Quickbooks Online Error 9999 is an error that you may encounter when refreshing your bank information. Typically, QuickBooks Error 9999 appears with an error message stating Apologies, we are unable to refresh your record. As strange as it can be, Error 9999 Quickbooks is a typical error. This means that a large number of users are affected by this error. You’re not the only one bothered by this error
But don’t be concerned. We have devised a series of effective solutions to this error of yours. Everything you have to do is follow our instructions and complete the assignments. In this post, we will go over error 9999 in depth. This covers the causes, symptoms, and the easiest fixes.
What are the Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error 9999?
This error may occur for a variety of reasons. Let’s take a closer look at what they are:
- It’s possible that your internet service is unstable.
- The Bank’s server and the Intuit server could be experiencing connectivity problems.
- Your Windows firewall can be causing abstraction in Quickbooks’ activity.
- The antivirus software has the ability to disable the connection.
- This error is also influenced by cookies in your browser.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 9999?
- If you use QuickBooks online, you will be unable to connect to your bank.
- Another sign is that the browser you’re using can become delayed and sluggish. There are also times when the browser freezes and does not react.
- You can see an error message that displays the text “Error 9999: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
Now that we’ve identified the causes and symptoms of Error Code 9999 Quickbooks online, it’s time to work out how to fix it.
How can I Resolve QuickBooks Error 9999?
We will present you with a plethora of solutions to this issue. You simply need to go through each step one by one before you find the one that corresponds to your situation.
Often, remember to create a copy of your files to avoid data loss.
Solution 1: Report the Issue
- The first and most important thing you can do is report directly from the error message that has appeared on your screen.
- Select Report a problem.
- Then, on the banking transaction tab, enter your name and email address.
- Now, press the send button.
- Hopefully, the tech staff will be able to assist you shortly.
Solution 2: Connect your Quickbooks Online Accounts
- First and foremost, you must terminate your new Quickbooks online account.
- Then, simply select the Edit function.
- Now, pick the Edit Account Info option.
- On the Save screen, select the Disconnect this account function.
- Select Save and Close.
- You must now go back to the dashboard and renew the connection.
- Return to the QBO account and connect it.
- Finally, the new purchases will be visible in your Quickbooks online account.
Solution 3: Cookies and Historical Data
- To begin, launch Internet Explorer and navigate to the Favorites tab.
- Then, choose the History button.
- Go to the Menu and click History.
- Simply choose the pages you want to uninstall. You will also attempt to delete all search records. Then click Delete.
Solution 4: Make a Backup Key
- To begin, go to your start menu.
- When keeping down the Ctrl+Shift buttons, type “command” into the search bar.
- On the screen, you can see a permission dialog box. Simply press the Yes button.
- You can now see a black box with a flickering cursor display on your computer.
- Now, just Regedit and press the Enter key.
- Simply pick the QuickBooks Online Error 9999 relevant key that you want to back up.
- Go to the File menu and choose Export.
- Simply save the backup key by entering a name in the File Name field.
- Save your work by clicking the Save button. Make sure the file is saved with the .reg extension.
Solution 5: Configuring the Firewall
Changing the firewall settings will potentially aid in the resolution of Error 9999 Quickbooks online. This is due to the fact that firewalls appear to obstruct Quickbooks’ operation. You just need to follow the steps shown below.
- The first thing you can do is launch your default browser.
- Then, choose “Tools” and then “Firewall Settings”.
- Select “exceptions” from the firewall options.
- Finally, you’ll need to add these exceptions to the firewall.
QuickBooks.com QBW32.exe Payroll.com Intuit.com qbupdate.exe
This post goes through the solutions for this error in great detail. Hopefully, they were helpful in correcting the error. Please take a look at our other posts on our website. They would be an educational treat for you.
Even, still, you are ever unable to correct this error. It is recommended that you contact Quickbooks’ customer service. They can quickly correct this error for you. The very efficient team can easily help you out in rectifying the Quickbooks error code 9999. So, you should not hesitate in seeking help from them. Till then, Kudos to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 What is the QuickBooks Error Code 9999?
A script error 9999 interrupts the connection involving your bank and QB online. In this case, your window or computer system stops working like most Quickbooks errors. The manual transaction can be a solution for the initial level.
Q.2 What are the steps to resolve QuickBooks Banking Error 9999?
- Immediately when one meets with the error, report it to the connected bank.
- Initiate the Bank update under the banking tab of Quickbooks online.
- Make sure to clear the unnecessary files from the online browser.
- Ensure manual import of banking transactions.
Q.3 What are the causes of QuickBooks Online Error 9999?
Other than bank and QB online connection interruption, multifold causes are there:
- Bank server issue
- Windows antivirus has restricted the action among banks and Quickbooks online
- Unstable internet connection
- Junk of unnecessary browser files
- Corrupt window
Q.4 What is meant by “Script Error”?