It might be interesting to use QuickBooks as it helps you to make your work easy. But we know that from time to time there is an update in the versions of QuickBooks. So you need to upgrade your QuickBooks to work in a more advanced way. If you want to convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro then you need to migrate or transfer all your information to QuickBooks company data and also buy a license to activate QuickBooks software.
Well, we are going to tell you the features, the differences between them, the need for upgrading, and the steps for converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro. And we hope that all your doubts about this will be clear and you will not face any issues in using it. So without further delay. Let’s begin.
What is QuickBooks Pro Version?
QuickBooks Pro is considered more than accounting software. It provides solutions to more than 15 integrated businesses and is highly advanced. Many small and medium companies use it because it is user-friendly. Also acts as a mediator between businesses as it provides for more than 100 products or services like payroll management, data storage, and backup.
Features of QuickBooks Pro
QuickBooks Desktop version is overwhelmed with its Pro, Premier, and Enterprises features. One can not object to the presence of this version. Presenting you a detailed summary of features of QuickBooks Pro, we will try to level up the user’s interest in the QB desktop version. Let’s take it down.
- A single user can manage several companies installing a desktop pro.
- QB desktop pro is accessible even offline. It is practical for the business facing issues with their internet connection usually.
- There is no doubt calling it the best choice for farm accounting software & multi-company software. (Accounting)
- The pro version is perfect for the business, which deals with fewer accounting activities, be it stock or inventory. Your accountant can easily show the company’s every report on the same desktop, with no online sharing.
- Your banking & cash management is safe with the registration of this pro version. You can quickly merge check and cash transactions to define your daily business.
Features of QuickBooks Enterprise
Using QuickBooks Enterprise can help your business in many ways. Just have a look at them:
- It allows you to keep a track of inventory across different locations.
- You can create customizable reports using industry-specific templates in order to reduce manual data entry errors.
- From a single dashboard, you can see the picking, packing, and shipping workflows.
- Over 115 different activities can be accessed by all team members and the remaining can be kept private.
- It offers a wide variety of solutions such as contracting, manufacturing, and retail which are loaded with advanced features.
The Difference Between QuickBooks Enterprise and QuickBooks Pro
Though you may witness the differences between Enterprise and Pro with their usage, yet to clarify the initial subscription, we would like to compare the significant points for better understanding. Try them out.
- The pro and premier are appealing for small and midsize businesses but are the choice for large entities. In this case, QB desktop enterprise performs the best role. Here, you can add more users compared to pro and premier and let the data access at least 30 users at the time.
- If you have price issues buying the advanced version of QB desktop, you can quickly switch to the pro version for company management.
- In Enterprise, you can set prices based on customers, their classes, sales figures, items, and more. These modules make it more demanding against a pro.
- The mobile version of this QB Enterprise is a powerful tool for warehouse workers to meet their sales targets and daily activities relevant to company business.
- However, on the security stage, the advanced version (Enterprise) can create difficulty for company data to be accessible to more users than pro.
Why Convert Quickbooks Enterprise To Pro Software?
If a user purchased a version of Quickbooks Enterprise at an earlier stage for a few years and now he/she wants to switch to Quickbooks Pro. Then the user must have certain reasons to convert the Quickbooks Enterprise file to Pro.
- If you operate a business that has less than 14.500 items such as products, vendors, or customers, you need to convert Quickbooks enterprise to Pro software.
- In comparison to Pro, Quickbooks Enterprise is way more expensive.
- The Pro version of Quickbooks provides the same benefits and advantages to users as Quickbooks enterprise.
As the above paragraph gives you a reason to import your data from Quickbooks enterprise to Quickbooks Pro. This whole conversion process will be processed under Quickbooks online. We are going to use Quickbooks Online (QBO) to import the Quickbooks Enterprise data to Quickbooks ProFile. QBO is a pass-through conversion tool that helps the user easily transfer the data from QBES to QB Pro. But, before hopping to the conversion step, you need to accomplish some tasks that are essential for the importing process.
Things to Remember Before Conversion
- Make sure the Quickbooks company file must be under 350,000 targets, if it is over the limit then, you should trim the Quickbooks windows file for import.
- Create a Quickbooks online free trial account at qbo.intuit.com
- Use admin credentials to log into Quickbooks
- Create a backup of your QB company file.
- Make sure to use Internet Explorer to run Quickbooks.
- You are only allowed to transfer data within the first 60 days of the Quickbooks Online company start date.
Note: If you fulfilled all the instructions as defined above, then there’s a possibility that the Quickbooks desktop file will replace the entire QB online file and overwrite any existing information.
Avoid any Unresponsiveness glitches during the Import Process of Quickbooks Data
- First, the user has to open Internet Explorer.
- Now press the ALT+T keys together to open the Tool Menu.
- After that, select the Internet option from the bottom and then navigate to the Security option.
- In the Security tab, uncheck the box beside the Enable Protected Mode option.
- After unchecking the box, stay on the same page and go to the sites option there.
- Now, add https://qbo.intuit.com and https://lvdc.qbo.intuit.com to the Trusted Sites option, then click on the Close button.
- After that, click on the Zone option along with the Internet option which is seen as a Globe on the Security tab.
- Drag the slider to Low or medium-level on Security Level.
- Now, after the above steps, click on the Apply button and then OK.
- Finally, you need to close the Internet Explorer and re-open it, and then initiate the convert QuickBooks enterprise to pro procedure through Quickbooks online.
You can also read download Quickbooks Enterprise 2020 With Easy Steps
Steps to Convert Quickbooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Online Before Converting to Pro
Follow the below steps to initiate conversion from Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Online.
- Firstly, Subscribe to Quickbooks online.
- Make a backup file of Quickbooks files onto the local Computer. After that, restore the backup file to create a second copy and use the second copy in the conversion process, so if anything goes wrong the original file will be safe.
- Now, open the QB enterprise on the system and open the Products information tab by pressing the Ctrl + 1 key together.
- After opening the Product info tab, press the Ctrl + b followed by Ctrl +q keys one after another.
- Now, close the Product info window by clicking on the OK button
- A pop-up window will automatically come up on the screen, if not then repeat the second point one more time.
- In the pop-up window, you should type in the QB online login credentials
- Now, click on the Agree button for the terms and conditions and then click on the submit button.
- In the next step, you have to choose a company for which you want to import the data info.
Note: If the company file is too large to import then you will only see options for importing lists and balances.
- Now after the completing above steps precisely as directed, you successfully import the data from QB enterprise to QB Pro.
- Now, your Quickbooks Enterprise data is converted into Quickbooks Online. It’s time to import the data to Quickbooks Pro from Quickbooks Online.
Importing Data of Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Pro through Quickbooks Online
Like the above method, transfer all your QB enterprise data to Quickbooks online. When your file gets set up and starts running on QB online. You can use Internet Explorer to import the QB online file into the backup for the desktop. You just have to change the URL to http://qbo.intuit.com/app/exportqbodatatoqbdt in the browser window. To do so, you have to follow the below-given instructions:
- First, you have to make sure ActiveX Controls are installed, and for that click on the Continue option.
- Now, choose the All Financial Data option there to import your entire file. You can choose the All financial data without transactions option to start fresh, which will bring over balances but not the history. You can always refer to your old QB Enterprises file if needed.
- Once the file has been exported, the next step is conversion.
- Now, Open the QB Desktop on the screen where you have to pick a company file to open.
- In QB Online, you have to click on the convert button to import the file from QB Online to Quickbooks Pro.
- Once the above steps are completed, don’t forget to cancel the QBO trial subscription that came up on the screen.
- After the conversion process, you have to set the browser to its default setting by following these steps:
1. Go to Internet Explorer, and then press and hold the ALT+T key together to open the Tools Menu. From here you have to navigate to Internet Options at the bottom of the window, and after that, you have to select the Security tab at the top of the screen.
2. Now go to Reset all zones to default level and click on it, then click Apply, then press the OK, and at last close the Internet Explorer.
Now you successfully convert QuickBooks enterprise to pro software. Congratulations! You did it on your own with help of this post.
Also Find, Methods To Convert Quicken To Quickbooks Online
Hopefully, the above paragraph in the post will help you out in the process to convert Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks pro, and you have already imported the data. This post will assist you to wait for each and every fact that you need for the conversion of the data between QBEP and QB Pro. In this post, we will use QuickBooks Online as a thorough path to import the data.
If you are enabled to convert the Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Pro then you are advised to contact Quickbooks Enterprise support executives. They are always ready to help you as they are available 24X7. You can call them on a toll-free number from anywhere in the world. They work worldwide to help QB users.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I transfer QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
Answer- Yes, you can transfer your QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro but for that, you need to transfer all your QuickBooks company data and you need to buy a license to activate QuickBooks software to get your work in flow.
Q2. Can you convert from QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Premier?
Answer- Follow these steps to convert from QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Premier:
- First, open QuickBooks Desktop Pro.
- Then choose to Create a new company under the No company window.
- Now you have two options: either tap on Express Start or Start Setup.
- After that follow the onscreen procedure to finish the setup.
Q3. How do I change my version of QuickBooks?
- You need to tap on the Help option and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then select Update Now and click Get Updates.
- Till the download finishes, wait for a few seconds.
- Lastly, restart your QuickBooks and accept to install a new release.
Q4. Can we open QuickBooks Premier with the pro?
Answer- Yes you can open QuickBooks Premier with Pro together but without changing data in the file.