“Problem: There was an unexpected error reported when trying to run QuickBooks with the company file. Error Code: c. Description: Error loading type library / DLL”
“QuickBooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your computer might solve the problem. Error type: 80029c4a – Can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)”
If you are receiving these error texts then there is an urgent need to fix and get rid of them. But, how will you do it? Well, to answer that question, we have this guide. You will receive some best troubleshooting methods to kick out this bug. So, get on a ride with us throughout the post and explore.
What is Quickbooks Error Code 80019c4a?
QuickBooks error 80029c4a appears when the user opens a company file. The main cause behind it could be the DLL files. QuickBooks uses these files to allow the same functionality in various programs. However, issues within the files appear when the user sets up a program or the system.
This issue can hinder QuickBooks functionality as QuickBooks freezes and a sudden system outbreak can be seen. You must learn the factors that lead to this agitation in the system. So, move in and learn.
All factors that trigger QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
A handful of factors are responsible for the issue. Look at them:
- Antivirus defender has wrongly recognized some files as trojans infected.
- System files are damaged.
- Missing QuickBooks desktop files.
- Any kind of malware activity leads to corruption within the Windows file.
- Getting an issue while Windows startup or shutdown.
- Corrupted QuickBooks downloads.
- Windows registries are corrupted and damaged.
- An anonymous program has deleted QuickBooks-related files.
Symptoms to Identify the QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
Here are some of the pointers that will help you in spotting the issue.
- Your computer crashes frequently.
- Keyboard and mouse inputs are not appearing on the screen.
- QuickBooks installation pops up with error 80029c4a.
- All active programs get a sudden crash
- Sluggish responds.
- Could not access the QB desktop.
Also Read: Fixing QuickBooks Error 80070057 Like A Pro (Full Guide)
Top Solutions to fix QuickBooks error code 80029c4a
To resolve the error code 80029c4a Quickbooks 2015, just follow the following steps. These methods are quite technical so it is recommended that perform these steps under some professionals.
Solution 1: Run Reboot.bat File
- First of all, close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- And then, open the folder that has the reboot.bat file.
- The next step is to right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose the Properties option.
- Now, it’s time to hit the Open file location option.
- After that, the user needs to hit right-click on the reboot.bat file and select Run as System Administrator.
- The user needs to run reboot.bat or reboot (depending upon the windows folder option setting) as the Windows Administrator.
- The user should remember not to close the current window because this will turn off the reboot.bat file utility. once it gets completed.
- The final step is to restart the system once.
With this method, most of the users find the solution to resolve these types of errors but if the error still interferes with your work, try out the next method.
Solution 2: Update Antivirus Avast
In this particular solution, you are supposed to update the avast Antivirus on your system but it is advised to take help from an IT professional before applying this method on your system to resolve the Quickbooks error code 80029c4a 2015.
- Go to the Avast Antivirus on your system
- First hover and then right-click on the avast through the mouse.
- Now, select the update option
- After that, click on the Program option
- Right-after, Adhere to the prompts to update the Avast program
- Now, it advised updating the PC protection for future safety.
Solution 3: Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
Before performing this method, keep one thing in mind that You must have the QuickBooks downloaded file and your QB Installation CD with its license number.
- First thing first, reinstall the Quickbooks using Quickbooks Clean Install Tool.
- Now the user is required to update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version.
- First of all, tap on the File menu and then click on Close Company or Logoff.
- Now go to the File menu, click on it, and then hit on the Exit option
- After that, click on the Run as administrator option.
- Now confirm that there is No Company Open on the screen.
- Go to the Help menu, and choose Update QuickBooks.
- Now choose desired options.
- Select the Mark all button and then click on Save.
- Now hit on the Update Now option.
- Later, click on the Reset Update then select the Get Updates.
- When the updating process ends, a finished pop-up message appears on the screen then Closes the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, re-open the QuickBooks Desktop. If you get the pop-up to install the update message then click on Yes.
- When the update is done, restart your computer.
Solution 4: Perform a Windows Repair
- First of all, close QuickBooks.
- Now, go to the File menu by hitting on the Windows button.
- Now open the Control Panel and select Uninstall or change program.
- After that select QuickBooks in the list of programs.
- Now, click on the Uninstall/Change option.
- Click on the Next in the QuickBooks installation window.
- Now, click on the Next and choose the Repair radio button.
- After completing the above steps, tap on the Repair button at the bottom.
- After that, click on the Finish option when the repair process completes.
- The QuickBooks application should now be reconditioned, just Reboot your computer.
- To verify that it opens usually, Open your QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Uninstall/Reinstall QuickBooks
1: Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- First of all, tap on the Start button and then visit the Programs and Features option.
- Now go to the control panel option and click on it to open.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to click on the programs option and then tap on the Programs and Features option.
- Now, search for error code 80029c4a associated program option.
- The next step in the process is to click on the QuickBooks Pro-related entry option
- Now moving ahead click on the Uninstall option and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the uninstallation task.
2: Windows 8 and Windows 10
- To initiate the process, the user has to right-click on the Windows button.
- And then, select the programs and features or Apps and features option in Windows 8 or Windows 10 respectively.
- The next step is to search for the QuickBooks pro error code 80029c4a associated program in the program and features list and click on it
- The above steps lead you to the QuickBooks Pro-related entry lists.
- The next step in the process is to click on the Uninstall/change option.
- And finally, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
3: Windows XP
- In Windows XP, the users are required to click on the start button and then open the Programs and Features option by clicking on it.
- The next step is to click and open the Control panel and then select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Once done with that, the user is required to look for the QuickBooks Pro error code 80029c4a associated program in the list.
- The next step in the list is to click on the QuickBooks Pro-related entry.
- After that click on the Uninstall/change option.
- To end the process, follow the prompts and instruction that comes up on your screen.
Solution 6: Run Window System File Checker
- Click on the Start button and then type Command into the search bar stable below the bar.
- Now, press the Ctrl + Shift keys together from the keyboard and then press the Enter key altogether.
- A permission dialogue box will open, click Yes to it to continue the process
- After that, a black box will be displayed on the screen known as Command prompt.
- Now you should type the command SFC/Scan now inside the box and hit the Enter button on the keyboard.
- After completing the above steps the user needs to wait until the System File Checker completes the scanning for QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
- Once the process is done successfully, go through the on-screen instructions and then the error code will definitely be abolished from the root
If this solution will fail just like others then, we have one more method for you to perform and redeem the Quickbooks enterprise 2015 error code 80029c4a from your system.
Solution 7: Virus and Malware Scan
This method holds up only two steps to resolve the Quickbooks enterprise 2015 error code 80029c4a and that is
- Go to the Windows virus or Threat protection Application listed on your system.
- Now opt for the scan process and wait till the scanning process is completed.
- After completing the process, restart your system.
Solution 8: Restart the System
Make sure that you restart your system for removing memory bugs and glitches. Restart also helps in modifying all the recent changes made in your system.
Also Read: Resolve Quickbooks Won't Open Error [Troubleshooting Guide]
Solution 9: Update QuickBooks
- Click the File menu.
- Choose Close company or log off.
- After that, just choose File.
- Also, hit the Exit button.
- Make sure that your system is running as an Admin.
- Open the window named No company open.
- Without interrupting it, just direct towards the Help menu.
- Pick the Update QuickBooks option.
- Thereafter, click on the Options button.
- Consequently, click on Mark All.
- Then, hit Save.
- Make sure that you choose the Update Now button.
- Subsequently, hit Reset Update.
- Click on the Get Updates button.
- An update successful message will appear then.
- Now, press the Alt + F4 or Esc key to close the software.
- Just access QB desktop to choose Yes.
- Finally, reboot your system.
Solution 10: Update Security Software
- Firstly, pick the newest release for updating the security software
- Manually try to add program/component exceptions.
- Just restart QuickBooks.
However, QuickBooks Error 80029c4a might seem complex but after using any of the above solutions you will be able to get out of this issue. Whenever you feel a need for assistance, our experts are available to help.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1- Why cannot I restore the QB backup?
It might have happened because of any of the following reasons:
- The backup has been already restored through a network drive.
- A backup has been created in a newer version and saved into the older one.
- Also, if the restored file is not a QuickBooks backup file.
2- What is the correct way to restore the QuickBooks company?
- Hit the File menu.
- Choose Open/restore company.
- After that, click on Restore a backup copy.
- Thereafter, choose Next.
- Tap backup type.
- Make sure to click on local or online.
- Click Next.
- Then, find out the backup file for restoring.
- Make sure to launch it and choose Next.
3- How can I upgrade to QuickBooks desktop 2021?
- The first and foremost step is to choose the Upgrade Now button.
- Click on the tab named Keep old version on my computer.
- Thereafter, a new version of QuickBooks will install on its own.
- Also, it will update the company files.
- Finally, just access QuickBooks after completing the installation.
4- Where can I find the stored QuickBooks company files?
QuickBooks > Start > All programs > QuickBooks folder. Just go through these 4 steps and try to store the QuickBooks company files.
5- How can I disable automatic backup in QuickBooks?
- Initially, open the company file.
- Thereafter, hit the Edit section.
- Make sure to choose Preferences.
- Also, select General.
- Pick Preferences and remove the checkbox to run QuickBooks.
- Finally, hit OK.