QuickBooks is accounting software that is used widely for its vast features and quick and accurate responses. In other words, QuickBooks is the most loved software among the world’s accountants for any business. The accounting world has completely evolved with the introduction of QuickBooks financial software. This incredible software has transformed changed the working methods of entrepreneurs, especially accounting and bookkeeping. This is efficient accounting software that helps the users to perform tough accounting tasks accurately.
But recently, users have started experiencing an error named – Quickbooks Point of Sale Invalid Product Number – Quickbooks POS which is related to invalid product code or number code. This error occurs when the POS Entitlement folder stores damaged files and some files are missing or have gone corrupted. Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number error can frustrate you because you won’t be able to perform your financial-related tasks of the company leading to less productivity.
In this informative article, we will tell you the reasons, symptoms, and proven solutions to handle “Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number” efficiently.
What Factors Give Birth To Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number?
Now you have an idea about what exactly is “Invalid product number Quickbooks POS”, let’s find out the reasons for the troublesome error.
- The first reason is the presence of damaged/corrupt files in the QBs POS entitlement folder.
- An invalid product code is used during the installation process of QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- One more reason behind this error is trying to access the files without proper admin permissions.
How to Tackle Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number Error?
We have explained to you the reasons for the error along with its meaning. Now, it is time to tackle this error by applying proven solutions. There is more than one solution to repair the “Invalid Product Number Quickbooks POS 2013” error and we will brief each of the methods one by one. Have a look.
Solution 1: Deleting the Entitlement Client Folder’s Content
The very first technique to fix the “Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number” error is to delete the contents inside the entitlement client folder. Remember that, this is a step-by-step method, you can either choose between the automatic or manual process. We have appropriately explained both of the processes below.
Automatic Deletion Process
- To automatically remove the contents inside the “Entitlement Client Folder”, you have to download the “Clear Entitlement File Tool.”
- “Unzip the file” to your desktop.
- Also, tap twice on the file to “Run.”
- The ending step is to re-launch the QBs Point of Sale and then complete the registration.
Manual Deletion Process
Now you have understood the procedure of automatic deletion, let’s explain to you the steps to delete the contents inside the entitlement client folder manually.
- For the manual deletion, you have to hold the “Windows + E” simultaneously to open the “Windows Explorer.”
- Visit “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.”
- The following step is to hold the “Ctrl + A” for selecting all the files in the folder. Then tap on “Delete.”
- Hit “Yes” to confirm the action.
- Re-launch the QBs Point of Sale and then finish the registration to complete the method.
For Windows 8 and Above:
The steps can be different for various windows operating system versions. The below steps are for Windows 8 users.
- Right-tap on the “Start” and choose the “File Explorer.”
- Click on “View” and then tick the check-box of “Hidden items.”
- The next step is to visit “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.”
- Now select the files present in that folder and tap on the “Delete” option.
- After that, open QBs Point of sale once again for the registration and finish the method.
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
If you have windows 7 and vista, then follow the steps below:
- You are first required to right-tap on “Start” and then access the “Windows Explorer.”
- Now you have to tap on the “Organize” and choose the “Folder and Search Options.”
- Tap on the “View” and select the “Show Hidden Files option.
- Reach “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.”
- To finish the step, you have to press CTRl + A to choose all files in the folder and click on “Delete.”
You Can Also Read, Quickbooks POS Support Number : Get Quick Assistance Now
Solution 2: Renaming the WS Activity File
You can also rename the “WS activity file” to fix Quickbooks POS 2013 Invalid Product Number. The steps are:
- First of all, using Windows Explorer, follow “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini”.
- Right-tap on the “WS Activity.”
- Now, select “Rename.”
- And write the OLD WS Activity while renaming and tap anywhere to get the changes saved.
- Now, close the windows.
- Remove the entitlement folder and turn back to the last step.
- Finish the step by re-launching the QBs Point of sale.
Solution 3: Uninstall and Reinstall QBs Point of Sale
By uninstalling and reinstalling, many errors including Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number can be repaired. Follow this fixation method step-by-step.
- First of all, “Sign in” to windows using an admin account.
- Open the “Run” window.
- Write “Control Panel” in the box. Hit Enter.
- Choose “Programs and Features.”
- From the list of programs, choose QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and tap on “Uninstall/Change.”
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to conclude the step.
- Then “Uninstall QuickBooks POS” from your system.
- Rename all POS folders.
- Now, you have to delete/remove the QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows user.
- Reboot the system.
- Install “QuickBooks Point of Sale.”
- Open the QBs software and then make a fresh company file.
- Restore the backup you had created earlier.
- Now verify that the restored data is valid or not.
- After following these steps, check if the Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number issue continues or not.
- Also check, if you can connect with the POS software with QuickBooks desktop.
- Lastly, register QuickBooks point of sale again to conclude the process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How Can I Check Hidden Files in Windows 7?
- Tap on “Start” and select My Computer.
- Click on “Folder and Search” inside “Organize.”
- Tap on “View” and choose “Show Hidden Files.”
- Untick “Hide Protected Systems Operating.” Hit Yes.
- Tap on “Apply”, hit OK. The steps are similar for Windows Vista also.
How Can I View Hidden Files in Windows 8 and 8.1?
First of all, open “Windows Explorer.” Inside the “View”, pick the File Extension. Tick mark on the “Hidden Items.”
How Can I View Hidden Files in Window 10?
First of all, find the folder icon available at the bottom of the screen. Tap on “View” and then on “Hidden items.”
We hope that these techniques were helpful to you in resolving the “Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number.” We know that this error is very much frustrating, but at the same time, you can tackle it smoothly by following any of the methods that are mentioned above.
If you need more guidance, then we would recommend you to contact QuickBooks Customer Support anytime. The team is available 24×7 to help users all around the world.