Are you looking for the best ways to fix QuickBooks Error 15103 from your device? Then, we are here to help you by providing all the information about the error. This error appears when you try to update the QuickBooks Payroll or Desktop and it may arise due to corrupted or damaged files. There are many different error codes under the 15000 Series. In this article, we have discussed simple ways to troubleshoot Error 15103 QuickBooks. Read this till the end to get all the essential information.
QuickBooks Error 15103 is related to the payroll update process. This error stops you from downloading and installing the payroll updates and the error appears as “The update program damaged or the update program cannot be opened”. When this error occurs, you are unable to utilize the improved features of QuickBooks payroll services.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 15103
Below is the following list of the reasons behind this QuickBooks Error 15103. Follow all the steps that help you to identify this error:-
- You will not be able to update the latest released versions.
- The Internet Explorer settings are required.
- When the spy sweeper is present in the Webroot anti-virus.
- If the user doesn’t have the sufficient admin rights required to install the latest released update of QuickBooks.
- When QuickBooks is unable to verify the digital signature.
- The connectivity problem of the network is also the reason behind this error.
- If the QuickBooks file installation is incomplete and it got damaged.
- When the registry of Windows is corrupted and damaged.
Methods to QuickBooks Error 15103
There are some following methods mentioned to troubleshoot QuickBooks update error 15103. Follow all the steps correctly to fix that:-
Method 1- Run Reboot.bat files
- Firstly, you have to close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select the Properties tab.
- Now, you have to tap on the Open file location.
- Then, go to the top right on the search bar and enter reboot/reboot.bat
- After that, when you see the reboot/reboot.bat file name then choose the file and right-click on it.
- Then, select the Run as Administrator, and if prompted tap on Yes.
- When this is successfully done then reboot your system to make all changes done.
- Now, reopen the QuickBooks and perform the Quickbooks Update Now if you are prompted to install the update.
Note that: If you are still not able to install due to QuickBooks error 15103 then move to the next method.
Method 2- Delete and again Download the Update
- Initially, close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, go to the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooksXX\Components. (XX refers to the QuickBooks version).
- (For example, QuickBooks Desktop 2019 is DownloadQB29.)
- After that, open the QuickBooks Desktop and move to the Help option.
- Then, go to the Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Tap on the Update Now tab.
- Now, verify the Reset Update and click on the Get Updates tab.
- Lastly, wait for some time to complete the update to the QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 3- Run Quick Fix My Program
- First of all, to run the Quick Fix My Program, you have to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official website of Intuit.
- When the installation is complete then move to the Program Problems tab and hit on the Quick Fix My Program option.
- It will take time to run. When it is completed then reopen the QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 4- QuickBooks File Doctor Download and Install
QuickBooks file doctor helps you to automatically configure firewall and antivirus settings, which restrict updates to installation.
- Initially, download QuickBooks Tool Hub and press Ctrl+J to go to downloads.
- From the download list tap on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- Now, to make this app change click on Yes.
- Then, to install this tool click on Next and also accept the license agreement by clicking on Yes again.
- After that, to start the installation process click on install. It may take some time.
- When the installation is complete then open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, go to the Company File Issue tab and tap on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Now, move to the browser and search for your company file.
- Choose to Check your file and network and then tap on Continue.
- Lastly, you have to enter the QuickBooks Administrator password and hit the Next button.
- Now, the scanning process starts and scan time is dependent on the company file size.
- Lastly, when the scanning process is done then verify whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method 5- Windows Update
- Firstly, right-click on the start button.
- Then, go to settings and select Update and Security.
- Now, under the windows update section click on Check for updates.
- If there is any update available to install then tap on Download and Install option.
- Finally, when the installation completes then reboot your system and verify whether error 15103 QuickBooks is resolved or not.
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error H303
Method 6- Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
- Firstly, open the Run box by pressing and holding the Windows+R key together.
- Then type the MSCONFIG in the run box and tap on OK.
- Now, choose the selective startup under the General tab and make sure that the load startup item is unchecked.
- Then, click on OK, and if prompted then tap on the Reboot option.
- Lastly, uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
Before you uninstall QuickBooks Desktop ensure to be handy with the product information like License Number and Product Number. When you press the F2 key or the Ctrl+1 key on QuickBooks then this information will open.
Method 7- Switch to Normal Startup Mode
- First of all, press the Windows+R key to open the Run windows on the system.
- Then, on the run box enter the MSConfig and tap on OK.
- You have to choose the Normal Startup.
- After that, tap on Apply and hit on OK.
- Finally, reboot your system.
Method 8- Digital Signature Certificate Install
- Initially, go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks XX. ‘XX’ refers to your QuickBooks versions.
- Then, in the top right corner enter QBW32.exe then right-click on the QBW32, and move to the Properties.
- Now, go to the Digital Signature, and from the list choose Intuit.
- After that, click on the Details.
- Now, tap on the View Certificate and then click on the Install Certificate.
- Then, click on the Next and continue till the Finish option come. Then tap on Finish.
- When the import is done then restart your system.
- Lastly, you have to download the update again and check whether QuickBooks Update Error 15103 is fixed or not.
Also Read: QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
In the above articles, we discuss QuickBooks Error 15103– how to fix it. We hope that this will be helpful for you and all the above-mentioned methods can resolve this error. Follow all the steps correctly to fix it. If you have any issues or errors then visit our other articles also.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix error 15103 in QuickBooks?
Do follow these solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 15103:
- Turn QuickBooks to Normal Startup Mode.
- Change Internet Explorer Settings.
- Use Quick Fix my Program.
- Download Digital Signature Certificate.
- Install the Update in Safe Mode.
Q2. How do I manually enter payroll in QuickBooks Desktop?
To manually enter payroll in QuickBooks Desktop you must follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Edit drop-down option and choose preferences.
- Then hit on the Payroll & Employees option.
- After that click the “Company Preferences” menu.
- Now, in the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll tab choose Full payroll and the Manual Payroll checkboxes.
- Lastly, enter your details in that.
Q3. How to fix QuickBooks error 1618?
Here are the steps that assist you to resolve QuickBooks error 1618:
- Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Close the MSIEXEC.EXE file running in the Background.
- Backup for Windows Registry.
- Update Windows to the Latest Version.
Q4. What is my QuickBooks payroll pin?
QuickBooks Payroll PIN is a company password for your Payroll Service. This PIN is used to protect company security from any unauthorized transactions from your bank account.