22 char 2 error..” or “QuickBooks script error for line 7 char 5” or “QuickBooks Script error unable to get property length of undefined or null reference”.
Causes of QuickBooks Script Error
Script error in QuickBooks occurs due to different reasons and below we mentioned some of the common reasons that may encounter this error on your system:-
- If you try to import data from a non-existing account then this error may take place.
- Malware attacks on computers can lead to this error.
- If the script debugging feature is enabled.
- If the QuickBooks Data file is damaged then this error occurs on your system.
- The Corrupted Window User can also be the reason this error occurs.
- It may also be triggered by ActiveX components.
Some other Causes of Error
- The firewall settings or the other third-party application is blocking.
- If you insert the account name and number that are already used then it may appear on your system.
- When the cache of Internet Explorer is corrupted.
- It occurs when the browser is not configured properly to QuickBooks.
- When Internet Explorer is running and you make a page request then this error gets triggered.
- When the QuickBooks is not synced with the Internet explorer.
Symptoms of Script Error
Here are the following list that help you to identify the error or issues to resolve it:-
- When the error occurs then an error message appears on your screen when entering the bank feeds from the online bank website.
- You may face the processing time out issue when the QuickBooks online take more loading time.
- Internet Explorer starts getting a slow performance.
- When your system starts responding slow to your keyboard and mouse.
- When you log in and a window will block you.
- If you log into QuickBooks Online Internet Explorer and you face a script error message.
- When you aren’t able to access a web page of QuickBooks.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Script Error
There are some methods to follow to troubleshoot QuickBooks Script Error. Below are the steps mentioned, follow them correctly:-
Method 1- Error Occurs while Importing
- Firstly, open ‘internet explorer’.
- Then, visit the ‘Tools menu’ and click on the ‘Internet option’.
- Tap on “Alt Key”. if you aren’t able to find then it will display on the entire hidden menu.
- Then, click on ‘Advanced Tab’ and select it.
- Now, clear the display notification about the script error box.
- Lastly, you have to click on the Ok button.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Then, click on the Tools option that is located at the right corner of Internet Explorer.
- Now, select the Safety and security option and tap on Delete History.
- After that, mark on the checkbox of Cookie and website data and then click on delete.
- Now, wait to delete the history of the browser.
- Lastly, close the internet explorer and reopen it.
Method 3- Clear SSL Certificate
- Firstly, open the internet explorer and choose the Gear icon.
- Then, go to the content tab and click on the Clear SSL state tab.
- Lastly, tap on Ok to save all the changes.
You may also like : Top Ways to Fix QuickBooks Installer Error 1722
Method 4- Add Intuit as Trusted Site
- Initially, open the Internet Explorer and then the gear icon.
- Then, go to the tool section on the browser and then visit the Security tab.
- Now, you have to select the trusted site and select the sites tab.
- Enter the HTTP://*. Intuit.com and then add to the zone field of the website.
- Then, carry out the steps for HTTPS://* .quickbooks.com
- Select the close option and get out of the trusted site’s window.
- Now select the custom level and scroll down to below.
- Choose the enable button and tap on Ok.
- Now, click on the apply button and tap on the Ok key to close the Internet window option.
- At last, you have to restart internet explorer and apply the changes.
- Verify whether Script Error QuickBooks is resolved or not.
Method 5- Install QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, go to the official website of Intuit and download the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Now, open the downloaded file and install the tool.
- Then, double click on the tool to start the process of the install.
- When the process is completed, the result will appear on your screen.
- The result display no error found then which means that there is no issue with files.
- Lastly, the error is detected then resolve the error.
Method 6- Remove or Uninstall ActiveX File
- Open the Internet Explorer and go to the ‘options’.
- Then, click on the settings tab.
- After that, click on the view objects tab.
- Then, check all ActiveX files installed in the system.
- Search for the file name that starts with the qboax like qboax11 or qboax11.dll.
- Lastly, close all internet-explorer that running in the background of windows and then delete the files.
Method 7- Disable Add-ons on Internet Explorer
- Initially, open the Internet Explorer and visit the tools sections.
- Then, select internet options.
- Click on the program tab.
- After that, press the hit button on the manage add-ons options.
- Lastly, choose to disable add-ons functions and tap on the Ok button.
- At first, open Internet Explorer and then go to the tools and tap on internet options.
- Then, click on the advanced tab.
- Now, click on the reset to default.
- Last, click on the Apply and Ok button to save the all changes.
- So, Check whether the script error in QuickBooks is resolved.
In the above article, we discuss the methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Script Errors. We hope that these steps will resolve all the errors or issues in your system. If you want to know more or troubleshoot any other issues then check out our posts.