QuickBooks is one of the best software compared to the other e-accounting solutions available in the market. We also know that standards change with time and we need to match with those updated standards to continue the use of accounting. But you have seen that sometimes when you are trying to download these updates you see an error message flashing on the screen that is QuickBooks error 15101.
In this post further, we will discuss the overview of QuickBooks error 15101, its causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting methods. So, stick to the article. Let’s start.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15101
There are some following causes of QuickBooks Error 15101:-
- Digital signature certificate uninstall: This certificate is needed to make sure the security of the internet connection and the data. If it is corrupted or installed inappropriately then updating QuickBooks becomes difficult.
- Internet settings improper: While downloading payroll updates then make sure that there is no discrepancy. If there is any problem then it may lead to occur many QuickBooks errors.
- .exe not running properly: QBWebconnector.exe is a program that helps to connect to the Intuit website through a secure connection and updates can be downloaded safely. If there is an issue then it leads to this error on your system.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15101
Symptoms are just the warning signs that alert you that if you see any of these signs you will see this error. Some of them are:
- Your Window crashes frequently.
- The PC gets frozen.
- It will make your screen blue.
- You will see no response is coming from input commands.
- The system started working in very bad condition.
Methods to Resolve Error Code 15101 QuickBooks
Below are some methods to resolve the QuickBooks Update Error 15101. Follow all the steps correctly:-
Method 1- Install Latest Digital Signature Certificate for QuickBooks
When you try to download QuickBooks Payroll updates then the intuit server sends a request to verify the digital signature of QuickBooks Desktop. If it is missing then you have to install it by following the below-mentioned steps:-
- Initially, close the QuickBooks and go to the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Now, search for the QBW32.exe files and click on them.
- Then, click on the properties option and go to the Digital Signature tab.
- Make sure that in the signature list Intuit is selected.
- Now, open the Details tab and click on the View certificate that is under the digital signature detail windows.
- Then, under the certificate click on the install certificate and tap on next.
- Lastly, click on the finish and reboot your system.
- After that reopen the QuickBooks and try to download the update. If the QuickBooks error code 15101 is still there after that then follow the next steps.
Method 2- Rename QuickBooks Component Repair Folder
QuickBooks will automatically create a new file for the system when the folder consisting of the damaged or corrupted file is renamed by the below-mentioned steps:-
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks then go to these two paths:-
- C:\Program File\Intuit\QuickBooks 20[YY]\ Components.
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\QUickBooks 2020\Components
- Click on the components folder and then choose Rename.
- Now, add.OLD in the last of the file name and tap on entering.
Method 3- Reset All the Previous Updated
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop and then go to the Help menu.
- Then, click on Update QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Update Now options.
- After that, tap on the Reset Update checkbox and click the button on getting Updates.
- When the download is completed then reboot your QuickBooks.
- Again open the Help menu and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Lastly, click on Update Now, under the overview tab.
Method 4- Update QuickBooks in Safe Mode
The third-party programs will interfere in downloading the payroll or QuickBooks update. If you run your system on safe mode then only the necessary program in windows will operate when completing the download process.
- Firstly, close QuickBooks and off your device.
- Then restart the computer and press and hold the shift and power buttons.
- Now, click on the Troubleshoot under the Choose an options tab.
- After that, tap on the Advance option and select Startup Settings.
- Click on Restart and choose the no. 5 from the list.
- When your computer opens in safe mode then download the QuickBooks Update.
- Lastly, the download process is complete then restart your computer to normal mode.
Method 5- Check Internet Explorer Settings
- Initially, ensure that Internet Explorer is set to be the default browser.
- Then, check the date and time on your system are correct.
- After that, open Internet Explorer and visit the Intuit official website.
- Press the Alt key to open the menu bar and tap on the file option.
- Now, under the connection click on Properties, and search for the number before the “bit encryption”.
- If the number is below 128 then the internet explorer is damaged. Update internet explorer again.
- If the strength is 128 then go to the settings and click on the tools.
- After that, choose internet options and visit the General tab.
- Then, tap on Delete and select Temporary Internet files.
- Click on delete again and go to the Connection tab.
- Now under the LAN settings, ensure that checkbox near to Automatically detect setting is marked check and the proxy server is blank.
- After that, click on the OK key twice and go to the Advanced tab.
- Then, verify the below following things in the Advanced tab:
- SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are marked.
- Check for the publisher’s certificate is clear.
- TLS 1.2 is checked and TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 are not marked.
Method 6- Run Quick Fix My Program
If you are facing a problem in the QuickBooks Desktop program then Quick Fix my program can automatically detect and resolve it. So, if you don’t have QuickBooks Tool Hub then download it from the official website of Intuit. Then, follow the below step to run the tool:-
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and then go to the Program Problem tab.
- Then, select the Quick Fix My Program and wait to complete the scan.
- When scanning complete restart the QuickBooks Desktop and then click on company files.
- If still you can not update then again open the tool hub and choose company file issues.
- Lastly, click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor and then follow all the instructions that appear on your screen to fix the issues.
Method 7- Run Reboot.bat File
- First of all, close the QuickBooks.
- Click on the QuickBooks icon and then choose properties.
- Now, visit the shortcut tab and tap on an open file.
- Search for the reboot.bat file from the list that appears on your screen.
- Then, click on the file and select Run as admin.
- Tap on yes to get permission. Then the CMD window will open and scroll the different files.
- After that, reboot your system.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks Desktop and tap on install to download the latest released updates.
Method 8- Perform Clean Install of QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup
- Press and hold the Windows+R key together to open the Run windows.
- Then, type Msconfig and tap on ok.
- Open the system configuration window and go to the general tab then tap on the selective startup.
- Now, select the Load system services and visit the services tab.
- After that, checkmark on Hide all Microsoft services and tap on the Disable all options.
- Now, you have to remove the mark from Hide all Microsoft services and select the Windows Installer.
- Reboot your system. When the system opens then perform a clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- When QuickBooks is installed then open Run windows and enter Msconfig.
- After that, select the normal startup then click on Ok.
- Lastly, you have to restart your system again.
In this article, we discuss Some Easy Steps to Resolve Quickbooks Error 15101. We hope that all the above-mentioned steps will be helpful for you and easy to understand troubleshooting these errors. However, if these steps don’t work out then contact professionals to get rid of the update error from your system. If you may face any issues or errors then visit our site and check out other posts also to resolve them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix error 15101 in QuickBooks?
- Run reboot.bat File.
- Restart QuickBooks.
- Use QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Set up Internet Settings.
- Install “Digital Certificate”.
Q2. How do I fix error code 6073 in QuickBooks?
- Manually resolve QuickBooks error 6073.
- Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.